Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Leveson inquiry ?

+2
gloswhite
Reebok Trotter
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The Leveson inquiry ? Empty The Leveson inquiry ? Thu Jun 14 2012, 21:42

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Anyone following it on TV ? Call me cynical but the whole thing stinks. Politicians at senior cabinet level 'taters deep' with Murdoch and his odious empire.

I thought politicians were elected to serve the general public ? It seems to me they have all had their snouts in Murdoch's grubby trough.

News International and their employees have been breaching the data protection act for years with total disregard for the privacy laws.

Rebekah Brooks has been charged with perverting the course of justice and if convicted could face imprisonment.

If she does get found guilty it will be interesting to see if she turns turtle and spills the beans on the illegal practices carried out under Murdoch's watch.

2The Leveson inquiry ? Empty Re: The Leveson inquiry ? Thu Jun 14 2012, 21:49

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

If she's found guilty, I think she will receive a token sentence, mostly because of her political connections. She will keep quiet, whilst she receives a pretty hefty payment from a grateful Murdoch empire. They really are all corrupt, and there is no silver lining in any of this. We laugh at so-called Third World countries and their politicians. The only difference with ours is that we have the money and know-how to disguise or hide all the shit shovelling that goes on.

3The Leveson inquiry ? Empty Re: The Leveson inquiry ? Thu Jun 14 2012, 21:52

Lyric Todkill

Lyric Todkill
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Surely of interest only to

Politicians

Media

4The Leveson inquiry ? Empty Re: The Leveson inquiry ? Thu Jun 14 2012, 21:55

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Lyric, I think your right, but they are only watching so that they have time to build their defences if they are outed.

5The Leveson inquiry ? Empty Re: The Leveson inquiry ? Thu Jun 14 2012, 22:09

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lyric Todkill wrote:Surely of interest only to

Politicians

Media

Not so. It should be of interest to every person in the UK who takes the trouble to vote. If Murdoch has the government in his pocket he effectively controls the country. The media is a powerful tool and it is important to have mechanism's in place to make sure that they don't get too big for their boots.

This enquiry has shown just how much power Murdoch has at his disposal. Courting Prime Ministers and figures of authority to further his own quest for global media domination.

The only party to come out of this with any credit are the Liberal Democrats.

6The Leveson inquiry ? Empty Re: The Leveson inquiry ? Thu Jun 14 2012, 22:12

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Unfortunately nothing will change. There is far more corruption in this country than people want to believe. Even when something is "cleaned up" nothing really changes. For example parliamentary expenses, then along comes the Warsi case.

The only thing I can guarantee is that the rich will keep getting richer.

7The Leveson inquiry ? Empty Re: The Leveson inquiry ? Thu Jun 14 2012, 22:14

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Baroness Warsi is full of shit. She has no credibility. Keith Vaz is another who I have no time for. Double standards etc etc.

8The Leveson inquiry ? Empty Re: The Leveson inquiry ? Sun Jun 17 2012, 07:29

yesbutno

yesbutno
Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

RT quote

'The only party to come out of this with any credit are the Liberal Democrats.'

Let's not forget why the LieDems are in the postion they are in. Because they dumped all their principles and are supporting the tories who are making the working people pay for the bankers greed and mistakes.

Why did Nick Clegg cross the road?
Because he said he wouldn't.

9The Leveson inquiry ? Empty Re: The Leveson inquiry ? Sun Jun 17 2012, 10:40

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

What's interesting is the reportage which has changed since the ConDem government was "elected" (sorry - nobody actually voted for the Coalition) In the Leveson enquiry the PM and several Cabinet members have been accused of corruption and without any defence are just saying "It was all innocent/Everybody does it/didn't affect my judgement" Now when the press were baying for Gordon Brown's blood they ran story after story to put nails in his coffin. With the ConDem's it's "interesting accusation - but is there any truth in it?" so what happened to investigative journalism in the meantime? Is there just a political will in the media to prop up this failing Government regardless of how corrupt they appear to be? Or has the role of the press changed? Or do they just not want to look like tits having orchestrated the demise of Brown only to replace him with an even bigger muppet?

Perhaps the subject matter of the Leveson enquiry has temporarily distracted the media from it's historical role i.e. running the country by telling people what to think.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum