Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Memrobilia...

+2
Reebok Trotter
Reebok_Rebel
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Bolton Memrobilia... Empty Bolton Memrobilia... Fri Jun 15 2012, 09:27

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I posted the below as a reply to a thread on Ja606, i thought id post it on here as it got a few good responses. it would also be nice to know what our fellow fans have hanging around in there houses... this is what I have.

all the below is true and can be backed up with hard evidence, id even bring some of the stuff with me to any meet-up, provided that the situation allowed it, i.e - not a match day or an away game.

Its just a quick copy and paste so may not read well...

I have a 58 cup final program signed by a few of the squad including sir nat.

its a little worse for wear - missing staples and been a bit creased over the years but is still very readable.

I have a wall with a couple of signed shirts, photos etc and its in a glass frame that I put it in myself - I paid £20 quid off ebay for it... I HAD to buy it when I saw it as its a piece of our history!

I also have on the same wall (this may or may not make certain people cream themselves) a programme my dad found in the loft of our house years ago...we have a pretty old house you see. we believe it to have either belonged to my granddad, my great granddad or his brother (all now deceased) I have NO IDEA how much it will be worth...ive never been interested it just looks really good on my wall, people generally do seem impressed by it, especially when I tell them the relevance of the date on it. I believe this is why the programme was kept and looked after all these years.

the programme is from 'Bolton Wanders Football and Athletic Club' - Bolton Wanderers v Stoke city, Saturday 9th march 1946...

the date of the burnden park disaster.

I've never found out how much it is worth, ive never felt the need to as its never going to be sold.

it was found about 10 years ago. as far as I Know the club are aware that we have it. I think the club do have one themselves from the museum though. that's the only place id let it go to, if there were only a few in existence, I couldn't deny Bolton the right to have a piece of there own history back.

2Bolton Memrobilia... Empty Re: Bolton Memrobilia... Fri Jun 15 2012, 10:36

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

There used to be a poster who was really into programmes and knew there value but I can't remember his name.

3Bolton Memrobilia... Empty Re: Bolton Memrobilia... Fri Jun 15 2012, 11:44

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

It was 'George' also posted under 'Rivals Reject'.

I really liked George's posts, hope he decides to join up on here one day soon.

4Bolton Memrobilia... Empty Re: Bolton Memrobilia... Fri Jun 15 2012, 11:51

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

5Bolton Memrobilia... Empty Re: Bolton Memrobilia... Fri Jun 15 2012, 12:09

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I just hope he doesn't get woodworm.

6Bolton Memrobilia... Empty Re: Bolton Memrobilia... Fri Jun 15 2012, 13:04

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

thats Dave T, owns dave T's house of tattoos on derby st...

full on wanderer that lad, lives in over hulton.

7Bolton Memrobilia... Empty Re: Bolton Memrobilia... Fri Jun 15 2012, 15:46

jayjay23

jayjay23
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I have got Jeff Chandler's shirt somewhere. Oh and Mixu Paatelienen's shirt from the last ever Burnden game (think it was that).

8Bolton Memrobilia... Empty Re: Bolton Memrobilia... Fri Jun 15 2012, 15:53

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

jayjay23 wrote:I have got Jeff Chandler's shirt somewhere. Oh and Mixu Paatelienen's shirt from the last ever Burnden game (think it was that).

Did you steal them?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum