Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The End Of Friends Reunited

+2
Sluffy
Natasha Whittam
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The End Of Friends Reunited Empty The End Of Friends Reunited Mon Jan 18 2016, 20:44

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

One of the first social networks, Friends Reunited, is to close after 16 years of reuniting people who hated each other at school.

Did you use this site? Did you make contact with anyone from school?

I met up with Tracy Scoggins from Penwortham Girls School circa 1996. I hated the bitch at school and was interested to see if I'd still hate her. I did.

Should we be glad Friends Reunited is ending seeing as it paved the way for shite like Facebook and Twitter? If Friends Reunited hadn't been invented, would Hipster and Boggers have kissed a girl by now?

2The End Of Friends Reunited Empty Re: The End Of Friends Reunited Mon Jan 18 2016, 21:52

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I never 'got' Friends Reunited (probably why I don't get Facebook either).

I could never see what the point was trying to find out how people at school who couldn't be bothered keeping in touch with me (or visa-versa) got on in their lives.

I've done quite well in my career but I've certainly never felt the need to flaunt the fact to others who knew me years ago, nor do I wish to gloat at those who may have had a less successful career and / or life than my own.

I know I seem to be in a minority away from those many who do love to boast about themselves or pry into what others have achieved with themselves, I'm simply happy to keep my own personal life to myself and family.

I've never lost touch with my true friends over the years so I never had need to seek to be 'reunited' with them again.

It all seemed so self-evident to me and that is why I could never see the desire to keep in touch with people who you couldn't really avoid whilst you were in school or share my holiday snaps and maybe the latest Coronation Street gossip (and other such shite), with a bunch of people who 'like' me well enough on Facebook but not well enough in real life as to want to pick up a phone and actually speak to me directly.

Must be my age I guess as everywhere I go I seem to see everybody under the age of about forty with their nose stuck to their smart phone/pad/or laptop Facebooking/twittering/instagraming/etc everyone they know personally and not actually speaking to them directly anymore!

Strange world we live in now!

3The End Of Friends Reunited Empty Re: The End Of Friends Reunited Mon Jan 18 2016, 22:41

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i thought it went years ago to be honest, i did have an account but haven't looked at the site for at least 5 years.

4The End Of Friends Reunited Empty Re: The End Of Friends Reunited Tue Jan 19 2016, 00:00

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I didn't know it was ending. Not a surprise as I don't know anyone who goes on it, but it is sad to see the demise of the site. One of the biggest problems is that all you can do is contact old school friends and let's be honest most people want to avoid people from their school days.
The couple who developed the site and sold it to ITV for £10m will no doubt be sad to see the site that they developed end but happy with what they got out of it.

5The End Of Friends Reunited Empty Re: The End Of Friends Reunited Tue Jan 19 2016, 06:29

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I tried to go on but forgot my password and login, not meant to be.

6The End Of Friends Reunited Empty Re: The End Of Friends Reunited Tue Jan 19 2016, 16:10

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

There's already a fishing thread.

7The End Of Friends Reunited Empty Re: The End Of Friends Reunited Tue Jan 19 2016, 17:54

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I preferred the old days. Amos would have posted a photo of him snogging some hot chick in the Sports Bar.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum