Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Lee Child

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Lee Child Empty Lee Child Sun 17 Jun - 21:37

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I know there are a lot of Lee Child readers on here. I'm about 50 pages from the end of 'The Affair' and so far it's been bloody rubbish, the worst Lee Child book by a mile.

Is the magic over?

2Lee Child Empty Re: Lee Child Sun 17 Jun - 22:15

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I haven't read ' The Affair' because I was waiting for it to come out in paperback. Lee is probably running out of ideas now that he has sold his soul to United Artists. Tom Cruise as Reacher ? What a fcuking insult to his readers intelligence. Largehat would be a better Reacher.

3Lee Child Empty Re: Lee Child Mon 18 Jun - 2:03

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Reebok Trotter wrote:Largehat would be a better Reacher.

I haven't read any Lee Child, though my brother gave me his copy of a novel called 'Die Trying' a while back and encouraged me to read it, so I had a look on Wikipedia and it said this about this character:

Reacher is a giant, standing at 6' 5" tall (1.96m) with a 50-inch chest, and weighing between 210 and 250 pounds (100–115 kg). He has ice-blue eyes and dirty blond hair. He has very little body fat, and his muscular physique is completely natural. He is exceptionally strong but is not a good runner.

I don't think I would have got the part of I had auditioned, somehow, but I am closer physical match than Tom Cruise, who is a bit of a midget for a leading man at 5'7. Hollywood has done all sorts over the years to disguise his height.

Sometimes though actors can be mis-cast on the basis of appearance and do well in a role.

Emma Watson was far too pretty to play the Hermione of the Harry Potter novels, but that worked somehow.

I believe Sean Connery was far too old to play James Bond. I guess it just goes to prove that making money always comes before being true to the source material.

4Lee Child Empty Re: Lee Child Mon 18 Jun - 2:31

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Child has shat on his readers fuck him.

5Lee Child Empty Re: Lee Child Mon 18 Jun - 9:42

Quent

Quent
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Agree with the original post, his latest effort isn't great. I'm currently reading the Robert Crais books about Elvis Cole which aren't disimilar to the Reacher books, albeit with a bit more humour.

6Lee Child Empty Re: Lee Child Mon 18 Jun - 10:47

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The first Lee Child that I read was called Tripwire and then I read Kiling Floor. Both good reads.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum