Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Leicester City.

+13
Bwfc1958
Reebok Trotter
wanderlust
Bollotom2014
Boggersbelief
finlaymcdanger
Bolton Nuts
doffcocker
MartinBWFC
Lever ender
Leeds_Trotter
karlypants
scottjames30
17 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Leicester City. Empty Leicester City. Sat Feb 06 2016, 14:01

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Laughing Must be title contenders now, 0-2 away to City.

2Leicester City. Empty Re: Leicester City. Sat Feb 06 2016, 14:04

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

0-3 now.

3Leicester City. Empty Re: Leicester City. Sat Feb 06 2016, 14:44

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It would be fantastic if they won the Prem, it would certainly make a change from the usual contenders!

4Leicester City. Empty Re: Leicester City. Sat Feb 06 2016, 14:45

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Finished 3-1 absolutely brilliant. Good for them, though this is like Blackburn's title win and next year I think will be totally different for them

5Leicester City. Empty Re: Leicester City. Sat Feb 06 2016, 17:14

Lever ender

Lever ender
Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

Good on them!rather them win it than any other top 4 team,tho if vardy and mahrez get snapped up end of season I can't see them keeping this form up into next season.

6Leicester City. Empty Re: Leicester City. Sat Feb 06 2016, 17:43

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Even though they are likely to only win it once, their fans will always have that memory, and that in football terms means a hell of a lot, hope they do go on to win it.

7Leicester City. Empty Re: Leicester City. Sat Feb 06 2016, 17:55

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Mixed feelings about Leicester.

Obviously it'd be nice to see an underdog win it for once but I do get jealous of other smaller clubs giving the big boys a run for their money.

A little part of me dies inside seeing the likes of Leicester and Stoke beating Arsenal, United, Liverpool etc like we used to do.

8Leicester City. Empty Re: Leicester City. Sat Feb 06 2016, 21:33

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Go on Leicester... I have been meaning to start this thread for ages but didn't want to put the mockers on it.

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

9Leicester City. Empty Re: Leicester City. Sat Feb 06 2016, 21:48

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I would love to see Leicester win it too but still a very big ask with 12 or so games to go. Hopefully their squad holds out for the whole season. Tottenham looking stronger than Citeh to me at the moment.

It's understandable that Vardy and Mahrez get all the praise but Kanté is a brilliant player too. He is so important to the way they play.

If Leicester do win it, will it be the biggest shock in the history of the English game?

10Leicester City. Empty Re: Leicester City. Sun Feb 07 2016, 16:21

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Arsenal will win it

11Leicester City. Empty Re: Leicester City. Sun Feb 07 2016, 16:29

Leicester have the easiest run in and no other competitions to worry about. I'd be surprised if they don't win it.

12Leicester City. Empty Re: Leicester City. Sun Feb 07 2016, 17:23

Bollotom2014

Bollotom2014
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

The pressure on them in the run in will be too much and tired legs will lead to lack of player skills with the subsequent problem of losing games. I doubt they have the experience to stay even in the top four, though top six looks okay. On the other side of the coin I'm looking for Chelsea to get relegated. We were top of the Prem once, as were Wet Spam. The pressure is tremendous.

13Leicester City. Empty Re: Leicester City. Sun Feb 07 2016, 21:30

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Leicester are 12 points clear of Manure in 5th so they're pretty odds on to secure a CL qualifier spot which is a phenomenal achievement and way beyond the wildest dreams of any of their fans before the season started.

Anything else is a bonus. But whilst everybody is dazzled by what Vardy and Mahrez have done this season (me included) I have to take my hat off to Leicester's defence and midfield. They have two of the biggest carthorses in the game at CB - Huth and Morgan and yet they are surrounded by phenomenal players with an incredible work ethic and skill - people like Drinkwater who is possibly the best midfielder in the prem this season - along with Kante. Unsung heroes and it just goes to show what can be achieved with a team of workhorses and a couple of greyhounds up top. Leicester's pressure game and work ethic has been second to none this season and I think that goes back to the foundations laid by Pearson.

Well done to them however it ends up.

14Leicester City. Empty Re: Leicester City. Sun Feb 07 2016, 22:02

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

someone has place a bet on them to win the league at 5000/1 fucking barmy. But I guess his punt might pay off.

15Leicester City. Empty Re: Leicester City. Mon Feb 08 2016, 09:53

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think most neutrals would wish for Leicester to win the title. At the very worst I think a Champions League spot is pretty much a given. Well done to them. It's nice to see the smaller unfashionable clubs kicking some arses. Long may it continue.

16Leicester City. Empty Re: Leicester City. Mon Feb 08 2016, 10:02

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

I bet Nigel Pearson is gutted. That could have been him if he wasn't such an arsehole. It also says a lot for having a settled side. Considering Ranieri's reputation he picks pretty much the same side week in week out and they've also been quite lucky with injuries. It would be great to see them lift the trophy at the end of the season.

17Leicester City. Empty Re: Leicester City. Mon Feb 08 2016, 10:07

Alf Hooker

David Lee
David Lee

I really really hope Leicester win it -  it would ace to see the SKY favourites have their rich noses rubbed in it - and I don't care if you think Pearson is an arsehole - I would have him in an instant over what we have now - its his foundations that have given them the platform to be where they are now. . .

18Leicester City. Empty Re: Leicester City. Mon Feb 08 2016, 10:14

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

It's definitely Pearsons foundations that have gotten them to where they are now. The run they went on at the back end of last season to escape relegation was nothing short of miraculous and I do rate him as a manager but if he'd had a bit more common sense instead of going out of his way to humiliate people or strangle players on the touchline he'd still be there now. He must be watching on wondering what might have been. I'd be sick if I were him.

19Leicester City. Empty Re: Leicester City. Tue Feb 09 2016, 13:34

If they are feeling any pressure they're not showing it are they? At the end of the day this team had the pressure of being bottom of the league at this time of the season last year, so although this is a slightly different kettle of fish I think they've shown they can handle it.

Having said that I fully expect them to lose at Arsenal at the weekend, Arsenal's style of play allows them to dictate games in a way other teams can't, so it's really about how they 'bounce back' their run in after that is pretty good, I hope they can do it. They've gone on this long so no reason why they can't.

20Leicester City. Empty Re: Leicester City. Sun Feb 14 2016, 12:53

1-0 up at Arsenal, 8 points clear.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum