Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What now for Lennon?

+20
boltonbonce
gloswhite
karlypants
Fabians Right Peg
wanderlust
terenceanne
luckyPeterpiper
wessy
Sluffy
Hipster_Nebula
Boggersbelief
Natasha Whittam
Leeds_Trotter
Jack Russell
Norpig
scottjames30
finlaymcdanger
doffcocker
Moses Gate
MartinBWFC
24 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 6]

101What now for Lennon? - Page 6 Empty Re: What now for Lennon? Sun Mar 06 2016, 12:48

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

CAMPO wrote:It's obvious that if we stick with Lennon to the end of this season we'll be down
Some of the squad are not prepared to put 100% in for him, some players playing well below their potential.
He won't select some players because he's had a fall out with them
When the takeover goes through on Monday morning the solution is all ready there!

If Deano has got the balls to do it, put Lennon on gardening leave and manage the team himself, get a couple of loans in, get all the squad together and give them the 'Buck up or fuck off at the end of the season' speech.
Deano's been watching this shit for months he should be able to see what's wrong
Six wins from 11 games is pushing it but Holdsworth said he didn't want to get to the end of the season and wish he'd done more
We're already down! ok not mathematically but I wouldn't waste a penny on betting against relegation, we need to ship Lennon and his goons out, then kick on in league 1 next season, shift the shit and start the kids.

102What now for Lennon? - Page 6 Empty Re: What now for Lennon? Sun Mar 06 2016, 13:50

JAH

JAH
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Deno was a shit manager! Ask the Aldershot supporters. We don't want him anywhere near the 1st team!

103What now for Lennon? - Page 6 Empty Re: What now for Lennon? Sun Mar 06 2016, 13:58

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Is it me or was there no press release or post match interview? Didn't see anything on the FLS or goals progs.

Must be something going on.

104What now for Lennon? - Page 6 Empty Re: What now for Lennon? Sun Mar 06 2016, 14:04

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Dobbie, Heskey, Danns, Feeney and Wheater - the only players out of contract in the summer.

If we are stuck with the rest surely now is the time to start experimenting with a team that will be our future?

Problem is, of these only Feeney is playing regularly and under Lennon's system we are highly dependent on him.

105What now for Lennon? - Page 6 Empty Re: What now for Lennon? Sun Mar 06 2016, 14:17

JAH

JAH
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

We've been guilty of hanging on to Lennon when we should've sacked him. We haven't got any cash so he wouldn't get a pay out from us. There are plenty of managers in this division getting more out of their players than Lennon has done. Ffs he was more concerned about getting his knob serviced for the first half of the season!

106What now for Lennon? - Page 6 Empty Re: What now for Lennon? Sun Mar 06 2016, 14:19

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Never go back.

We don't want Brown.

107What now for Lennon? - Page 6 Empty Re: What now for Lennon? Sun Mar 06 2016, 14:25

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

JAH wrote:We've been guilty of hanging on to Lennon when we should've sacked him. We haven't got any cash so he wouldn't get a pay out from us. 
That isn't true. Having no cash doesn't get rid of the debt.
Especially when there is a stadium that can be sold to pay it off.

I assume all the players who aren't out of contract will be put up for sale in the summer, but obviously nobody will be prepared to pay their ridiculous wages so whoever manages will be stuck with them.

108What now for Lennon? - Page 6 Empty Re: What now for Lennon? Sun Mar 06 2016, 17:31

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Five wins and we'll be playing Aston Villa next season.

109What now for Lennon? - Page 6 Empty Re: What now for Lennon? Sun Mar 06 2016, 17:33

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

scottjames30 wrote:Five wins and we'll be playing Aston Villa next season.
Who is picking up Messi at the station tomorrow?

110What now for Lennon? - Page 6 Empty Re: What now for Lennon? Mon Mar 07 2016, 14:18

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He's quit

111What now for Lennon? - Page 6 Empty Re: What now for Lennon? Mon Mar 07 2016, 14:30

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:He's quit
Lennon?

112What now for Lennon? - Page 6 Empty Re: What now for Lennon? Thu Mar 10 2016, 21:05

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Going off Holdsworths radio interview, sounds like Lennon is on his way, he was non commital when questioned about his future, only to say today is not the day for talking about the manager.

113What now for Lennon? - Page 6 Empty Re: What now for Lennon? Thu Mar 10 2016, 22:23

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

MartinBWFC wrote:Going off Holdsworths radio interview, sounds like Lennon is on his way, he was non commital when questioned about his future, only to say today is not the day for talking about the manager.

Did you actually listen to the radio interview yourself or have you just repeated someone's post from ww?

When asked "is he (Lennon) still the manager" Holdworth replied "he's still the manager, of course he is".

That doesn't sound that he will be out the door before then end of the season to me.

For those who want to hear the full 5 minute interview and make their own minds up, rather than rely on someone elses gossip -

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

114What now for Lennon? - Page 6 Empty Re: What now for Lennon? Thu Mar 10 2016, 22:30

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

From the interview it's clear as day that he will be sacking Lennon.

115What now for Lennon? - Page 6 Empty Re: What now for Lennon? Thu Mar 10 2016, 22:32

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Sluffy wrote:
MartinBWFC wrote:Going off Holdsworths radio interview, sounds like Lennon is on his way, he was non commital when questioned about his future, only to say today is not the day for talking about the manager.

Did you actually listen to the radio interview yourself or have you just repeated someone's post from ww?

When asked "is he (Lennon) still the manager" Holdworth replied "he's still the manager, of course he is".

That doesn't sound that he will be out the door before then end of the season to me.

For those who want to hear the full 5 minute interview and make their own minds up, rather than rely on someone elses gossip -

You're taking the piss, as usual, where in my post did I say he'd be gone anytime soon? my point stands, he was non commital, and that says to me he's a dead man walking, stop fucking nit picking.

116What now for Lennon? - Page 6 Empty Re: What now for Lennon? Thu Mar 10 2016, 22:45

Holdsworth certainly seems to believe he's bought a business with a lot of potential. International arena, wants to be a hands on CEO, nearly referred to Rob Holding as an asset... 

One things for certain we're going to be hearing a lot more from Deano over the next 6 months than we did from Davies throughout his ownership.

Non committal on Lennon and similarly over tying down the kids to long term contracts I thought. He's got big plans, suppose it now comes down to whether he's delusional or not.

117What now for Lennon? - Page 6 Empty Re: What now for Lennon? Thu Mar 10 2016, 22:51

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

MartinBWFC wrote:
Sluffy wrote:

You're taking the piss, as usual, where in my post did I say he'd be gone anytime soon? my point stands, he was non commital, and that says to me he's a dead man walking, stop fucking nit picking.

Err - this bit obviously!

MartinBWFC wrote:Going off Holdsworths radio interview, sounds like Lennon is on his way...

Or did you mean like on his way in two or three years time perhaps?

118What now for Lennon? - Page 6 Empty Re: What now for Lennon? Thu Mar 10 2016, 22:54

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Sluffy wrote:
MartinBWFC wrote:
Sluffy wrote:

Err - this bit obviously!

MartinBWFC wrote:Going off Holdsworths radio interview, sounds like Lennon is on his way...

Or did you mean like on his way in two or three years time perhaps?
And where exactly did I say when? you're just being fucking petty for the sake of it, stop your fucking big I am shit.

119What now for Lennon? - Page 6 Empty Re: What now for Lennon? Thu Mar 10 2016, 22:57

Holdsworth's point that Lennon has a good squad seemed pointed to me, I could be reading too much into it but from that interview I don't think he wanted to commit either way on Lennon yet. Can't realistically see him getting anybody in before the end of the season, whether he wants to or not.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum