Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Lennon defends standards his after Gary Madine row

+4
Hip Priest
Norpig
xmiles
karlypants
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Under-pressure Neil Lennon has defended his decision to axe Gary Madine from his squad on Tuesday night.

The Wanderers boss has instigated disciplinary measures against the striker after an exchange of words in the aftermath of Saturday’s 1-1 draw against QPR.

Madine was excluded from the group that lost 1-0 at Birmingham City to slip further behind in the relegation battle and was asked to train with the academy players.

Lennon’s lack of attacking options were highlighted in a game that saw the Whites register just one shot on target and the manager admitted it was “possible” the 25-year-old could make a comeback in this weekend’s game against Burnley.

But with the manager still sore over the issue, Madine may be asked to apologise before he is brought back into the first-team fold.

“I am very disappointed because it is not what I need right now,” Lennon told The Bolton News. “But there are standards that you have to set as a manager.

“I am fair with the players and I have let instances go in the past but I couldn’t let this one go.

“I have stuck by all the players. I praise them when they do well and, very rarely, I criticise them when they don’t do as well, as I should. I think in the main I treat my players as best as anyone would.

“I feel very let down.”

Dorian Dervite had scans yesterday on a knee problem which are expected to show ligament damage that could keep the Frenchman out for a month or more.

Dervite has had to manage his training in the last few weeks as the knee injury flared up but limped off in the first half at St Andrew’s after the home side went ahead.

David Wheater is still on the road to recovery after a hamstring tear, which leaves Rob Holding and Derik Osede as the most likely pairing to face Burnley this weekend.

Wanderers will definitely be without Ben Amos, with Lennon confirming his number one goalkeeper will miss between three to six weeks with ankle ligament damage.

Lennon asked the Football League if he could bring in a goalkeeper on an emergency loan but was rejected as the club is still under a complete transfer embargo for failing to submit their accounts to FFP regulators.

Checks will be also made on Emile Heskey, who missed the Birmingham City game with a hip injury.

Source

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

karlypants wrote:

Lennon asked the Football League if he could bring in a goalkeeper on an emergency loan but was rejected as the club is still under a complete transfer embargo for failing to submit their accounts to FFP regulators.

Source

Lennon can be blamed for a lot of things but the real reason we are in the mess we are in now is down to financial incompetence. And now that we have paid our respects to Gartside's family it is time to admit that he played a leading part in this fiasco.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

spot on xmiles  :clap:

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

My sentiments entirely.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If Madine does figure tomorrow, what kind of reception do you think he will get? He's hardly been that popular so far so i guess it could get nasty

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:If Madine does figure tomorrow, what kind of reception do you think he will get? He's hardly been that popular so far so i guess it could get nasty

Best way to win us over is score goals. So yeah I'm expecting him to get egged

Well it's all supposedly resolved now, so expect Madine to start.

If his apology was sincere and he genuinely wants to prove he's committed to the cause, I would expect him to pull his tripe out tomorrow and give it 100%.

Sadly, I suspect he's just a gobby twat who isn't bright enough to have worked out that, with his track record (violent thug who's shit at football), he very, very lucky even to still be at the club, earning thousands of pounds a week for doing cock all.

'Kin hell, nobody else would employ the useless twat and he should be thankful that our precarious financial position meant that we couldn't sign any proper players, so he got a shot with us.

I suspect that he's so thick and arrogant, he will simply carry on in the same vein we've seen from day one: Bad attitude, limited ability, massive ego, very few goals.

Utterly dogshit wanker.

sorry but madine maybe a twat, but lennon is worse.  how can he demand respect when he is a two timing twat he uses staying away with the team to shag anything that moves.  fuck off lennon and put madine in as manager (not player/manager) and everyone will be scared shitless of getting knocked out if they don't play well!

Diadora

Diadora
David Ngog
David Ngog

I lost patience with Madine a long time ago his attitude stinks and you can see it every time he plays and to be fair he is utter garbage, I liked Lennon not sure any more would love it to work out for him but just cant see it He's had to put up with a lot off the field with ED and Co but I cant help feel its over for him.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Well Lennon knew (or should have known) at the time of purchase that Madine has several criminal convictions.
It's a bit like adopting a dog that you know isn't house trained and complaining when it shits all over the carpet.
There's a reason he came so cheap, and it's not just the fact that he's yet to cut it at this level.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Totally agree with xmiles. Doffcocker, you can't blame Lennon for Madine's behavior or the fact the twerp was all we could afford then (or not given the situation now). Madine should have realised this was his last real chance to shine at a higher level and he blew it.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

luckyPeterpiper wrote:Totally agree with xmiles. Doffcocker, you can't blame Lennon for Madine's behavior or the fact the twerp was all we could afford then (or not given the situation now). Madine should have realised this was his last real chance to shine at a higher level and he blew it.

Completely agree, I don't think anybody has been as sympathetic as myself regarding all the crap Lennon has had to make do with. Was just remarking that Madine was always a gamble.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum