Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Wanderers winger Feeney linked with Ipswich Town loan move

+5
Hipster_Nebula
Norpig
Natasha Whittam
Boggersbelief
Sluffy
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I expect anyone who's paid any substantial, and by that I mean over 2k a week to leave. 

I simply don't believe this "ownership" group has the funds to run a football club to anything like the level thats needed for league one/two success.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:I expect anyone who's paid any substantial, and by that I mean over 2k a week to leave. 

I simply don't believe this "ownership" group has the funds to run a football club to anything like the level thats needed for league one/two success.

Must be why the football league approved their bid then.

Chairmanda

Chairmanda
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Hipster_Nebula wrote:I expect anyone who's paid any substantial, and by that I mean over 2k a week to leave. 

Although that may be an aim, HN, if they are on contract at Bolton, and are only being offered a fifth of what they currently earn elsewhere, don't think it will be all that easy to shift all of them.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Chairmanda wrote:

Although that may be an aim, HN, if they are on contract at Bolton, and are only being offered a fifth of what they currently earn elsewhere, don't think it will be all that easy to shift all of them.
...and that's the point I'm trying to make - it won't be easy to get them out of the club.

Unfortunately, the 9 senior players who are contracted to Summer 2017 and beyond (excluding Madine and Clough who are also in contract) have a combined wage of £5.85 million per annum - basically half the club's current running costs going to just 9 players.
Still we live in hope.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:
Chairmanda wrote:

...and that's the point I'm trying to make - it won't be easy to get them out of the club.

Unfortunately, the 9 senior players who are contracted to Summer 2017 and beyond (excluding Madine and Clough who are also in contract) have a combined wage of £5.85 million per annum - basically half the club's current running costs going to just 9 players.
Still we live in hope.

Still haven't told us how you know that information is correct.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:

can you name those 15-20 axed youth players and tell me if any were unfairly axed, or was it just because they were shit? What are we supposed to play anyone and everyone?

Only Riley, Joe McKee (who is doing well at Greenock) and one or two others were probably worth keeping with the benefit of hindsight. Dougie did most of the clearing out so he must have predicted the future.

Not sure Holding would necessarily see it that way though.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

So two of the 15-20 axed players moved to lower league clubs and the rest are pissing about in Sunday league? I rest my case

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Boggersbelief wrote:So two of the 15-20 axed players moved to lower league clubs and the rest are pissing about in Sunday league? I rest my case
The numbers quoted came from multiple sources including some within the club itself boggers. I believe Deloitte's also confirmed them and that in most cases the players concerned do not have relegation clauses in their contracts. Whether those numbers are 100% accurate or not is of course dependent on certain still unknown factors such as is it their net pay or their total pay with things like win or goal bonuses included?

As to Holding and Woolery, no offence but loyalty in football only exists among the fans today not the players. They'll go to whomever offers them the most money and that's not likely to be us. 

As to your comment about the FL sanctioning the takeover, they did so with some of the most draconian conditions I've ever seen including monthly viewing of the books which suggests to me they are not confident that the takeover is sustainable. Add in that the new owners are already asking Liverpool to defer a piddling 100K because we can't select Spearing again without triggering a new debt that they can't even cover now and I think you can see why I and a few others are less than impressed with them. 

I hope I'm wrong, I really hope they turn out to be the best thing that's happened to BWFC since Big Sam left but I seriously can't see it at this time.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum