Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Jay Spearing told he can find another club as Wanderers cost-cutting begins

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Jay Spearing has been told he can find a new club after Wanderers refused to stump up a £100,000 contract clause on his next appearance.

The former club skipper – who trained as normal at the Macron yesterday – will be made available for loan until the end of the season after his former club Liverpool refused to waive the fee until the summer.

The request to delay the payment stands. And should the Premier League club relent, Spearing would be clear to play again this season.

Wanderers’ new ownership are looking to cut costs early and could send other senior players out on loan before the end of the season as they prepare for life in League One.

Interim manager Jimmy Phillips admitted yesterday: “I don’t think we will be seeing Jay Spearing in a Bolton shirt again this season.

Wanderers head to Bristol City this weekend looking for their first away win since last Easter.

Source

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Amazing to think of the fuss created when it looked like we wouldn't end up signing him permanently compared with the relief of getting him off the books only a few years later.

But yes it is good riddance.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We're stuck with him for another 15 months until Summer 2017 unless he can get a move but I think there's no chance.

I assume all the other high earners that are contracted for next season will also be told to look for another club?

However there's a huge difference between being allowed to leave and a club actually wanting these players on the salaries they are on.

I can't see Spearing or any of the others going anywhere until they have drained every last penny BWFC has to offer.

I'm pinning all my hopes on Anderson being able to utilise his extensive contacts network and undoubted skills as a negotiator to do what Trevor Robinson was brought in (unsuccessfully) to do.

Otherwise, we're stuffed.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

most of the deluded clowns we have now probably think they are too good for league 1 and will want a a move anyway i'm hoping (and praying). I think they need to realise that they won't ever see a wage like they get now again and just count their blessings and move on

You've sort of contradicted yourself there a bit, Mr P.

On the one hand we're relying on their collective arrogance to hopefully encourage them to move on, but on the other, you're suggesting that they must realise that they won't get what we're paying 'em anywhere else, which would suggest that they'll all tuck in and milk what they can before their contracts run down.

Let's hope deluded arrogance wins the day.  Very Happy

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Byeeeeeee.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:You've sort of contradicted yourself there a bit, Mr P.

On the one hand we're relying on their collective arrogance to hopefully encourage them to move on, but on the other, you're suggesting that they must realise that they won't get what we're paying 'em anywhere else, which would suggest that they'll all tuck in and milk what they can before their contracts run down.

Let's hope deluded arrogance wins the day.  Very Happy
i did kind of think that myself when i typed it to be honest Breaders, knowing modern footballers they would be happy sitting on their arse and claiming a big wage than move on

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum