Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Official: Peter Reid joins backroom staff for remainder of season

+7
FullofSprite
Hipster_Nebula
boltonbonce
Natasha Whittam
Norpig
MartinBWFC
karlypants
11 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Peter Reid has joined the backroom coaching staff at Bolton Wanderers for the remainder of the season.

Reid, who between 1974 and 1983 made a total of 257 appearances for the club as a player, will assist interim manager Jimmy Phillips and the first team coaching staff. 

Dean Holdsworth said: “We are delighted that Peter has agreed to come in and be part of the team for the rest of the season. Ken and I are very happy. 

“Peter’s experience, standards, drive and personality will without doubt give the club a lift.”

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by karlypants on Mon Mar 21 2016, 12:09; edited 1 time in total

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Not a bad move all things considered.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm quite happy with this as well, hopefully he may want to stay longer.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

good move by Deano i think, would like to see Julian Darby back as well

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster will be chuffed with this appointment. He loves a Bolton connection.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm starting to get a bit of a good feeling about this takeover but time will tell I guess. Very Happy

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:Hipster will be chuffed with this appointment. He loves a Bolton connection.
Laughing

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Can't understand the fact Walford and Parker are still on the books.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Good move.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Good, we need someone who knows his way around the place.

Welcome Reidy!

FullofSprite

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Good, we need someone who knows his way around the place.

Welcome Reidy!
He hasn't been at Bolton since his Burnden Park days. Has got a clue where the loos are never mind the pitch.

Knows his way round indeed! Laughing

FullofSprite

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

MartinBWFC wrote:Can't understand the fact Walford and Parker are still on the books.
Cause we'd have to pay them off and we ain't got the money together yet. Notice they weren't on the pitch for the training session yesterday.

Diadora

Diadora
David Ngog
David Ngog

Ok so we all know we are down or as good as  , so why bring someone in until the end of the season ? just does not make sense.
Unless they are warming him up for management next year in which case would you want Peter Reid as manager ? not sure I would

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Diadora wrote:Ok so we all know we are down or as good as  , so why bring someone in until the end of the season ? just does not make sense.
Unless they are warming him up for management next year in which case would you want Peter Reid as manager ? not sure I would
I'm guessing it's a suck it and see situation, if they do well from now then my thinking is they will get the gig next season, if not in comes Browny.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

John Byram and Neil Whatmore have also been hired to train the staff in 70's football styles. On the bright side Frankie Worthy has now in charge of entertainment bringing in the booze and hookers....so that's somat at least. Surprised

FullofSprite

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Diadora wrote:Ok so we all know we are down or as good as  , so why bring someone in until the end of the season ? just does not make sense.
JP needs someone to work with and needs an experienced hand. Obviously he doesn't want disgruntled employees like parker etal. and he can't do the coaching on his own. This bides the time until the summer, by which time we will know whether JP is up to the job.

I suspect he isn't, but then I don't think Brownie is either. However you have to give JP his chance if he wants it. With new Chief Exec and board his old job may not be as safe as it was under Phil Gartside and the old board. So he will have to think about going for this job and taking the opportunity.  

Once season is over I suspect Academy to be reduced and behind scenes admin / hotel jobs reduced as the club cut expenses. Can we afford to run the "Free School"? and employ the staff to run it etc. A lotof hard choices are going to have to be made

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Listening to the interview which was before the Bristol game, Reidy emphasised on several occasions that "the most important thing now" was to get a few wins/results.

I think he was brought in because prior to the game, they actually thought they might just keep us up.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

JP does not want the job permanently. He never has and has already stated he will never take it. He's happy to be a coach and to step into the breach as caretaker when necessary but he doesn't want the big chair. 

As to Peter Reid, yes, a club Legend and one of my boyhood heroes but I don't think he's the right man to manage us next season either. I'm not sure who should be appointed but suspect we'll have to look outside the usual list of former players and out of work managers that the media tend to bandy around in these situations. It's going to be a very tough job whomever takes it and I can't see us being anywhere but in the bottom four to six in L1 this time next year unless there's a radical change in playing personnel and finances.

FullofSprite

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

luckyPeterpiper wrote:JP does not want the job permanently. He never has and has already stated he will never take it. He's happy to be a coach and to step into the breach as caretaker when necessary but he doesn't want the big chair. 

As to Peter Reid, yes, a club Legend and one of my boyhood heroes but I don't think he's the right man to manage us next season either. I'm not sure who should be appointed but suspect we'll have to look outside the usual list of former players and out of work managers that the media tend to bandy around in these situations. It's going to be a very tough job whomever takes it and I can't see us being anywhere but in the bottom four to six in L1 this time next year unless there's a radical change in playing personnel and finances.
I agree 100%. Think we will be struggling next season unless there is an injection of money

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum