Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bristol City shocker is behind us, assures interim boss Jimmy Phillips

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Jimmy Phillips does not envisage any Ashton Gate hangovers when Wanderers next take the field against Reading.

The interim boss has been pleased by the reaction of his players since the embarrassing 6-0 defeat at Bristol City and has limited time off to a minimum through the international break.

Phillips feared that the team’s morale could be damaged significantly by last Saturday’s result but after keeping the focus on the training ground, he is happy with the results so far.

“I have not seen any visible signs of the result affecting them in training,” he told The Bolton News. “We’ve structured things slightly differently and we’re trying to drip feed ideas into them about the formation we want to play and I think they have responded well.

“Obviously because there isn’t a game this weekend things are going to be a little different. It gives us a chance to approach things a little more patiently and build up what we want to do nearer to the Reading match.

“It is the international break but we have worked hard. The players will have a weekend off and then get ready again next week because there are seven games to be played in April and they will have to be prepared for it.”

Phillips described the Bristol City defeat at the worst moment of his 28-year association with Wanderers but is now looking to draw a line under the result and prepare for next weekend’s visit of Reading.

Neither Phillips nor assistant Peter Reid has felt the need to call any more attention to the performance among the players – with their words in the dressing room after the final whistle saying all that needed to be said.

“When we spoke to the players after the game they knew full well how poor that performance had been,” he said.

“I didn’t need to go into any more detail with it. I want us to move on.

“We can’t affect what happened. We can only affect what will happen in future games so I think it’s absolutely vital that we put that result behind us now and make sure we are much, much better the next time we get out on the field.”

Wanderers have now left their Euxton training base for good and will spent the rest of the season working between Lostock and the stadium.

Next season it is hoped both the first team squad and academy will share the same base at Lostock.

Source

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I suspect that this is just a set of sound bites. He might look like a fool if Reading give them another pounding- which is quite likely.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum