Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Dwain Chambers Stuns BBC commentator.

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Excellent. I like stuff like this.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I have no time for Chambers. A failed Ben Johnson. Once a cheat always a cheat.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

They couldn't stop him running because of the legal ruling, so I have no doubt he will be flayed alive for this episode. Don't like him myself, but people have to understand he's all hyped up at this time, and thye mike shouldn't be anywhere near him..

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Drug cheats are drug cheats, pure and simple. They know the risks they are taking so I have no sympathy.

One of my abiding memories in the Olympics was watching Ben Johnson beating Karl Lewis. Once it became clear that Johnson had resorted to drugs to get him up to speed I felt cheated.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I remember that well, a complete let-down

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I can't remember the year but it was between 85 and 87. Lewis was a great sprinter but when the Canadian Johnson beat him with a new world record I just thought Johnson was an awesome athlete. When it came out that he had cheated I was absolutely gutted. Since then, I have never seen sporting heroes in the same light.

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

It was Seoul '88, the first Olympics I was old enough to watch properly and the one that converted me for life.

I remember Des Lynham in the studio being handed a piece of paper and his shock as he read out the news that Johnson had failed the drugs test.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I was in awe watching Bolt in Beijing, simply stunning.

What the Olympics is all about and why i love it.

I agree about the drug cheats, it hurts the sport and disillusions the fans and that includes young kids coming up.

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

For some reason all I can remember about Moscow '80 is Steve Ovett winning gold (I was nearly 3), and all I can remember about Los Angeles '84 is the man with the jet pack in the opening ceremony, Carl Lewis and Daley Thompson.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Miruts Yifter, Yifter the Shifter. If he had lived in the UK he would have been a national hero.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum