Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Out of contract players

+2
Norpig
wanderlust
6 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Out of contract players Empty Out of contract players Mon Apr 04 2016, 13:00

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Here's the list of players who are out of contract and are leaving at the end of the season:

Woolery
Holding 
Wheater 
Dobbie
Danns
Heskey 
Wellington Silva
Tom Eaves 
Hayden White
Ross Fitzsimmons
Robert Hall
Quade Taylor
Jon Ceberio
Jordan Lussey
Tom Walker
Liam Feeney
Campbell Young 
Wassi
Niall Maher

Of those, the high earners are obviously history, but it would be nice to resign some of the youngsters e.g. Holding, Maher etc - but we'd be unlikely to be able to compete financially for their contracts.

There are some who people seem to think would form part of the "rebuilding programme" but I suspect these are all on their way out.

Is there a case for resigning any of them? Or is it simply a fact of life that we'll just have to accept losing them as the money is needed to pay for the remaining massive contracts we are stuck with for another year or two?

2Out of contract players Empty Re: Out of contract players Mon Apr 04 2016, 13:09

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Is Oscar Threlkeld's contract up at the end of June too? Couldn't find a reference for it so anyone know?

Ditto Jamie Thomas, Alex Samizadeh, Alex Finney, George Newell and Campbell - anyone know?

3Out of contract players Empty Re: Out of contract players Mon Apr 04 2016, 13:14

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i read somewhere that we have an option to extend Holdings contract automatically so i would guess a few of the younger players under 24 will have similar so the likes of Woolery, Walker, Taylor and Maher could stay. I'm hoping Threlkeld is still under contract as he seems to be doing very well out on loan and can play full back or defensive mid where he has been playing this season.

i wouldn't keep any of the others unless they agreed to a significant drop in wages which is highly unlikely

4Out of contract players Empty Re: Out of contract players Mon Apr 04 2016, 13:44

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:i read somewhere that we have an option to extend Holdings contract automatically so i would guess a few of the younger players under 24 will have similar so the likes of Woolery, Walker, Taylor and Maher could stay. 

I don't think this is true and the article in the news section does nothing to change that view. I do know we'd be entitled to a development fee for the younger ones if somebody else signs them, but that's not the same as having first dibs.

I believe we are going to have to compete for all and any contracts we want, and of course we are not in any financial position to do that - especially as we have to find £6 or £7 million next year to pay:

Spearing
Amos
Moxey
Dervite
Vela
Clough 
Clayton
Madine
Mavies
Derik
Pratley
Pisano (may be able to find another loan for him)
Wilson
Twardzik
Wilko (probably another loan)
plus Threlkeld, Thomas etc if they are still with us.

All these players are with us for at least another year so to cover their wages is going to be THE major challenge.
Therefore I'd be surprised if there was anything left with which to compete for contract renewals.

I also think these guys will form the basis of next year's team. If we are having to pay them, might as well play them and give us a chance of getting back into the championship at the first attempt.

5Out of contract players Empty Re: Out of contract players Mon Apr 04 2016, 13:53

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

found this Lusty, i knew i hadn't imagined it  Very Happy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

6Out of contract players Empty Re: Out of contract players Mon Apr 04 2016, 14:11

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:found this Lusty, i knew i hadn't imagined it  Very Happy

Ta Mr Pig. Hadn't noticed the extension clause thing. Shame it doesn't provide more detail of length, terms etc.(options)

So apart from Holding, would you "extend" any others - assuming there is an option to do so?

Personally I'd keep the kids and sack off the rest including Eaves, Hall and White but it will all come down to the cost of senior wages.

7Out of contract players Empty Re: Out of contract players Mon Apr 04 2016, 14:19

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's a one year extension.

8Out of contract players Empty Re: Out of contract players Mon Apr 04 2016, 14:20

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:
Norpig wrote:found this Lusty, i knew i hadn't imagined it  Very Happy

Ta Mr Pig. Hadn't noticed the extension clause thing. Shame it doesn't provide more detail of length, terms etc.(options)

So apart from Holding, would you "extend" any others - assuming there is an option to do so?

Personally I'd keep the kids and sack off the rest including Eaves, Hall and White but it will all come down to the cost of senior wages.

Why would you sack white off?

9Out of contract players Empty Re: Out of contract players Mon Apr 04 2016, 14:40

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i would keep White. Maher, Taylor, Walker and Woolery if possible, the rest of the younger players can go as they haven't even been near the first team. Surely Twardsik must be due a game soon?

As for the senior players like Danns, Dobbie and Heskey, let them all go

10Out of contract players Empty Re: Out of contract players Mon Apr 04 2016, 15:23

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'd get rid of the whole lot of 'em, absolutely fucking useless.

Not a single player on that list has excelled this season. Fuck 'em.

We need a clean sweep after this disastrous season, why on earth would we keep these fuckwits on?

11Out of contract players Empty Re: Out of contract players Mon Apr 04 2016, 15:31

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

we have to have some players Nat even if they are shit. We can't do a Blackpool and only have a few players on the books over summer.

12Out of contract players Empty Re: Out of contract players Mon Apr 04 2016, 15:33

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:we have to have some players Nat even if they are shit. We can't do a Blackpool and only have a few players on the books over summer.

I could go out onto Adlington Rec on Sunday morning and find 20 blokes no worse than the shite listed above, and they'd play for nowt.

13Out of contract players Empty Re: Out of contract players Mon Apr 04 2016, 15:51

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:I'd get rid of the whole lot of 'em, absolutely fucking useless.

Not a single player on that list has excelled this season. Fuck 'em.

We need a clean sweep after this disastrous season, why on earth would we keep these fuckwits on?
Here's an idea, we should raid Chorley for their entire first XI, and send our ponces the other way.

14Out of contract players Empty Re: Out of contract players Mon Apr 04 2016, 16:06

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

MartinBWFC wrote:
Here's an idea, we should raid Chorley for their entire first XI, and send our ponces the other way.

Chorley wouldn't accept the Bolton ponces.

15Out of contract players Empty Re: Out of contract players Mon Apr 04 2016, 16:12

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

perhaps we should just pinch the Manager then?

16Out of contract players Empty Re: Out of contract players Mon Apr 04 2016, 16:23

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's going to be all about the money if what we've heard is true, in which case it makes sense to hang on to the kids if we can, if only because they earn less and somebody has to play.

I just think that the cost of the senior players we are stuck with will limit our ability to retain the younger players we need to develop.

It could go completely the other way though. The high earners might remember why they were paid so much next season and get us promoted just in time for the majority of their contracts to run out.

Cheapest option for BWFC right now? Re-sign the ones we want and put out hit contracts on Spearing and the other 10 or so that will be on Premiership wages next season. Sure you could get Spearing whacked for about £10k so disappearing the lot wouldn't cost more than a week's wages - leaving Deano with a workable business plan, a blank canvas and a minimal wage bill next year.
Wonder if he's considered it?

17Out of contract players Empty Re: Out of contract players Mon Apr 04 2016, 20:54

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

We are stuck at the moment.... have to play our high earners next season and the kids are not good enough except for here and there off the subs bench.  The almighty Clough is not as good as advertised so no savior there I'm afraid. Mavies finally played quite a few games and proved to be invisible for the most part. Obviously Heskey should never have been signed again. Our best player overall in the season was Feeny and with are shut of him....so what's left......    
All this because we sold the club to people with no money...I'm still baffled by it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum