Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The National

+9
doffcocker
Fabians Right Peg
Boggersbelief
wanderlust
Reebok Trotter
Bwfc1958
Norpig
Natasha Whittam
MartinBWFC
13 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1The National Empty The National Fri Apr 08 2016, 10:06

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Who's going to win? I am going for the last Samuri, just need somebody with knowledge to give me some more tips.

2The National Empty Re: The National Fri Apr 08 2016, 10:07

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

MartinBWFC wrote:Who's going to win? I am going for the last Samuri, just need somebody with knowledge to give me some more tips.

You'll need to narrow it down, everyone has more knowledge than you.

3The National Empty Re: The National Fri Apr 08 2016, 10:09

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

just do what Mrs Pig is planning on doing, betting on most of them  Very Happy

not studied the horses yet but the horse Ruby Walsh is riding - Sir De Champs i think, is worth an each way bet according to AP McCoy.

4The National Empty Re: The National Fri Apr 08 2016, 10:16

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

It all goes up in the air in the grand national. Literally anyone can win. There's no such thing as a sure thing. I generally just go with whatever my gut tells me and the horses I've picked for the last four nationals have all placed. I haven't even had a look yet but I'll be going with the same tactic again.

5The National Empty Re: The National Fri Apr 08 2016, 10:25

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm having three, all each way. Silviniaco Conti, The Druids Nephew and Double Ross.

6The National Empty Re: The National Fri Apr 08 2016, 11:03

Anything can happen in the National, but think Saint Are has a good chance.

7The National Empty Re: The National Fri Apr 08 2016, 16:45

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It was the Topham Chase over the National course this afternoon - basically a shorter version for the also rans. The top 40 in the handicap run in the National and the residue run in the Topham.

So, favourite for the Topham was the horse that just missed out on a National place - 41st in the Handicap and it fell at the first fence - proving that anything can happen over this course and it's an absolute lottery.

8The National Empty Re: The National Fri Apr 08 2016, 17:04

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I won't be partaking in such a cruel event

9The National Empty Re: The National Fri Apr 08 2016, 19:37

Boggersbelief wrote:I won't be partaking in such a cruel event

It's a bit late now anyway because the runners were declared by the BHA at 3pm yesterday so you couldn't partake even if you wanted to.

Sorry.

10The National Empty Re: The National Fri Apr 08 2016, 19:48

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote:I won't be partaking in such a cruel event

It's a bit late now anyway because the runners were declared by the BHA at 3pm yesterday so you couldn't partake even if you wanted to.

Sorry.

I'd have said the same thing regardless.

Sorry

11The National Empty Re: The National Fri Apr 08 2016, 20:03

Have you got your own horse then.....?

Kept that quiet.

12The National Empty Re: The National Fri Apr 08 2016, 20:28

Fabians Right Peg

Fabians Right Peg
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

the wife has just backed 8 horses, I will list them so you guys can rule them out as she never wins. Laughing

13The National Empty Re: The National Sat Apr 09 2016, 00:39

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I've always had shit luck on the national, then last year I had put £1 each way on three out of the top four.

I suspect normal service will resume tomorrow mind.

14The National Empty Re: The National Sat Apr 09 2016, 00:49

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Don't even know what's running yet but I'll do what I always do. Buy the paper in the morning and study the form and expert's tips for about 4 hours and then nip down to the bookies. I'll back about 10 of the buggers,each way,up and down and back to front. Then I'll sit down and watch the race confident that I will at least get my money back and have plenty of interest in the race. About 8 fences from home none of my horses will be in contention and the only mention they will have had is when they fell, unseated their rider, tailed off or took the wrong turn and ran round a different course. I can then be heard loudly grumbling to anyone that will listen that this is the last time I will spend my hard earned money betting on this absolute fucking lottery of a race.

15The National Empty Re: The National Sat Apr 09 2016, 10:53

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm backing two, each way.

Unioniste & Buywise

16The National Empty Re: The National Sat Apr 09 2016, 11:18

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958

I've got Goonyella,  Rocky Creek, The Last Samuri, Holywell, Rule The World and The Druids Nephew. 

Goonyella was picked by my 3 year old and Rule The World by my 9 year old.

17The National Empty Re: The National Sat Apr 09 2016, 13:02

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Mrs Pig has picked about 10-12 horses  Very Happy

18The National Empty Re: The National Sat Apr 09 2016, 17:38

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958 wrote:I've got Goonyella,  Rocky Creek, The Last Samuri, Holywell, Rule The World and The Druids Nephew. 

Goonyella was picked by my 3 year old and Rule The World by my 9 year old.
::dance:: ::dance::

19The National Empty Re: The National Sat Apr 09 2016, 23:09

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Well done mate, I'm pleased for you although I do hope you got your kids something extra special out of your winnings - they certainly deserve it!

20The National Empty Re: The National Sun Apr 10 2016, 00:35

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Hip Priest wrote:Don't even know what's running yet but I'll do what I always do. Buy the paper in the morning and study the form and expert's tips for about 4 hours and then nip down to the bookies. I'll back about 10 of the buggers,each way,up and down and back to front. Then I'll sit down and watch the race confident that I will at least get my money back and have plenty of interest in the race. About 8 fences from home none of my horses will be in contention and the only mention they will have had is when they fell, unseated their rider, tailed off or took the wrong turn and ran round a different course. I can then be heard loudly grumbling to anyone that will listen that this is the last time I will spend my hard earned money betting on this absolute fucking lottery of a race.

Yep,that's exactly how it went. Mad

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum