Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Trucker on his cell phone

+2
Reebok Trotter
Angry Dad
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Trucker on his cell phone Empty Trucker on his cell phone Tue Jun 26 2012, 03:23

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Today I have seen the most horrific incident. I was driving on us 27 toward Haines city when the light went red. A huge truck stopped and two cars with families in them stopped behind the truck, another huge truck behind them with the driver apparently texting did not stop and went straight into the cars crushing them to nothing against the truck in front . Nothing can describe the horror and sight at the scene people inc kids wiped out in a few seconds. The trucker in shock in handcuffs sheets over bodies and all in a built up area outside Denny,s. we had to leave our car there as they shut the road. I can't believe how the cars were crushed to nothing and one completely driven over by the truck. Driving and using a phone seems common here,this was a man but I have to say its mostly women we see doing it and plenty of them. I feel sick right now and can't get my head round it. Fucking mobile phones.

2Trucker on his cell phone Empty Re: Trucker on his cell phone Tue Jun 26 2012, 06:28

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

What a terrible thing to witness. I hope you and your family are alright.

3Trucker on his cell phone Empty Re: Trucker on his cell phone Tue Jun 26 2012, 13:44

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Reebok Trotter wrote:What a terrible thing to witness. I hope you and your family are alright.
Thanks RT been feeling strange since yesterday. Wondering if these families were going to Disney or just shopping or visiting relatives , one vehicle was a soft top jeep flattened. The car probably16 feet long reduced to what looked like about 5 feet ,fire crew huddled together holding their coats open to shield the bodies from view. Ghouls using mobiles to take photos .Took from 1pm. 8pm to open the road . This has put my life into perspective.

4Trucker on his cell phone Empty Re: Trucker on his cell phone Tue Jun 26 2012, 15:45

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Horrible thing to witness, and what gets you is the suddenness, and finality, of it all,

5Trucker on his cell phone Empty Re: Trucker on his cell phone Tue Jun 26 2012, 16:03

Bolton Nuts

Admin

That's a horrid thing to witness. Where were you at the time. I bet you are glad you were not a couple of lanes over. It's a terrible tragedy for the families involved and the truck driver who I imagine will feel like killing himself. How could you live with it?
Anyhow, glad to hear you are safe - keep strong man.

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

6Trucker on his cell phone Empty Re: Trucker on his cell phone Tue Jun 26 2012, 19:47

Dunkels King

Dunkels King
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

There are pictures of the crash up on the local (Tampa area) news websites. Unbelievable destruction, however, amazingly (albeit still tragic) only one person was killed in the crash. I can't get my head around anyone in those vehicles could have survived, but like it says on the website, only one died !

7Trucker on his cell phone Empty Re: Trucker on his cell phone Tue Jun 26 2012, 21:35

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Story here -

Trucker on his cell phone T0625-hainescrash-01

http://www2.tbo.com/news/breaking-news/2012/jun/26/five-vehicle-crash-leaves-brandon-man-dead-in-hain-ar-420589/

Angry Dad.

Don't know what you and your family actually saw - I don't want to know to be honest - but if it was really bad you/they might need a bit of trauma counselling.

You might want to report it to your travel insurance just in case.

The mind is a funny way of coping sometimes on things like this - nothing to feel ashamed or embarrassed about.

8Trucker on his cell phone Empty Re: Trucker on his cell phone Wed Jun 27 2012, 00:01

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Dunkels King wrote:There are pictures of the crash up on the local (Tampa area) news websites. Unbelievable destruction, however, amazingly (albeit still tragic) only one person was killed in the crash. I can't get my head around anyone in those vehicles could have survived, but like it says on the website, only one died !
we were in the lane next to it. The thing is a little girl walked out of it and we were told by cops to not look as their were child fatalities so I don't know what went down how they got out .I did unfortunately see,the covered body of the poor jeep driver he was rammed first and smashed into the silver car in front but the awful thing is he was cut out from the silver saloon so he gone right through his jeep and embedded deep into the car in front and it was hours separating him from the wreck. Those fire crew have a shit job.

9Trucker on his cell phone Empty Re: Trucker on his cell phone Wed Jun 27 2012, 00:49

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Sluffy wrote:Story here -

Trucker on his cell phone T0625-hainescrash-01

http://www2.tbo.com/news/breaking-news/2012/jun/26/five-vehicle-crash-leaves-brandon-man-dead-in-hain-ar-420589/

Angry Dad.

Don't know what you and your family actually saw - I don't want to know to be honest - but if it was really bad you/they might need a bit of trauma counselling.

You might want to report it to your travel insurance just in case.

The mind is a funny way of coping sometimes on things like this - nothing to feel ashamed or embarrassed about.
Bodies were stretchered to ambulances assumed dead by everyone,so it's great to here there were survivors, but awful news for that guys family. Coming back today 6.15pm flight back thursday early.will need a holiday after this.

10Trucker on his cell phone Empty Re: Trucker on his cell phone Wed Jun 27 2012, 00:57

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Biggie wrote:That's a horrid thing to witness. Where were you at the time. I bet you are glad you were not a couple of lanes over. It's a terrible tragedy for the families involved and the truck driver who I imagine will feel like killing himself. How could you live with it?
Anyhow, glad to hear you are safe - keep strong man.
We are ok Biggie just finding it difficult a man can be wiped out like that ,just ceasing to exist through some stupid bastard on a mobile. The wife keeps saying it could have been us.

11Trucker on his cell phone Empty Re: Trucker on his cell phone Wed Jun 27 2012, 09:14

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

AD, if it helps, keep talking to us. It'll be a while before the details fade, but they will, eventually

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum