Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

They're Not All Ponces

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1They're Not All Ponces Empty They're Not All Ponces Tue Apr 12 2016, 13:07

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

In a football world full of overpaid ponces (especially in Bolton), I find this story about John Terry quite heart-warming.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cambridgeshire-36014630

He paid all the funeral costs for a little boy aged 8, a Chelsea fan who recently died of leukaemia.

Ok, it was only around £1600, Terry probably earned that in the time it's taken me to write this post, but it's the fact he bothered to do it at all that makes me think the guy is ok. The only reason it's got into the media is because the family released the story - so clearly it wasn't a publicity stunt.

Is Terry a rare breed, or have I been too harsh labelling all footballers ponces?

2They're Not All Ponces Empty Re: They're Not All Ponces Tue Apr 12 2016, 13:13

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

A wonderful gesture from Terry. Still detestable though.

3They're Not All Ponces Empty Re: They're Not All Ponces Tue Apr 12 2016, 15:59

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

My brother-in-law was in London at the weekend, with his three young sons. They met John Terry in an underground car-park, and asked if he would pose for a photo, to which he agreed. Apparently he was very charming and good with the young boys, (oldest was 9). He asked if the club had three new supporters, to which the reply was' no chance, our team's West Ham, and were off to the game now'. They all had a laugh, and went on their way. Seems he was a gent. (not a bit like I thought he was/is)

4They're Not All Ponces Empty Re: They're Not All Ponces Tue Apr 12 2016, 22:14

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i did like him until that Champions league final when he couldn't play but couldn't get his trackie off quick enough at the final whistle to pick up the trophy, seems like a very nice gesture though

5They're Not All Ponces Empty Re: They're Not All Ponces Wed Apr 13 2016, 16:16

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It just shows how we've been shit on at BWFC when we're praising John Terry.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum