Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 1-2 Middlesbrough

+16
doffcocker
gloswhite
Fabians Right Peg
finlaymcdanger
MartinBWFC
Bwfc1958
Boggersbelief
Hipster_Nebula
Copper Dragon
Norpig
Natasha Whittam
Jack Russell
terenceanne
Numpty 28723
rammywhite
karlypants
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

41Bolton 1-2 Middlesbrough - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 Middlesbrough Sat 16 Apr - 15:29

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I really wanted us to win today even though it counts for sod all now.

Boro fans are fucking painful. A couple seasons ago when they were midtable, about 200 would have turned up to this match but of course they filled the South Stand today and were a major irritant before, during and after the game.

As for the performance, yes, they're top of the league but let's not forget they lost at Charlton, Bristol and Rotherham (against 10 men) and only drew at MK Dons. We clearly weren't up against owt special and as usual we've created very little and thrown it away right at the end.

42Bolton 1-2 Middlesbrough - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 Middlesbrough Sat 16 Apr - 15:35

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

We were doing ok, until we started falling back to protect the draw. before then we were in their face, closing them down, half way up the park. Didn't lose by as many as I thought we would. Have to agree with you Doffer, Boro were nothing special by any means.

43Bolton 1-2 Middlesbrough - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 Middlesbrough Sat 16 Apr - 15:41

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:I really wanted us to win today even though it counts for sod all now.

Boro fans are fucking painful. A couple seasons ago when they were midtable, about 200 would have turned up to this match but of course they filled the South Stand today and were a major irritant before, during and after the game.

As for the performance, yes, they're top of the league but let's not forget they lost at Charlton, Bristol and Rotherham (against 10 men) and only drew at MK Dons. We clearly weren't up against owt special and as usual we've created very little and thrown it away right at the end.

Fuck off and support someone else you bellend.

We gave TOP OF THE LEAGUE a game for 70 minutes. If we'd played like that all season we wouldn't be heading for League 1.

I seriously think we have the worst fans on the planet.

44Bolton 1-2 Middlesbrough - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 Middlesbrough Sat 16 Apr - 15:41

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I've been saying the same for a decade nat and getting slagged for it.

45Bolton 1-2 Middlesbrough - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 Middlesbrough Sat 16 Apr - 15:54

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

There are some who like to moan. There was a bloke at Bristol City who was shouting and abusing the players for the full 90 minutes. he was a fucking pain.
On here, I think the expectations can be too high, and nobody likes to see their team underperform. its just frustration.
Oddly enough, I'm beginning to feel a little more positive, and don't really know why, as all I've done is watch the youngsters on tv today, and read Ken Andersons comments.

46Bolton 1-2 Middlesbrough - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 Middlesbrough Sat 16 Apr - 16:02

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

There is no reason we can't be a force next season with a few astute signings. We aren't going to be playing the likes of Middlesbrough and their £5m+ players.

People should quit moaning and get behind the team.

Fuckwits.

47Bolton 1-2 Middlesbrough - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 Middlesbrough Sat 16 Apr - 16:03

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

no idea why we started with Heskey, he was hopeless as usual and how much overweight is he? Then that was followed by the worst substitution i've seen in a long time, Trotter upfront for Heskey  Rolling Eyes

The performance was better than recent games but yet again as soon as the injury time board goes up we concede. Boro were poor today and won, bit like Burnley a few weeks ago

We need a new manager in place now, because Phillips and Reid aren't up to the job, the substitution made that painfully obvious

48Bolton 1-2 Middlesbrough - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 Middlesbrough Sat 16 Apr - 16:06

Fabians Right Peg

Fabians Right Peg
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:There is no reason we can't be a force next season with a few astute signings. We aren't going to be playing the likes of Middlesbrough and their £5m+ players.

People should quit moaning and get behind the team.

Fuckwits.

Perhaps you should clarify that, get behind the team so long as they are not happy clapping?

it was only last week you where having a go at fans who in your opinion over do it with the support.

49Bolton 1-2 Middlesbrough - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 Middlesbrough Sat 16 Apr - 16:10

Norpig wrote:no idea why we started with Heskey, he was hopeless as usual and how much overweight is he? Then that was followed by the worst substitution i've seen in a long time, Trotter upfront for Heskey  Rolling Eyes

The performance was better than recent games but yet again as soon as the injury time board goes up we concede. Boro were poor today and won, bit like Burnley a few weeks ago

We need a new manager in place now, because Phillips and Reid aren't up to the job, the substitution made that painfully obvious

In fairness I do think we look better when we have a striker to lump the ball up to. The problem is the only strikers we have like that are Madine and Heskey.

50Bolton 1-2 Middlesbrough - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 Middlesbrough Sat 16 Apr - 16:12

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
doffcocker wrote:I really wanted us to win today even though it counts for sod all now.

Fuck off and support someone else you bellend.

We gave TOP OF THE LEAGUE a game for 70 minutes. If we'd played like that all season we wouldn't be heading for League 1.

I seriously think we have the worst fans on the planet.

Shut up you fat bitch.

On another day, you'd just be sharing the exact same sentiment, and slating anybody with the audacity to say we "gave them a game".

Talk about temperamental.

51Bolton 1-2 Middlesbrough - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 Middlesbrough Sat 16 Apr - 16:13

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Fabians Right Peg wrote:

Perhaps you should clarify that, get behind the team so long as they are not happy clapping?

it was only last week you where having a go at fans who in your opinion over do it with the support.

There's a world of difference between getting behind your team when it's struggling, and applauding a bellend who has just got himself sent off and cost us the game.

People need to give us a chance before writing next season off. The players showed today that they're not quite as useless as we thought.

52Bolton 1-2 Middlesbrough - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 Middlesbrough Sat 16 Apr - 16:14

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I think you're right Nat. Whilst everything is a dogs dinner at the club, we need to start the new regime with a positive tilt. Even though we've been a disaster overall, at least we tried today, which should help the youngsters next season.

53Bolton 1-2 Middlesbrough - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 Middlesbrough Sat 16 Apr - 16:15

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:no idea why we started with Heskey, he was hopeless as usual and how much overweight is he? Then that was followed by the worst substitution i've seen in a long time, Trotter upfront for Heskey  Rolling Eyes

Heskey is overweight, he shouldn't be anywhere near the first team. And putting Trotter up top was another ridiculous piece of Phillips tactical bullshit. But I wouldn't remove him, I'd keep him on until the end of the season - a new manager shouldn't be associated with this season.

New season, new start.

54Bolton 1-2 Middlesbrough - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 Middlesbrough Sat 16 Apr - 16:16

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:I think you're right Nat. Whilst everything is a dogs dinner at the club, we need to start the new regime with a positive tilt. Even though we've been a disaster overall, at least we tried today, which should help the youngsters next season.

Quite right. If the new manager brings in 4 or 5 grafters and a little bit of skill we'll be fine next season. Max Clayton will score 20 goals in League 1.

55Bolton 1-2 Middlesbrough - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 Middlesbrough Sat 16 Apr - 16:25

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

and Threlkeld ?

56Bolton 1-2 Middlesbrough - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 Middlesbrough Sat 16 Apr - 16:32

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:and Threlkeld ?

He won't score 20 goals in League 1.

57Bolton 1-2 Middlesbrough - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 Middlesbrough Sat 16 Apr - 16:37

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
gloswhite wrote:and Threlkeld ?

He won't score 20 goals in League 1.

Clayton won't play 20 games.

58Bolton 1-2 Middlesbrough - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 Middlesbrough Sat 16 Apr - 17:35

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:

Who said he would?

59Bolton 1-2 Middlesbrough - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 Middlesbrough Sat 16 Apr - 17:48

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote:

Who said he would?
You inferred it.

60Bolton 1-2 Middlesbrough - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 Middlesbrough Sat 16 Apr - 17:53

Barryjw

Barryjw
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote:

Who said he would?
A lot of faith in Clayton by some on here but he's spent a lot of time on the physio's table since he's been here. he also had injury problems at Crewe before joining us. I wonder if we've signed another sick note?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum