Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Transfer Embargo

+3
Norpig
FullofSprite
luckyPeterpiper
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21The Transfer Embargo - Page 2 Empty Re: The Transfer Embargo Mon Apr 25 2016, 22:23

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

FullofSprite wrote:If it's this bad when you have just bought the club, imagine how it's going to be in six - twelve months time when we're bottom of the 1st division and struggling again?

I've no doubt we're in for a bumpy ride, but we had the questioning of Sports shield - which is a dormant company, and soon we will have BWFC, Burnden Leisure and the Whites hotel - yes they haven't filed their accounts on time. Notice to strike of won't appear until July by which time they will file the accounts.

So as far as this is concerned until July let sleeping dogs lie - that's my opinion

I'm sure Anderson is not stupid businesswise - that is why he is a millionaire - nor to a lesser extent Holdswoth and both are well aware of the football world and the fickleness of fans, so I don't think for one second that anything said on a football forum and/or twitter will bother them in the slightest.

As for a bumpy ride how much unwelcoming could it have ever possibly been for Holdsworth when the clubs so called representatives of the fans - the Supporters Trust - DEMANDED answers to their business funding by means of a million and one page questionnaire literally hours before the club was due in course facing possible liquidation!  Shades of the Megson out banners he was greeted with before he even started in his job as manager!

If Holdsworth and latterly Anderson were unphased by that 'welcome' by the so called fans official body, then I'm sure they don't give a fig about anything that I or others may muse about on Nuts or what others may verbalise on twitter and such like.

I'm sure you are right though that certain factions will harp on about how the club is financed - indeed it is in certain peoples interest on the current ST for Holdsworth and Anderson to financially fail big time - in the hope as being the future owners of the club!

Seems a bit ironic to my way of thinking that the people with most to gain from Holdsworth and Anderson failing is not I or anyone else on Nuts, nor the hoi polloi on social media but the very body set up to represent the views of the supporters!

You would be thinking that all the fans would want the club to succeed not fail ( just so the ST can take over ownership)!

Funny old world at times.

22The Transfer Embargo - Page 2 Empty Re: The Transfer Embargo Mon Apr 25 2016, 23:01

FullofSprite

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Sluffy wrote:
FullofSprite wrote:If it's this bad when you have just bought the club, imagine how it's going to be in six - twelve months time when we're bottom of the 1st division and struggling again?

I've no doubt we're in for a bumpy ride, but we had the questioning of Sports shield - which is a dormant company, and soon we will have BWFC, Burnden Leisure and the Whites hotel - yes they haven't filed their accounts on time. Notice to strike of won't appear until July by which time they will file the accounts.

So as far as this is concerned until July let sleeping dogs lie - that's my opinion

I'm sure Anderson is not stupid businesswise - that is why he is a millionaire - nor to a lesser extent Holdswoth and both are well aware of the football world and the fickleness of fans, so I don't think for one second that anything said on a football forum and/or twitter will bother them in the slightest.

As for a bumpy ride how much unwelcoming could it have ever possibly been for Holdsworth when the clubs so called representatives of the fans - the Supporters Trust - DEMANDED answers to their business funding by means of a million and one page questionnaire literally hours before the club was due in course facing possible liquidation!  Shades of the Megson out banners he was greeted with before he even started in his job as manager!

If Holdsworth and latterly Anderson were unphased by that 'welcome' by the so called fans official body, then I'm sure they don't give a fig about anything that I or others may muse about on Nuts or what others may verbalise on twitter and such like.

I'm sure you are right though that certain factions will harp on about how the club is financed - indeed it is in certain peoples interest on the current ST for Holdsworth and Anderson to financially fail big time - in the hope as being the future owners of the club!

Seems a bit ironic to my way of thinking that the people with most to gain from Holdsworth and Anderson failing is not I or anyone else on Nuts, nor the hoi polloi on social media but the very body set up to represent the views of the supporters!

You would be thinking that all the fans would want the club to succeed not fail ( just so the ST can take over ownership)!

Absolutely Sluffy. But also stuff from Social Media gets on Radio programmes and it's not the individual it's the collective force of it all, which maybe easy to deal with now but in 12 months time, it won't be so easy to shrug off.

Megson is the case in point. First Megson tried to reason with fans, when that didn't work he went on the attack and there could only be one winner

23The Transfer Embargo - Page 2 Empty Re: The Transfer Embargo Mon Apr 25 2016, 23:51

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

FullofSprite wrote:
Sluffy wrote:

Absolutely Sluffy. But also stuff from Social Media gets on Radio programmes and it's not the individual it's the collective force of it all, which maybe easy to deal with now but in 12 months time, it won't be so easy to shrug off.

Megson is the case in point. First Megson tried to reason with fans, when that didn't work he went on the attack and there could only be one winner

Massive difference between owning the club and being a paid employee like the manager.

Blackpool's Oyston is probably the most detested owner in the country but it is still HIS club and fans reluctantly or not still turn up to see the club play.

The Blackpool fans have let it be known in all manner of ways they want Oyston gone but there is not really much they can do if he sticks two fingers up to them and stays - which is precisely what he has done.

Managers on the other hand are expendable.

If Oyston can easily survive after the shit storm Blackpool fans created for the last season or two, then nothing said on forums, social networks or the media will make Holdsworth or Anderson leave until they decide to go at a time of their own choosing themselves (and exactly what Davies did despite the frenzied hatred by many towards the later stages of his reign).

24The Transfer Embargo - Page 2 Empty Re: The Transfer Embargo Tue Apr 26 2016, 00:23

Rename this thread to the bedtime reading thread Smile

25The Transfer Embargo - Page 2 Empty Re: The Transfer Embargo Tue Apr 26 2016, 00:46

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

y2johnny wrote:Rename this thread to the bedtime reading thread Smile

Cheeky!

I like your avatar mate reminds me of a little story about the wife!

She asked me one day what was different about her - killer question I'm sure you will agree! So I said new shoes?

No.

New top?

No.

New hair style.

No.

I give up, what?

I'm wearing a gas mask.

One true story that did happen once, was that I came home from work and the wife asked me had I noticed anything new?

I hadn't of course and blustered something about how she always looks as beautiful as always to me, etc, etc.

It turned out she had bought a new light shade!!!

(I hadn't noticed of course).

26The Transfer Embargo - Page 2 Empty Re: The Transfer Embargo Tue Apr 26 2016, 09:42

Sluffy wrote:
y2johnny wrote:Rename this thread to the bedtime reading thread Smile

Cheeky!

I like your avatar mate reminds me of a little story about the wife!

She asked me one day what was different about her - killer question I'm sure you will agree!  So I said new shoes?

No.

New top?

No.

New hair style.

No.

I give up, what?

I'm wearing a gas mask.

One true story that did happen once, was that I came home from work and the wife asked me had I noticed anything new?

I hadn't of course and blustered something about how she always looks as beautiful as always to me, etc, etc.

It turned out she had bought a new light shade!!!

(I hadn't noticed of course).

:rofl:

I'm taking a leaf out of Martins book and advertising my services.  Very Happy

and i suppose KP has been advertising his services longer than anyone on here though.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum