Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

LATEST - Anderson - looking for £3 million and no clue on manager yet.

+7
Boggersbelief
terenceanne
Hipster_Nebula
scottjames30
Natasha Whittam
Bollotom2014
Sluffy
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

A DECISION on the next manager of Wanderers has not yet been made, The Bolton News understands.

Co-owner Ken Anderson set tongues wagging at the weekend by claiming in his programme notes a manager was “set” and already making plans for next season in League One.

Some bookmakers' betting markets were closed as a result, but it is understood the identity of the next boss is still being discussed between Anderson and his co-owner Dean Holdsworth.

Jimmy Phillips and Peter Reid will take charge of the final game of the season against Fulham at Craven Cottage next weekend.

Reports yesterday claimed Anderson was looking for investment totalling £3million to help bankroll the club next season, raising questions of the business plan passed by the Football League in March.

Former agent Anderson said in his first week at the club he was holding second interviews with three candidates and was poised to make announcements about the club’s board of directors.

John Pelling is now working at the Macron as financial director but has not had his contract formalised, nor his appointment confirmed.

Anderson has explained that his plans for the manager changed shortly after making his initial statement.

“We’re working within a fluid situation,” he said. “Just when we feel something is set, the situation changes. For example, after my first press conference we received another five or six applications for the manager’s job, all of which were credible in their own right.

“Some managers we have been linked with I have never even met, some others are very good friends of mine.

“What I will say is that our manager and incoming board is set and those individuals are already making plans for how we can move Bolton Wanderers back in the right direction.”

Ex-Wigan and Leeds manager Uwe Rosler, former Bristol City boss Steve Cotterill and one-time Blackburn Rovers chief Garry Bowyer are among the out-of-work managers who have been linked with the job.

Kevin Nolan, the former club captain currently at Leyton Orient, is another name in the frame.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I don't believe a word that man says.

What's worse: An owner who never speaks and hides on an island, thousands of miles away or one who does speak, but it's all bollocks?

I stand by my prediction that we'll be in Administration before a ball is kicked next season.

Bollotom2014

Bollotom2014
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Strong smell of BS emanating from the Horwich direction. Looks like ED wouldn't open up and this guy can't shut up. Maybe desperation  stakes and he's waffling. Whatever happened to the geezer who would "Walk to the Macron?"

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:I stand by my prediction that we'll be in Administration before a ball is kicked next season.

How much are you prepared to stand by it? Put your money where your mouth is.

I actually think Anderson has the clubs best interests at heart and is really desperate to make a success of it. Just not sure he has the necessary expertise or cash to do it. 

It's great to have a vision for a sustainable club that develops youth but it's a very difficult thing to implement and takes long term planning. Hope he's getting some advice behind the scenes.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think this guy could be worse that Edward, he will tell us anything.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Poor and clueless?

Never would have thought that!

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Breadman wrote:I don't believe a word that man says.

What's worse: An owner who never speaks and hides on an island, thousands of miles away or one who does speak, but it's all bollocks?

I stand by my prediction that we'll be in Administration before a ball is kicked next season.

What's the difference?  It's all BS for 10 years or more and counting.

We were told that the new manager would be announced 2 weeks ago....

Every Alf Higginbottom from local pub teams want nothing to do with us ....(if you believe what's in the press).

Then the new thing with 3 million needed .... Evil or Very Mad

AT least we won a game so that's somat at least.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The negative trolls will love this

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Breadman wrote:I stand by my prediction that we'll be in Administration before a ball is kicked next season.

How much are you prepared to stand by it? Put your money where your mouth is.

I bet you twenty million internet dollars.

Happy?

Fabians Right Peg

Fabians Right Peg
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

To me this makes sense, why would he not be looking for more investment and taking his time in selecting a manager?

If we shift on the high earners then the additional cash can be used to invest in new players, if not it will offset known costs. Surely this is part of the issue with the previous board in that they did not seek investment soon enough?

I suspect people will say that this shows the business plan was flawed although I suspect there are other plans in there less acceptable to fans including further sale of assets.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

announcement in 48 hours.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Fabians Right Peg wrote:To me this makes sense, why would he not be looking for more investment and taking his time in selecting a manager?

If we shift on the high earners then the additional cash can be used to invest in new players, if not it will offset known costs. Surely this is part of the issue with the previous board in that they did not seek investment soon enough?

I suspect people will say that this shows the business plan was flawed although I suspect there are other plans in there less acceptable to fans including further sale of assets.
There was always a substantial shortfall between the running costs and the initial investment but I estimated it to be nearer £5 million so I can only assume that Anderson believes we can actually get rid of an additional £2 million of wages to high earners above and beyond the likes of Wheater, Danns etc who are definitely leaving anyway.

The only thing that surprises me about this is that he is looking for so little investment.

And the business plan is and always has been flawed inasmuch that it was always predicated on the idea that somehow the high earners still in contract would voluntarily move on. That's why the FA insist on monitoring the implementation I'd have thought - because I 'd be very surprised if the likes of Spearing give up those fat pay packets. Flawed but at least that's substantially better than the alternative which was the closure of the club.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:

I bet you twenty million internet dollars.

Happy?

No, let's bet real money. Name the amount.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Nat backing Breadman into a corner.

Twenty five quid charity bet?

If (when) we go into Administration on or before Saturday 6th August 2016, you pay The Christie Hospital Charitable Fund £25.

Name your charity and if we don't, I'll do the same.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

:clap: :clap:

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

This is interesting. A new direction for the fans of this mad forum. I like it Very Happy

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:Twenty five quid charity bet?

If (when) we go into Administration on or before Saturday 6th August 2016, you pay The Christie Hospital Charitable Fund £25.

Name your charity and if we don't, I'll do the same.

Ok, £25 it is. When I win I'd like you to pay £25 to the Gender Trust.

It's supposed to go to charity, not for you to use to buy new shoes.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum