Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Income from transfers

+4
Hipster_Nebula
Natasha Whittam
Norpig
wanderlust
8 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Income from transfers Empty Income from transfers Mon May 16 2016, 14:16

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

This is the key question when it comes to working out if Anderson and Deano are here to strip assets and move on or genuinely invest in the club's longer term future.

Last month Anderson announced that he needs to find another £3million in investment to keep the club going next season. Now that it's likely that we'll get money for Holding, is Anderson still going to get out there and source investors so that the income from Holding can be spent on rebuilding the team?

Or is he going to sit on his arse and spend the Holding money on propping up the finances so that he doesn't have to sell any shares?

2Income from transfers Empty Re: Income from transfers Mon May 16 2016, 14:51

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i think we all know it will be the latter Lusty

3Income from transfers Empty Re: Income from transfers Mon May 16 2016, 14:56

I'm a bit disappointed (but not surprised) that the BN haven't asked him why he so desperately needs this extra £3m, given that he's supposedly already proved to the Football League that he's got the finances in place to fund next season.

Either he's talking out of his hole or the business plan approved by the FL comprised little more than him saying "Erm....I'm going to try and flog some stuff and that like."

And I can't exactly see the FL viewing this model as being robust enough to withstand scrutiny or deliver, hence why we're on monthly review with them for the next 18 months.

It's bound to go tits up, it's just a matter of when not if.

4Income from transfers Empty Re: Income from transfers Mon May 16 2016, 15:01

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

it's going to be a juggling act, if they want to get promotion then we need new players but i just can't see us spending anything again. It will be free transfers and loans. 

I suppose the short term needs outweigh anything else at the moment but if we have any dreams of getting back to at the least the Championship and for Deano and KA to sell on the club and make a profit, then we will have to spend some money on players or we will just stagnate in league 1 for years

5Income from transfers Empty Re: Income from transfers Mon May 16 2016, 16:38

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Can't wait for the new season, a couple of good signings and we could challenge.

6Income from transfers Empty Re: Income from transfers Mon May 16 2016, 17:02

Natasha Whittam wrote:Can't wait for the new season, a couple of good signings and we could challenge.

Bellend, you have no idea who's in the squad yet. For all you know we could re-sign Heskey and Zat Knight, save your predictions until you have something to base them on.

7Income from transfers Empty Re: Income from transfers Mon May 16 2016, 17:30

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:

Bellend, you have no idea who's in the squad yet. For all you know we could re-sign Heskey and Zat Knight, save your predictions until you have something to base them on.

We have 23 contracted players for next season, it's a fair bet to suggest most will be here come August. Add two good players (good being the important word) and we could surprise a few people.

The team has done ok these last few weeks, beating Hull who are Prem bound, and narrowly losing to Boro who are already there. Imagine what we could do with a mobile striker.

I'm choosing to be positive.

8Income from transfers Empty Re: Income from transfers Mon May 16 2016, 17:49

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

hahahaha "invest"

9Income from transfers Empty Re: Income from transfers Mon May 16 2016, 17:50

My understanding was with recent interviews that the money is there already for next season and the reason for looking for investment was to further invest in the club

10Income from transfers Empty Re: Income from transfers Mon May 16 2016, 18:19

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Natasha Whittam wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:

We have 23 contracted players for next season, it's a fair bet to suggest most will be here come August. Add two good players (good being the important word) and we could surprise a few people.

The team has done ok these last few weeks, beating Hull who are Prem bound, and narrowly losing to Boro who are already there. Imagine what we could do with a mobile striker.

Positive is good when there is somat to be positive about ....

I believe Hull had six of their first team players rested for that game ..... Boro I don't remember if they needed it or not.
Anyhow currently Ken and Deano are trying to ship out as many players as they can leaving the absolute bare minimum they think we can get away with. That's not a good recipe for success ....could be wrong though.

11Income from transfers Empty Re: Income from transfers Mon May 16 2016, 19:18

Natasha Whittam wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:

Nothing to do with positive or negative, I'm an eternal optimist when it comes to Bolton. End of the day though nobody has any idea how we'll come out of this summer. Holdsworth and Anderson could prove everyone wrong and invest, or maybe they will just strip the squad bare.

12Income from transfers Empty Re: Income from transfers Mon May 16 2016, 19:20

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:

Nothing to do with positive or negative, I'm an eternal optimist when it comes to Bolton. End of the day though nobody has any idea how we'll come out of this summer. Holdsworth and Anderson could prove everyone wrong and invest, or maybe they will just strip the squad bare.

Maybe, but recent performances have given me hope. Obviously getting a striker who is mobile is easier said than done, but anyone is better than Heskey.

13Income from transfers Empty Re: Income from transfers Mon May 16 2016, 19:21

Madine's not.

14Income from transfers Empty Re: Income from transfers Mon May 16 2016, 20:36

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Samizadeh will tear league one up

15Income from transfers Empty Re: Income from transfers Mon May 16 2016, 22:04

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Boggersbelief wrote:Samizadeh will tear league one up
Is he still with us?

16Income from transfers Empty Re: Income from transfers Mon May 16 2016, 22:16

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

observer wrote:
Is he still with us?

Yeah

17Income from transfers Empty Re: Income from transfers Mon May 16 2016, 22:19

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Boggersbelief wrote:
observer wrote:
Is he still with us?

Yeah
No more whining that he wants to go to Derby or some other place that has real money?

18Income from transfers Empty Re: Income from transfers Mon May 16 2016, 22:32

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He's been offered first team football here. Must be enough for him to want to stay

19Income from transfers Empty Re: Income from transfers Mon May 16 2016, 22:35

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Boggersbelief wrote:He's been offered first team football here. Must be enough for him to want to stay
I hope be becomes a star for us next season and that we show some business smarts for a change!  He and Holding could be forces to reckon with (hopefully for us)!!!!!!!!

20Income from transfers Empty Re: Income from transfers Tue May 17 2016, 09:40

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

get Max Clayton fit and he has the mobility we need, my worry with him is that he is an intelligent player who makes intelligent runs and we need someone with the nouse to find him when he does. I also think Madine could be more than useful in L1 so with Clough and Woolery we have options upfront. We need a couple of Wellington type loans to provide service.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum