Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Now the truth's out I actually feel worse....

+9
scottjames30
terenceanne
gloswhite
wanderlust
whatsgoingon
Norpig
Hipster_Nebula
Boggersbelief
karlypants
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

How embarrassing.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

terenceanne wrote:What difference does it make who wrote it ....... pretty much just jives with what most of us have thought all along. 
I am maintaining my theory until further notice .....that is, they will balance the books for a year then dump us for a quick profit for Ken & Deano........ that actually might not be a bad thing depending on who the next owners might be.
I can't help wondering if Tamraz is watching all this from the sidelines and waiting to see if he can nip in and pick us up cheap himself. Given Dean's interview on another thread where he admits he and Anderson aren't seeing eye to eye on a lot of issues might suggest to Tamraz that they would be willing to take a small profit each to get out of the "partnership" if nothing else. I understand Breadman and a few others here think Tamraz is "dodgy" and he might well be but we need an owner or a board at least that are all pulling in the same direction.

Point of order:

I'd have Roger the Dodger in a heartbeat.

It's Bonce who's dead set against him.

The way I see it, if you're going to be owned by a random dodgy bastard, it might as well be one with a few quid behind him.

Unlike the current set-up....

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

It's madness wanting any unscrupulous person wishing to gain control of the club, do you think they are suddenly going to be passionate owners overnight and become philanthropic about chucking millions into the club with little obvious chance of seeing it back again?

They would be here to use (and abuse) the club for their own aims.

Look where Portsmouth are now since they had a brush with one or two shady characters.

I can't say the thought of having a previously debarred company director as part owner exactly fills me with confidence but at least he is involved in the football world.  Why would anyone want some random allegedly super rich and 'suspect' character suddenly turn up out of the blue and turn a nothing club (in the shadow of Premier teams United, City, Liverpool and Everton) with a less than 30,000 capacity, running at a considerable monthly loss, and turn it into some sort of Chelsea like Abramovitch did? You know that Chelsea which is situated in the posh part of London and not stuck in the out of the way Horwich retail Park!

I guess these sort of flies are buzzing around us for a reason though and I can't see the stench going away anytime soon, so we might as well let Anderson get on with whatever he is here to do and keep our fingers crossed it turns out good for the club too!

So a dodgy twat with no cash is better than a dodgy twat with loads of cash?

Ok......

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Breadman wrote:So a dodgy twat with no cash is better than a dodgy twat with loads of cash?

Ok......

The more successful the unscrupulous businessman is - the harder someone has been screwed to make him super rich in the first place.

The seventy odd year old foreign billionaire with no previous interest in football, if he ever really was interested in the club, would have been here for his financial benefit - not ours.

If he really was after a club there are plenty better situated out there for him to pump his money into rather than our basket case of a business.

You don't have to be Einstein to work that one out.

Do you really think I believe that someone like Tamraz would give a shit about BWFC?

I'm actually insulted.

Of course he wouldn't give a shit about us but his motivation for snooping around was reported by his man in London to be to use us as a foothold into the UK / Northern European energy market.

The money he would spend on shoring us up and trying to make us successful (circa £30 million, let's say) would be covered in his advertising budget, so he probably saw us as a cheap way in.

And if we benefited as a result, happy days.

Do you really think he was interested because he saw us as an opportunity to do a bit of asset stripping?

The guy's a billionaire, not some tin-pot football agent with fuck all cash of his own to invest.

He's probably got more spare cash lodged down the back of his settee than Holdsworth and the other bent twat have ever seen in their lives, so I hardly think he'd be interested in buying us to make money out of the deal.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Why is Holdsworth a "bent twat". Or Anderson for that matter. From where I'm standing, those two guys saved us from going bust and are trying their hardest to clean up the mess that Davies has left

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:Why is Holdsworth a "bent twat". Or Anderson for that matter. From where I'm standing, those two guys saved us from going bust and are trying their hardest to clean up the mess that Davies has left

Wasting your time, some "fans" want us to fail so they can say "I told you so".

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

If that was true then where has Tamraz invested his money trying to get a foothold in the energy market since his knock back with Bolton then?

Also I would have though acquiring an ENERGY COMPANY rather than a football club would be a much better strategy if he wanted to enter the energy market.

Seems more of a sensible way to go to my way of thinking.

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote:Why is Holdsworth a "bent twat". Or Anderson for that matter. From where I'm standing, those two guys saved us from going bust and are trying their hardest to clean up the mess that Davies has left

Wasting your time, some "fans" want us to fail so they can say "I told you so".

Remember Sports Shield's co-owner with Holdsworth when they first popped up in November?

There was a photo in the BN of Holdsworth and his "business partner" at Sports Shield, Michael Collins, sat together in a box at the Macron.

(They were actually the bread in a John Disley sandwich in the photo.)

Well, Collins is no longer involved with SS because he's spending a bit of time at her majesty's pleasure at an undisclosed location for mortgage fraud.

So, yeah.....I don't trust Holdsworth.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Collins and disley had fuck all to do with Holdsworth.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I've made breadman look a right tit tbf

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Boggersbelief wrote:Collins and disley had fuck all to do with Holdsworth.

Not what was claimed at the time.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The Bolton news and Nixon both said that Collins was the backer behind Disleys bid. Which was completely separate from Holdsworth, the Bolton news and Nixon also said that Holdsworth had no idea who Disley was

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Boggersbelief wrote:The Bolton news and Nixon both said that Collins was the backer behind Disleys bid. Which was completely separate from Holdsworth, the Bolton news and Nixon also said that Holdsworth had no idea who Disley was

?

Did you not read the link above from the BOLTON NEWS itself?

...The Bolton News understands.

Sports Shield Investments, the company co-owned by ex-Whites striker Dean Holdsworth and his business partner Michael Collins, met with the club’s new financial consultant Trevor Birch yesterday to finalise details on their offer to Eddie Davies for ownership of the club.

It is now thought financial backing for the bid has not come from an outside party, as previously speculated, but is completely secured by assets owned by the company’s partners.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Yeah...? 

My point still stand, Collins and Disley have fuck all to do with anything regarding bwfc. Including Holdsworth

Boggersbelief wrote:Yeah...? 

My point still stand, Collins and Disley have fuck all to do with anything regarding bwfc. Including Holdsworth

I'm not saying they do.

But Collins was a founding partner of SS with Holdsworth so what does that say about Holdsworth's business dealings?

And that's without considering the fact that then he roped in a bloke who'd previously been barred from being a company director for ten years after he was found guilty of financial misconduct.

I said I didn't trust Holdsworth.

And that's why.

You believe what you want.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I hope we get promoted next season, shut up all the negative tits.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

scottjames30 wrote:I hope we get promoted next season, shut up all the negative tits.
As one of the negative mammary glands in question I think a question would be in order here scott.

Just how likely do you think promotion is?

I'd love it personally, it would be fantastic to have something like that to cheer about after the last twelve months but I'd be lying if I said I can see it happening. So if you disagree and think there's something to be cheerful about now (other than the club's existence) then please, share it with us because I could certainly use something to hope for concerning the club and I'd bet I'm not alone in that.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum