Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Mike Ashley: Is He Right?

+7
whatsgoingon
Boggersbelief
BoltonTillIDie
karlypants
Reebok Trotter
wanderlust
Natasha Whittam
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21Mike Ashley: Is He Right? - Page 2 Empty Re: Mike Ashley: Is He Right? Wed Jun 08 2016, 19:48

You had a stroke?

Lift your arms over your head and see if you can hold them there for a bit, mate.

22Mike Ashley: Is He Right? - Page 2 Empty Re: Mike Ashley: Is He Right? Fri Jun 10 2016, 10:09

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Mike Ashley: Is He Right?

He's a Billionaire and owns a massive business and a football club, I don't and never will so the literal answer to the question is actually - yes he is right

23Mike Ashley: Is He Right? - Page 2 Empty Re: Mike Ashley: Is He Right? Fri Jun 10 2016, 18:41

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

whatsgoingon wrote:Mike Ashley: Is He Right?

He's a Billionaire and owns a massive business and a football club, I don't and never will so the literal answer to the question is actually - yes he is right
Laughing

24Mike Ashley: Is He Right? - Page 2 Empty Re: Mike Ashley: Is He Right? Wed Jun 15 2016, 12:46

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

treats his staff like shit, pays them under the going rate, docks them more than appropriate when late, Zero hours etc. No more visits from wessy, would sooner pay more than line the pockets of this scum bag.

25Mike Ashley: Is He Right? - Page 2 Empty Re: Mike Ashley: Is He Right? Wed Jun 15 2016, 13:02

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

Reebok Trotter wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:Answer the fooking question you bellends.

Is it out of order to fine people for being late?

Ashley admitted that docking a member of staff fifteen minutes pay for being one minute late was out of order.
I used to work at a place that did that. If you clocked in at 7:31 you wouldn't start getting paid until 7:45 or if you clocked in at 7:46 you wouldn't start getting paid until 8:00 etc. I thought it was common practice. It did themselves no favours regarding productivity though because we were supposed to start at half 7 and if I clocked in a minute late I'd just go and sit in the canteen until 7:45. I don't work for free.

26Mike Ashley: Is He Right? - Page 2 Empty Re: Mike Ashley: Is He Right? Wed Jun 15 2016, 19:04

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bwfc1958 wrote:
Reebok Trotter wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:Answer the fooking question you bellends.

Is it out of order to fine people for being late?

Ashley admitted that docking a member of staff fifteen minutes pay for being one minute late was out of order.
I used to work at a place that did that. If you clocked in at 7:31 you wouldn't start getting paid until 7:45 or if you clocked in at 7:46 you wouldn't start getting paid until 8:00 etc. I thought it was common practice. It did themselves no favours regarding productivity though because we were supposed to start at half 7 and if I clocked in a minute late I'd just go and sit in the canteen until 7:45. I don't work for free.

I agree. If someone is regularly late then that is a different matter but docking 15 minutes pay is ridiculous. Like you 58 I would clock in just before 7.45.

27Mike Ashley: Is He Right? - Page 2 Empty Re: Mike Ashley: Is He Right? Wed Jun 15 2016, 19:20

Not good for your Bradford Factor, that, and a sure fire way to get yourself an invite to a Disciplinary Meeting with your line manager.

Most places don't penalise staff for being a minute late - it's generally 3 or 4 minutes.

And anyone who's ever had to tidy up a T&A system on a monthly basis (like what I have) will tell you what a ball ache it is.

That's why we discipline dicks who can't be arsed turning up on time.

If your start time's 07:00 am, you should be at your work station and ready to go then, not at five past.

Your average Pole or Romanian knows that and respects the rules.

That's why we love 'em.

(And they're very cheap to employ..... Very Happy )

28Mike Ashley: Is He Right? - Page 2 Empty Re: Mike Ashley: Is He Right? Wed Jun 15 2016, 22:20

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Did anyone watch Sir Phillip Green being grilled today? I thought he came across as a pretty arrogant prick. Apparently he is going to put things right for the BHS employees who lost their jobs and their pensions. I wont hold my breath. 

Is it just me or does he look like a cross between a back street barrow boy and a spiv?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum