Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Marc Iles correspondence with lPp

+2
Norpig
luckyPeterpiper
6 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Marc Iles correspondence with lPp Empty Marc Iles correspondence with lPp Wed Jun 08 2016, 14:31

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I have racked my brains trying to come up with a way to paraphrase what Marc Iles and I discussed yesterday without giving anything confidential away. In the end I showed his e-mails to a trusted friend of mine and he came up with the following which to be frank fully echoes my own thoughts. I won't get into this matter any further on a public forum as I believe it would step past the line Marc asked me to respect. The fact he's allowed me to post anything at all was very generous of him given the flak he's faced recently. I won't spend time defending or denigrating him further except to say that I am glad it's not me trying to get concrete information out of the club because there are so many different angles and perspectives surrounding it that Diogenes had an easier time with his lamp in the search for an honest man. Anyway, my friend who is honestly far more articulate than I suggested this and from my personal perspective it pretty much hits the nail on the head.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

There is an old saying that 'Before you judge a man, you must walk a mile in his shoes'.

The contact that I had with Mr Iles reassured me of his ongoing professionalism as a journalist under ongoing difficulties over a number of seasons to date where he faced an avoidance of accessibility to the former owner Eddie Davies and somewhat truculent Chairman in Phil Gartside, to now the dual ownership issues of two owners and their bedding in relationship with the club and its financial circumstances which do impact on planning for the future both on and off the pitch.

Many of us, myself included, have questioned and maybe even ridiculed some of the story's we have read from the pen of Mr Iles but thanks to his patience in communicating with me the sheer mechanics of what he has to go through to authenticate the accuracy of his copy that is printed in the paper and the speed at which substantial change can and does move behind the scenes in very short spaces of time, I can see now the ongoing picture at the club from his position and perspective and as a consequence I for one would like to thank Marc for allowing me a small insight into his journalistic world and some of the hurdles he faces to get what he can and with good faith, to us all to read.

I have not posted this to be an apologist for Mr Iles nor to stand and fight his corner for him either but from now on I for one now knows the factuality and hard work involved in Marc getting what he can out to us with his copy and would like to thank him both for that and having the decency to respond fully to me (a complete stranger to him) over the issues I had over his reporting of news events at the club in recent months.

Thanks Marc for letting me walk that mile, I for one understand things much better now.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I can only close in saying I for one will have much more patience with him now and accept that a lot of what he prints is accurate when he prints it but he isn't psychic and can't always predict how fast things are going to change in the minds of the people he's spoken to. All I will do is wish him luck.

2Marc Iles correspondence with lPp Empty Re: Marc Iles correspondence with lPp Wed Jun 08 2016, 14:34

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breaders is going to love that PeteĀ  Very Happy

3Marc Iles correspondence with lPp Empty Re: Marc Iles correspondence with lPp Wed Jun 08 2016, 14:49

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Norpig wrote:Breaders is going to love that PeteĀ  Very Happy
Whether he does or not is beside the point mate. It's truth and while Marc Iles is often left with egg on his face I can honestly say a lot of it is not his fault. Yes there are areas where he could do better but the man isn't psychic so I can't really say it's all his fault. He's got it a lot tougher than I thought. I'm not suddenly his new cheerleader and I'll still say when I think he's fouled up but I won't be quite as quick to judge him because it's clear to me the situation in the Macron is still incredibly fluid and changing by the hour let alone the day.

4Marc Iles correspondence with lPp Empty Re: Marc Iles correspondence with lPp Wed Jun 08 2016, 14:51

Fuck me, that could have come from the pen of the man himself: A lot of words to say practically nothing and none of it sheds any light on the situation.....

Very Happy

5Marc Iles correspondence with lPp Empty Re: Marc Iles correspondence with lPp Wed Jun 08 2016, 14:58

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Breadman wrote:Fuck me, that could have come from the pen of the man himself: A lot of words to say practically nothing and none of it sheds any light on the situation.....

Very Happy
No bread, it wasn't written by Mr Iles. All I can say is this, he's got several sources that give him decent info at the time but the situation at the top is even more fluid than we thought. I really wish he'd let me quote him directly but since he doesn't want to be the story I can't.

Don't get me wrong, if I think he's fouled up I'm going to be all over him on Twitter and here just like I was yesterday but in this case it really isn't his fault. A deal was agreed but outside factors have caused an unavoidable change of plans. Whether that's just a delay in announcing or someone else is being approached for the job I don't know and I don't think Marc Iles knows either. He's giving out what he gets when he gets it but sometimes it's out of date by the time it's published.

6Marc Iles correspondence with lPp Empty Re: Marc Iles correspondence with lPp Wed Jun 08 2016, 14:59

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Oh and if you don't mind I'll pass on your kind invitation. Wendy would be jealous if I didn't. Very Happy

7Marc Iles correspondence with lPp Empty Re: Marc Iles correspondence with lPp Wed Jun 08 2016, 15:13

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

luckyPeterpiper wrote:Oh and if you don't mind I'll pass on your kind invitation. Wendy would be jealous if I didn't. Very Happy
Oh go on she'll understand, Nat can film it behind Bargain Booze

8Marc Iles correspondence with lPp Empty Re: Marc Iles correspondence with lPp Wed Jun 08 2016, 15:40

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It was nice of him to personally contact you LPP, I bet he's a top bloke.

9Marc Iles correspondence with lPp Empty Re: Marc Iles correspondence with lPp Wed Jun 08 2016, 17:28

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:Fuck me, that could have come from the pen of the man himself: A lot of words to say practically nothing and none of it sheds any light on the situation.....

Iles or LPP?

10Marc Iles correspondence with lPp Empty Re: Marc Iles correspondence with lPp Thu Jun 09 2016, 12:15

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bit confused by this. Where exactly is the correspondence with Marc Iles vaunted in the thread title?

All I'm seeing is a statement to the effect that Iles has integrity, but can't see any of the actual correspondence and I guess I'd like to know what he said and how he said it.

11Marc Iles correspondence with lPp Empty Re: Marc Iles correspondence with lPp Thu Jun 09 2016, 17:15

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

wanderlust wrote:Bit confused by this. Where exactly is the correspondence with Marc Iles vaunted in the thread title?

All I'm seeing is a statement to the effect that Iles has integrity, but can't see any of the actual correspondence and I guess I'd like to know what he said and how he said it.
Hi lusty. I had a conversation with Marc Iles on Twitter and followed it up with an exchange of e-mails. I have actually paraphrased some of what he said on a couple of other threads, most notably the managerial merry go-round.

Unfortunately Marc has asked me not to post the e-mail itself or quote directly from it despite my honest belief it would cut down on the flak he gets from here. I posted this article as a kind of 'closure' on the discussion that was held about how to phrase some of what he said because it spilled across about three or four different articles and threads.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum