Bolton Wanderers Fans Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Bolton Wanderers Banter » Pre-Season 2016

Pre-Season 2016

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 4 of 5]

91 Re: Pre-Season 2016 on Mon Jul 18 2016, 16:38

scottjames30

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I spent the whole 90 mins shouting abuse at Michael Ricketts, the twat waved at me.

92 Re: Pre-Season 2016 on Mon Jul 18 2016, 16:40

scottjames30

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Natasha Whittam wrote:Only bellends with no life go to friendlies.

See you there then.Very Happy

93 Re: Pre-Season 2016 on Mon Jul 18 2016, 16:55

MartinBWFC

avatar
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
Natasha Whittam wrote:Only bellends with no life go to friendlies.
How you getting to Tranmere?

94 Re: Pre-Season 2016 on Mon Jul 18 2016, 16:57

Natasha Whittam

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Twats.

95 Re: Pre-Season 2016 on Mon Jul 18 2016, 17:12

Sluffy

avatar
Admin
Up date from Iles on twitter -

Wanderers will now face York City on Saturday at 1.30pm. The Crewe Alex game on Friday night will now be an XI.

96 Re: Pre-Season 2016 on Mon Jul 18 2016, 17:14

scottjames30

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Sluffy wrote:Up date from Iles on twitter -

Wanderers will now face York City on Saturday at 1.30pm. The Crewe Alex game on Friday night will now be an XI.

Is that at home, Sluffy?

97 Re: Pre-Season 2016 on Mon Jul 18 2016, 17:26

boltonbonce

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Went to a pre season game at Tranmere many years ago. As we stopped our motorbike at the lights,a car drew up beside us,and Malcolm Allison poked his head out and said 'This the way to the ground lads?'
We assured him it was,and off we sped,leaving them stalled at the lights(Joe Mercer was driving)
What amazed us was the state of their car,which looked like something dragged out of a lake.

98 Re: Pre-Season 2016 on Mon Jul 18 2016, 17:27

Sluffy

avatar
Admin
scottjames30 wrote:
Sluffy wrote:Up date from Iles on twitter -

Wanderers will now face York City on Saturday at 1.30pm. The Crewe Alex game on Friday night will now be an XI.

Is that at home, Sluffy?

At York.

Nice day out.

Not far from Bolton, lovely little city to explore, great pubs, visit the Minster and have a walk on the Walls for free, loads of other stuff to.

Make a day of it!

99 Re: Pre-Season 2016 on Mon Jul 18 2016, 17:28

Sluffy

avatar
Admin
Our goal v Mansfield -




How crap was their defending - and they still beat us!!!

100 Re: Pre-Season 2016 on Mon Jul 18 2016, 17:39

boltonbonce

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Sluffy wrote:
scottjames30 wrote:
Sluffy wrote:Up date from Iles on twitter -

Wanderers will now face York City on Saturday at 1.30pm. The Crewe Alex game on Friday night will now be an XI.

Is that at home, Sluffy?

At York.

Nice day out.

Not far from Bolton, lovely little city to explore, great pubs, visit the Minster and have a walk on the Walls for free, loads of other stuff to.

Make a day of it!

Some great second hand book shops in York.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

101 Re: Pre-Season 2016 on Mon Jul 18 2016, 17:39

Boggersbelief

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Imagine getting worked up about a pre season loss

102 Re: Pre-Season 2016 on Mon Jul 18 2016, 17:44

Natasha Whittam

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Boggersbelief wrote:Imagine getting worked up about a pre season loss

I was fuming we lost at Mansfield. Are they even a proper club?

103 Re: Pre-Season 2016 on Mon Jul 18 2016, 17:46

Boggersbelief

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Natasha Whittam wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote:Imagine getting worked up about a pre season loss

I was fuming we lost at Mansfield. Are they even a proper club?

West Ham got battered 3-0 by seattle Seahawks. Bet they're shitting themselves now about the upcoming season

104 Re: Pre-Season 2016 on Mon Jul 18 2016, 17:47

Boggersbelief

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Seattle sounders, sorry

105 Re: Pre-Season 2016 on Mon Jul 18 2016, 17:55

Natasha Whittam

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Winning matches, regardless of opposition, breeds confidence.

106 Re: Pre-Season 2016 on Mon Jul 18 2016, 18:42

finlaymcdanger


Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Natasha Whittam wrote:Winning matches, regardless of opposition, breeds confidence.



No doubt but give him time to weed out the fannies.

107 Re: Pre-Season 2016 on Mon Jul 18 2016, 20:14

wanderlust

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
finlaymcdanger wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:Winning matches, regardless of opposition, breeds confidence.



No doubt but give him time to weed out the fannies.
...aka our entire defence for the last three - or is it four?- seasons.

108 Re: Pre-Season 2016 on Tue Jul 19 2016, 10:15

whatsgoingon

avatar
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
wanderlust wrote:
finlaymcdanger wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:Winning matches, regardless of opposition, breeds confidence.



No doubt but give him time to weed out the fannies.
...aka our entire defence for the last three - or is it four?- seasons.
and the 2, £18k a week "experienced" midfielders

109 Re: Pre-Season 2016 on Tue Jul 19 2016, 13:25

terenceanne

avatar
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
It's not the losing of the games that is important....the results do not matter of course...but when you read that we are outplayed for 3/4 of the game by so-called lower opposition. That's probably not a good indication of things to come.

110 Re: Pre-Season 2016 on Tue Jul 19 2016, 14:11

wanderlust

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
terenceanne wrote:It's not the losing of the games that is important....the results do not matter of course...but when you read that we are outplayed for 3/4 of the game by so-called lower opposition. That's probably not a good indication of things to come.
I think the Sheff Utd game will define our season as it will be a reality check that winning could inspire us to go on and do great things and losing could knock back the mindset of the entire squad, especially after the optimism engendered by the new manager.

111 Re: Pre-Season 2016 on Tue Jul 19 2016, 14:15

whatsgoingon

avatar
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
I think we're going into the season with a lot of changes and it may take a while to settle, a good analogy is Wigan who went into their season in L1 with wholesale changes and it took a while to settle, they didn't have a great start but got stronger and stronger as the squad knitted together.
So while a strong start is always preferred I don't think the first games will necessarily define the season.

112 Re: Pre-Season 2016 on Tue Jul 19 2016, 16:29

gloswhite

avatar
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
I think its good to lose in the friendlies. It shows we aren't doing things right, and should learn from it, and it it stops the players thinking that all they have to do is turn up.

113 Re: Pre-Season 2016 on Tue Jul 19 2016, 19:32

Boggersbelief

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Howard, Moxey, Beevers, Vela, Spearing, Clayton, Madine, Neil Eardley, Pratley, Woolery, Wheater.

Gordon Greer and Frazer Richardson are two other newbies on the bench

114 Re: Pre-Season 2016 on Tue Jul 19 2016, 19:53

terenceanne

avatar
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
Boggersbelief wrote:Howard, Moxey, Beevers, Vela, Spearing, Clayton, Madine, Neil Eardley, Pratley, Woolery, Wheater.

Gordon Greer and Frazer Richardson are two other newbies on the bench

Is there any commentary or text on this one ?

115 Re: Pre-Season 2016 on Tue Jul 19 2016, 19:56

Boggersbelief

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Only on Twitter. We're losing 1-0. 7 minutes gone

116 Re: Pre-Season 2016 on Tue Jul 19 2016, 19:57

terenceanne

avatar
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
thanks Boggers ..... normal service as resumed then.

117 Re: Pre-Season 2016 on Tue Jul 19 2016, 20:46

Guest


Guest
Boggersbelief wrote:Howard, Moxey, Beevers, Vela, Spearing, Clayton, Madine, Neil Eardley, Pratley, Woolery, Wheater.

Gordon Greer and Frazer Richardson are two other newbies on the bench
Just googled Neil Eardley, makes Mark Davies seem the model of fitness. Last season he was injured till September, played 45 minutes then injured till December, played 4 matches then got injured, played 45 minutes in January then was out for the season. The two previous seasons weren't any better.

118 Re: Pre-Season 2016 on Tue Jul 19 2016, 21:17

Boggersbelief

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
1-1 dervite with the goal

119 Re: Pre-Season 2016 on Tue Jul 19 2016, 21:18

Boggersbelief

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Barb Dwyer wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote:Howard, Moxey, Beevers, Vela, Spearing, Clayton, Madine, Neil Eardley, Pratley, Woolery, Wheater.

Gordon Greer and Frazer Richardson are two other newbies on the bench
Just googled Neil Eardley, makes Mark Davies seem the model of fitness. Last season he was injured till September, played 45 minutes then injured till December, played 4 matches then got injured, played 45 minutes in January then was out for the season. The two previous seasons weren't any better.

It's where we're at unfortunately

120 Re: Pre-Season 2016 on Tue Jul 19 2016, 21:20

Natasha Whittam

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Has Wheater actually signed?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum