Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton want back up to number one goalkeeper Ben Amos

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Wanderers have intensified their search to find competition for number one Ben Amos.

Phil Parkinson wants an experienced goalkeeper on board to work alongside the former Manchester United man this season.

The Whites missed out on ex-Burnley stopper Matt Gilks after Rangers offered him a lucrative deal to play in the SPL.

But the club is understood to have touted out a few options who have become available this summer and could make their mind up by this weekend.

Amos had mixed fortunes in his first full season at the Macron and spent more than a month on the sidelines with ankle ligament damage earlier this year.

An attempt by Neil Lennon to sign an emergency loan at the time was refused by the Football League and Paul Rachubka – himself signed as back-up – stepped into the breach for six games, the last of which was the crushing 6-0 defeat at Bristol City.

Meanwhile, Parkinson is impressed by the way staff – new and old – have mixed on the pre-season trip.

The manager brought Steve Parkin, Nick Allenby, Lee Butler, Tim Breacker and Matt Barrass with him from Bradford City but has been pleased with the backing his team has got from those who were already in place.

“It’s a big change for all the staff who have come over but they are enjoying it,” he said.

“They are all relishing their new roles and it’s good to integrate people who came with me with existing staff as well. A lot of those are on the trip with us and that’s very important because we don’t want it to be ‘we’ve come over from Bradford’ and there be two camps. We have to integrate them both.

“We have to form a team off the pitch as well because to be successful over the course of the season you need everybody pulling together.

“You need everyone prepared to go that extra mile to bring success on the pitch. The staff – the team behind the team – is absolutely crucial.”

Parkinson is hoping to galvanise the club from top to bottom this summer and admits he will need the help of his entire backroom to achieve what he wants.

“I’ve definitely felt that the people who were here initially are trying to do everything they can to help,” he said.

“That’s great from my point of view. You can see that everyone wants to get this club going again.

“It’s going to take one almighty effort, we all know that, but there have been a lot of good signs from my first week or so at the club.

“We need to keep building on that because hard work from everyone, top to bottom, gives you a great chance.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum