Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

BREAKING NEWS - Dean Holdsworth leaves position as director of football at Bolton Wanderers

+6
whatsgoingon
scottjames30
Hipster_Nebula
Norpig
Chairmanda
observer
10 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

BEN reports Holdsworth has left his post.

DEAN Holdsworth has confirmed he has left his position as Wanderers’ director of football.

The 47-year-old, who fronted a successful takeover bid with Ken Anderson earlier this year to buy the club from Eddie Davies, will remain at the Macron Stadium in an owner capacity.

A statement released by Mr Holdsworth to The Bolton News this afternoon confirmed: “As of yesterday, I ceased to be employed by BWFC as director of football but wish to confirm that I remain as a shareholder and director of Burnden Leisure Limited with Ken Anderson.

“I remain fully committed to the club and am excited by the prospect of a successful new season.”

Mr Holdsworth has not divulged the reasons for his decision on legal advice.

Wanderers are expected to release a short statement confirming the news later this today.

More to follow…

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Chairmanda

Chairmanda
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

he is staying on as an owner/director and will say no more about it 'for legal reasons'

Hmmmmm.....

Chairmanda

Chairmanda
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

The club have released their statement. Wow. Too long to post here...not.

Chairmanda

Chairmanda
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Where's my thread gone? Oh I see, bit of consolidation gone on, as you were, thank you mods!

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

sounds like Deano is being pushed out of the club bit by bit, i wouldn't be surprised to see him gone completely in the next few weeks

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Surprised Deano didn't work out, he seemed like such a professional and credible business man.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:sounds like Deano is being pushed out of the club bit by bit, i wouldn't be surprised to see him gone completely in the next few weeks

I wonder why though, he was all up for it????

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Surprised Deano didn't work out, he seemed like such a professional and credible business man.

oh how i've missed your sarcasm..... not

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

scottjames30 wrote:
Norpig wrote:sounds like Deano is being pushed out of the club bit by bit, i wouldn't be surprised to see him gone completely in the next few weeks

didn't he have to borrow all the money to be joint owner? Seems like KA and son will be taking over and he will be pushed out

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

The club statement is more mysterious than Deano's, 

Confirmation that Dean Holdsworth has resigned from his role as Director of Football

Bolton Wanderers can confirm that Dean Holdsworth has resigned from his role as Director of Football.

The club will be making no further comment on the matter.

This is clearly not any kind of amicable parting, with the club saying they aren't making a comment and Deano not commenting further after Legal advice.
It has been apparent from pretty early on that Anderson was the dominant partner and that the relationship between them wasn't 100% cordial but to be shunted from CEO down to DOF within a couple of months and then shunted from that after a couple of weeks.
It's not fantastic although you had to suspect that the DOF role was a face saver when shunting him out of the CEO slot.

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

The Shenanigans continue ....  if Kenny boy can unload Deano completely out of the picture then nobody can stop Ken from dumping us for a reasonable profit to the next buyer.
Even I was beginning to think things were settled at the moment.....nope.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

whatsgoingon wrote:The club statement is more mysterious than Deano's, 

Confirmation that Dean Holdsworth has resigned from his role as Director of Football

Bolton Wanderers can confirm that Dean Holdsworth has resigned from his role as Director of Football.

The club will be making no further comment on the matter.

This is clearly not any kind of amicable parting, with the club saying they aren't making a comment and Deano not commenting further after Legal advice.
It has been apparent from pretty early on that Anderson was the dominant partner and that the relationship between them wasn't 100% cordial but to be shunted from CEO down to DOF within a couple of months and then shunted from that after a couple of weeks.
It's not fantastic although you had to suspect that the DOF role was a face saver when shunting him out of the CEO slot.

I much prefer Chesterfield's approach to press releases when they ditch someone, as they did earlier today:

Ashley Carson wrote:After a thorough internal investigation, I can now confirm that the person responsible for this total farce has left the football club

Kevin Fitzgerald has been a hard-working, respected, likeable employee who has, for some reason, made a massive error of judgement and has subsequently paid the consequences for his actions.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

What Chesterfield did was tantamount to fraud.

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

scottjames30 wrote:

It could be just the fact that Parky wanted full control without a director of football recommending a load of players be has no interest in and generally sticking his nose in where it isn't wanted.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum