Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Remember when Bolton sold Gary Cahill?

5 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

JakeSnake

David Lee
David Lee

Back in January when Gary Cahill left Bolton and went on to join European champions Chelsea. Bolton got around £8million for the centre-back but was that all...

Coyle negotiated a deal where at the end of the current season he cold take a player of his choice to the Reebok and apparently he is wanting Oriol Romeu the former Barca midfielder...

If we get the player, next year I would play a 4-5-1 starting Bogdan, Mears, Ream, Mills, Ricketts, Lee, Holden, Andrews, Romeu, Petrov and Sordell/N'Gog.

But wouldn't it make more sense to get a striker somebody like Romelu Lukaku Very Happy

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I don't think he can pick anyone he wants, it will have to be someone within reason. You also need to bear in mind that Chelsea have changed manager since then. If Di Matteo thinks the player Coyle wants is going to be part of his first team plans or won't benefit from playing in the Championship, we won't get that player.

If I were to guess I'd say Romeu might be OK but Lukaku might not be. As always, a player can refuse to go out on loan, particularly for a season, which is a long time if you're a big time charlie. It's grim up north.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I posted the name of the guy we were apparently looking at, that name came from Nixon so that kid is probably in the mix.

i wouldn't be getting your hopes up about it being one of their bench mob, more likely a reserve.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I would demand that we have Sturridge back. ( When he has recovered from his Meningitis scare )

Mallorca Trotter

Mallorca Trotter
David Lee
David Lee

David Luiz...

I miss Campo..

Might possibly be the guy that went on loan to Swansea last season, Josh Mceachran. He isn't Premiership standard yet and not going to get in the Chelsea team, but could do a job in the Championship. His girlfriend is in Coronation Street as well.

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

OneOinCoyle wrote: His girlfriend is in Coronation Street as well.

That's handy.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum