Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Long lost shops of Bolton

+10
Numpty 28723
Reebok Trotter
wanderlust
karlypants
whatsgoingon
Banks of the Croal
Boggersbelief
Sluffy
boltonbonce
bwfc71
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

31Long lost shops of Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Long lost shops of Bolton Fri Jul 29 2016, 13:35

Was gregory and porrits on great moor street?  I had a flat opposite there years ago

32Long lost shops of Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Long lost shops of Bolton Fri Jul 29 2016, 13:38

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Long lost shops of Bolton - Page 3 Gp

33Long lost shops of Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Long lost shops of Bolton Fri Jul 29 2016, 13:39

Still non the wiser?

34Long lost shops of Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Long lost shops of Bolton Fri Jul 29 2016, 13:40

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It was Great Moor Street.

35Long lost shops of Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Long lost shops of Bolton Fri Jul 29 2016, 13:42

boltonbonce wrote:It was Great Moor Street.
Thank you.  Thought so.  I think i probably only went in there once.

36Long lost shops of Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Long lost shops of Bolton Fri Jul 29 2016, 14:00

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bought a big pot elephant from there once,and managed to hump the bloody thing home on the bus.
When we got to our front door I gave it to my brother to hold while I fumbled for my key,and he dropped the bastard. Smashed to bits.
I got my own back by bending his picture of Wyn Davies in half. (He got it free with Typhoo Tea).

37Long lost shops of Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Long lost shops of Bolton Sat Jul 30 2016, 19:42

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Cantors Furniture store arcade near Newport street
Boardmans another small furniture shop was near a pet shop ?

And the first job i had on leaving school was at King Kong sales on Manchester road sold all sorts of stuff but i enjoyed my short stay.

38Long lost shops of Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Long lost shops of Bolton Sun Jul 31 2016, 11:16

Masons Leisure on Chorley New Road was great. Used to go there once or twice a month for an Atari ST game.

39Long lost shops of Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Long lost shops of Bolton Sun Jul 31 2016, 11:44

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Barb Dwyer wrote:Masons Leisure on Chorley New Road was great. Used to go there once or twice a month for an Atari ST game.
Was it Computer World that was on Chorley Old Road?

40Long lost shops of Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Long lost shops of Bolton Sun Jul 31 2016, 11:47

karlypants wrote:
Barb Dwyer wrote:Masons Leisure on Chorley New Road was great. Used to go there once or twice a month for an Atari ST game.
I meant Chorley Old Round. ComputerWorld was next to Masons Leisure. Computerworld was more like PC world, Masons Leisure was a gamers paradise.

41Long lost shops of Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Long lost shops of Bolton Sun Jul 31 2016, 11:52

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Barb Dwyer wrote:
karlypants wrote:
I meant Chorley Old Round. ComputerWorld was next to Masons Leisure. Computerworld was more like PC world, Masons Leisure was a gamers paradise.
I don't think I ever went in Masons Leisure but was always in Computer World.

I remember my mum buying the Monopoly game for the Amiga 600 we still have and it was £34.99 for the games then. Shocked

42Long lost shops of Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Long lost shops of Bolton Sun Jul 31 2016, 11:54

Masons leisure is where all the cool people went.

43Long lost shops of Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Long lost shops of Bolton Sun Jul 31 2016, 12:07

Button bashers on st Helens Road was always good for retro gaming stuff m loved it in there

44Long lost shops of Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Long lost shops of Bolton Sun Jul 31 2016, 12:30

Did there used to be a pet shop in bolton town centre (not pets at home) have a vague recollection of one but can't place it.

45Long lost shops of Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Long lost shops of Bolton Sun Jul 31 2016, 12:54

I think so  i have a vague recollection of us giving some pups to it to sell when i was about 8 i think

46Long lost shops of Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Long lost shops of Bolton Sun Jul 31 2016, 16:33

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

y2johnny wrote:
Yes, it was Great Moor Street.

I went to Bolton County Grammar,  that was directly opposite it.

The first job at school was to get over the road to buy a padlock from there to put on your desk.

They must have done well from the pupils in the school

47Long lost shops of Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Long lost shops of Bolton Sun Jul 31 2016, 16:38

Cajunboy wrote:
y2johnny wrote:

The first job at school was to get over the road to buy a padlock from there to put on your desk.

That grammer school is where i lived.  They turned it into apartments

48Long lost shops of Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Long lost shops of Bolton Sun Jul 31 2016, 16:38

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Barb Dwyer wrote:Did there used to be a pet shop in bolton town centre (not pets at home) have a vague recollection of one but can't place it.
Yes, it was in the area behind were the Olympus Fish and Chip restaurant is now.

I could be wrong but I think it was called something like MITTENS.

I haven't made that up, someone might be able to correct me on that.

49Long lost shops of Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Long lost shops of Bolton Sun Jul 31 2016, 16:40

Yes it was Mittens.

But as I recall it was at the end of Newport Street opposite where the entrance to the train station is now.

50Long lost shops of Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Long lost shops of Bolton Sun Jul 31 2016, 16:42

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

y2johnny wrote:
Cajunboy wrote:
y2johnny wrote:

That grammer school is where i lived.  They turned it into apartments
Thanks, that's really interesting. 

It was a great place for a school back in the 60's.

Bolton was really buzzing then, it had a real heart to it.

Those were the days.

What were the apartments like?

Last edited by Cajunboy on Sun Jul 31 2016, 16:47; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum