Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What was your bus?

+17
Dunkels King
doffcocker
BoltonTillIDie
NickFazer
Bwfc1958
scottjames30
karlypants
Soul Kitchen
bwfc71
carl baxter
Chairmanda
wanderlust
whatsgoingon
Reebok Trotter
Banks of the Croal
Sluffy
Bolton Nuts
21 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 5]

41What was your bus? - Page 3 Empty Re: What was your bus? Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:07 pm

Seriously....this is what I was getting at last night.

A thread about fucking bus timetables........

Put your hand on your heart and tell me that's not sad as fuck.

:facepalm:

42What was your bus? - Page 3 Empty Re: What was your bus? Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:08 pm

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

But it's like you and your enjoyment for fishing Bread.

I can't stand fishing. Very Happy

43What was your bus? - Page 3 Empty Re: What was your bus? Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:18 pm

Yeah, fair enough.

I will happily concede that standing in a rainy bus stop in Daub Hill waiting for the 593 (or whichever bus services that route - no need for clarification, ta) to trundle past so you can tick it off your list as "spotted" is just as much fun as fishing for Grouper off the back of a boat in the Caribbean.

You've got me there.

44What was your bus? - Page 3 Empty Re: What was your bus? Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:21 pm

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Gave me a chuckle that. Very Happy

In all honesty I can't stand buses or fishing either but trains on the other hand...

Always loved them InterCity 125's in the swallow livery! Razz

45What was your bus? - Page 3 Empty Re: What was your bus? Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:33 pm

Kp swallows livery

Theres a surprise

46What was your bus? - Page 3 Empty Re: What was your bus? Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:36 pm

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

y2johnny wrote:Kp swallows livery

Theres a surprise
affraid

What was your bus? - Page 3 2D-019-003

Just look at the style and colours of the train, just fantastic.

I had the fantastic opportunity last year to visit the train museum in York last year where they had one of these.

Was an absolute dream come true although it wasn't in my favourite colours!

47What was your bus? - Page 3 Empty Re: What was your bus? Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:48 pm

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

Breadman wrote:
bwfc71 wrote:Talking of buses- Rotala, the company that owns Preston Bus and South Lancs Travel (now called Diamond Buses North West) and just bought Wigan Coachways.

It seems to be expanding in this area and hopefully create much needed competition against Worst Bus

I've bitten my tongue all week since this thread was created but I've had a drink now so it's coming out.

A thread about which bus you used to catch?

Seriously....?

Is this where we are now?

It makes the Walking Dead thread on "that other site" seem like compelling reading by comparison.

Mike Smith's laughing at us.

Tbh I've been thinking the same. I didn't have the heart to say it seeing as so many people are clearly enjoying the bus chatter. Each to their own I suppose.

48What was your bus? - Page 3 Empty Re: What was your bus? Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:54 pm

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

8 going to the match Swinton to Burnden Park, or No 12 if going to town and not in a rush

49What was your bus? - Page 3 Empty Re: What was your bus? Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:06 pm

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

A video to go with the thread  Very Happy

50What was your bus? - Page 3 Empty Re: What was your bus? Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:07 pm

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

DIt looks like I can see drums Banksy, does it have any relevance to this thread?

Does it not belong in the music thread instead?  :cop:

51What was your bus? - Page 3 Empty Re: What was your bus? Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:11 pm

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

karlypants wrote:DIt looks like I can see drums Banksy, does it have any relevance to this thread?

Does it not belong in the music thread instead?  :cop:

Give  it a listen.

52What was your bus? - Page 3 Empty Re: What was your bus? Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:03 pm

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The 575

53What was your bus? - Page 3 Empty Re: What was your bus? Sat Aug 06, 2016 11:25 pm

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Breadman wrote:Yeah, fair enough.

I will happily concede that standing in a rainy bus stop in Daub Hill waiting for the 593 (or whichever bus services that route - no need for clarification, ta) to trundle past so you can tick it off your list as "spotted" is just as much fun as fishing for Grouper off the back of a boat in the Caribbean.

You've got me there.

Either routes 551, 553, 559 or 582

54What was your bus? - Page 3 Empty Re: What was your bus? Sun Aug 07, 2016 12:07 am

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

The 501 for getting into Bolton and back.

When I was little I remember there also being a 502 which I think went to Barrow Bridge unlike the 501, but they eventually scrapped that.

55What was your bus? - Page 3 Empty Re: What was your bus? Sun Aug 07, 2016 12:07 am

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You've got me there.
Who gives a shit what you like, seriously?

You post the most boring shit on here, we just don't read it, or skip through the bullshit.

Why don't you just ditto? Instead of making a bigger fool of yourself?

A little bit of advice there.

Thick cunt!

56What was your bus? - Page 3 Empty Re: What was your bus? Sun Aug 07, 2016 12:44 am

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

bwfc71 wrote:

You've got me there.

Either routes 551, 553, 559 or 582

It used to be the number 80 when I was a lad and we used to catch it where the Octagon Car Park is now.

What was your bus? - Page 3 Magee

57What was your bus? - Page 3 Empty Re: What was your bus? Sun Aug 07, 2016 9:29 am

Dunkels King

Dunkels King
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Living between Church Rd and Chorley Old Rd I had plenty of bus options. 501, 502 and 504 then get off at Captains Clough, or 126, 518 and 519 and get off at the bottom end of Captains Clough. The 502 and 504 ran to Barrow Bridge. Not sure if both services ran in the same time period though. For School, I had to change on to the 561 or 562 at Moor Lane. Sometimes we would run down to Crompton Way after school and get (I think) the 511 or 512 which would get to Moss Bank Park a lot quicker than going through town. When I got to the fifth form I started cycling to school instead.

58What was your bus? - Page 3 Empty Re: What was your bus? Sun Aug 07, 2016 11:16 am

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

doffcocker wrote:The 501 for getting into Bolton and back.

When I was little I remember there also being a 502 which I think went to Barrow Bridge unlike the 501, but they eventually scrapped that.

When I was growing up and spent most of my time at Grans, on Arnold Street, we had the 501, 502 and 504.

501 and 504 went the same route to Church Road and then 504 split and wet to Barrow Bridge.

502 wet up Chorley Old Road and then Ivy Road to Church Road, then same route as 504 to Barrow Bridge>

After a while GMT withdrew the 502 and just kept both 501 and 504.

After deregulation in 1986 there was the 501, 502, 503 and 504 - 501 and 503 went from Doffcocker and 502 and 504 from Barrow Bridge.  501 and 504 went to Ringley whilst 502 and 503 terminated at Farnworth all using slightly different routes from Hospital to Farnworth and all were only hourly.

After about 8 month is came down to 501 and 502 both were 30 minute services

Then Ribble started completion with the B1 and B2 circular routes and GM Buses retaliated by making 501 3 times an hour and 502 hourly but only terminating at Farnworth (501, 502 making a 15 minute frequency)

Few years later after First Bus took over GMBuses- they withdrew from the 502 and made 501 every 15 minutes between Doffcocker and Farnworth and Ribble re-routed the B1 and B2 and just made it the B1. Nowadays it is every 10 minutes - whilst Ribble sold it Bolton depot to Blue Bus withdrew the B1 routes.  For a while GM Buses  did have a 520 that replaced the Ribble B1 between Church Road and Hulton but that only last about 10 months.

59What was your bus? - Page 3 Empty Re: What was your bus? Sun Aug 07, 2016 11:20 am

"502 wet (sic) up Chorley Old Road and then Ivy Road to Church Road."

Utter bullshit.

I lived off Ivy Road for years and there has never been a bus route up it.

You are a bus fraud and you've obviously been lying to people for years.

Apologise.

60What was your bus? - Page 3 Empty Re: What was your bus? Sun Aug 07, 2016 1:39 pm

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Breadman wrote:"502 wet (sic) up Chorley Old Road and then Ivy Road to Church Road."

Utter bullshit.

I lived off Ivy Road for years and there has never been a bus route up it.

You are a bus fraud and you've obviously been lying to people for years.

Apologise.

I was at St Josephs primary school, in the 1970's when they originally withdrew the 502 - the one that used Ivy Road.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum