Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Latics full-back Taylor on Wanderers' radar

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Wanderers are in talks to bring Wigan Athletic full-back Andrew Taylor to the Macron Stadium.

Phil Parkinson wants to add some competition for Dean Moxey in the back four and has targeted the 30-year-old former Middlesbrough man as a matter of priority.

Taylor has not been handed a squad number at Wigan this season and is in the final year of his contract.

Wanderers have already sounded out the Football League to sanction the deal, although it is not known at this time whether it will be a loan or a permanent move.

Taylor broke through alongside David Wheater at Boro, where he also won England Under-21 honours.

He moved on to play more than 100 games for Cardiff City before an ill-fated move to the Latics in 2014, where he suffered relegation to League One. The resulting wholesale changes at the DW Stadium left him completely frozen out – and Parkinson is now offering him a chance to revive his career with the Whites.

Though a left-back is number one priority for Wanderers at the moment, the club remains confident it will continue to make signings until the end of the transfer window.

Parkinson wants to boost his attacking options on the wing and up front but is having to be patient as each deal is sanctioned by the Football League, who continue to keep a close eye on the club’s transfer activity after last season’s financial problems.

Zach Clough has been linked with Premier League new boys Middlesbrough and Championship Fulham but the club insist no bids have been received.

Parkinson came to the club this summer with Rob Holding’s move to Arsenal already in process but admits he would be reluctant to see another of the club’s gems moved on.

“I’m very good at not answering my phone when I want to be, especially when it’s a player we don’t want to let go,” he told The Bolton News. “I have a habit of finding bad signal areas at this time of year.

“The chairman spoke to me about Rob Holding when I came in and we knew what his ongoing situation with Arsenal would be like but, of course, I want to keep my best players and especially a goalscorer like Zach because they are very hard to replace.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum