Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Parky tells Wanderers: Get back on the attack

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Phil Parkinson won’t be over-reacting to Wanderers’ problems in front of goal in the last few games.

Though the Whites remain top of League One and unbeaten in seven, three consecutive draws against Charlton, Southend and MK Dons have raised some concern about their ability to kill teams off.

Parkinson’s hopes to call on Zach Clough soon after he stepped up his workload in training after a hamstring injury and also has Gary Madine and Max Clough to follow in the coming weeks.

Walsall are next up, and while the Whites boss wants to see more from his side, he is not about to panic unduly.

“There were a couple of occasions in the MK Dons game where, perhaps, we should have been sharper - Keshi (Anderson) on the break in the first half when Mark (Howard) allowed him to counter with a quick throw, for example. But we didn’t have nearly the number of chances as we did against Southend so I am not overly concerned.”

One option for Parkinson at the Banks’s Stadium could be to bring in Sammy Ameobi, who has been playing catch-up on fitness since his arrival on loan from Tyneside.

“We had a decent spell when Sammy came on, especially when he moved on to the right and looked dangerous cutting in on his left foot,” Parkinson agreed. “He offers a bit of variety up front and can play off either side. He gave us a big lift, I think.

“I’m not too disappointed. We have worked really hard for this start to the season, I’m pleased. When you don’t play at your best it’s important you don’t come away with nothing, and we did that.

“When you add everything up, all the change around in players and the disruption with injuries we’ve had, there has been a lot to contend with and still to be there at this stage of the season is good. And we know we can get better.”

Anderson, on loan from Crystal Palace, endured a difficult afternoon against the Dons, a far cry from his scoring debut against Southend a week earlier.

But Parkinson has every faith the youngster will bounce back quickly.

“He worked hard and it didn’t go for him but strikers have those days and he’ll get back on track,” he said.

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum