Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Beevers happy to show Swindon zero tolerance

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

One-nil to the Wanderers has got a good ring to it, especially if you happen to be a defender.

Mark Beevers would be happy to sneak a win like the one at Swindon every week – though fans who chewed their fingernails to the quick at the County Ground may disagree.

Phil Parkinson’s side did get a lucky break to seal all three points as Brandon Ormonde-Ottewill’s own goal finally broke the stubborn resistance of the Robins’ keeper Lawrence Vigouroux in the 85th minute.

But though the Whites toiled in attack, wasting any number of glorious chances, their defensive effort was simply superb.

Beevers, the big centre-half who has proved Parkinson’s most consistent signing to date, believes it will soon be right at both ends of the pitch.

“I’d take 1-0 every week, to be honest,” he told The Bolton News. “It doesn’t matter how many we score, as long as we keep the back door shut and get the one, we’ll come away with three points.

“We set out to be solid. We knew Swindon would have players floating around in areas which are difficult to mark for defenders.

“Over the course of the 90 we were the better team. Had we only come away with a draw or worse it would have been devastating.

“We organised well, anything they threw at us, we dealt with. And that isn’t just the back four – it’s the lads in front of us as well.

“We’re not even a quarter of the way through the season but this is a good base to work from. The lads feel comfortable.

“Oxford was a bad day at the office but this was a great response – defensively and in attack.

“I’ve said before that not putting chances away is not nearly as alarming as not making them, and it’s only a matter of time before they go in the back of the net.

“Obviously there’s an element of relief but I thought he win was coming. It won’t be long before there’s a goal rout.”

Though Wanderers boast a wealth of experience in defence, their attacking ranks generally have a youthful look about them.

Beevers has tried to lead by example as the likes of Zach Clough, Keshi Anderson, Jamie Proctor and Sammy Ameobi struggle for goals – but feels they will find a solution to their problems sooner rather than later.

“We haven’t really needed to say anything to the younger lads,” he said. “We go out there and play the best we can and I think that rubs off on the rest. There are younger players but lads like Zach have got a fair number of games behind them now, he knows what it’s all about.

“I think there’s a good mix of players in this team now and I think it’s only a matter of time before we gel properly and go on a real winning streak.”

Swindon’s first team coach Neil Embleton was sent out on media duties after manager Luke Williams was called into a meeting with chairman Lee Power.

He was particularly disappointed with Rafael Branco, who was sent off in the 92nd minute for a needless elbow on Lawrie Wilson.

“It is a silly sending-off,” he said. “It shows you that he’s let it get to him but he’s now foolishly going to be missing a number of games. It is something that isn’t acceptable.”

Source

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I heard Madines asked for some bean bags to be put on the pitch for him because his legs ache keep waiting for the ball to come to him.
He has scored 4 goals in 24 games.  :flog:

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I still prefer the Boggers character.

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

je ne sais pas qui `Boggers` est.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

sunlight wrote:je ne sais pas qui `Boggers` est.

Switch over to Google Chrome and go to the Nuts website - it'll probably log you in as Boggers automatically.

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Is there a post from Boggers I can look at?
I dont use chrome.

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I searched  `Boggers` on the site search and have seen that Boggers has over eleven thousand posts. It is not me. I am new here, and I certainly have never done eleven thousand posts on here.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Why do you have the same IP address? Is there another bloke sat on your lap?

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:Why do you have the same IP address? Is there another bloke sat on your lap?
I aint got the same IP address. I aint him. I promise you I am not him.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

They don't share the same IP address love.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:They don't share the same IP address love.

Keep your nose out, I was talking about 'Bolton Bellends'.

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:

You have lost me there. I have no idea what you are talking about with that.

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

sorry, double post there. I am eating Galaxy and watching match at same time, Way too complex.

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

btw you are missing a great game. Pays-Bas v France.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggers was big on European football.

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Mourinhos Pogba Drogbas scored

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]