Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Buried alive!

+3
Angry Dad
Natasha Whittam
Bolton Nuts
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Buried alive! Empty Buried alive! Tue Jul 17 2012, 18:20

Bolton Nuts

Admin

It's rained every day in July where I live - and most of June. Often more torrential than I have ever seen in this country. Just when will it stop?

Anyone on here been flooded? And when will the raining stop? Let's pray for a hot and sunny nuts summer! (what's left of it)

Spare a thought for the elderly couple who were buried alive in a tunnel under a mudslide. Horrid way to go - and it could have been any one of us or our parents.

Buried alive! Article-2174818-14188515000005DC-852_634x472

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2174818/Rosemary-Snell-Couple-lay-buried-car-10-days-caught-landslide-Dorset.html

Last edited by Biggie on Tue Jul 17 2012, 18:22; edited 1 time in total

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

2Buried alive! Empty Re: Buried alive! Tue Jul 17 2012, 18:21

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

My biggest fear in all the world is being buried alive.

3Buried alive! Empty Re: Buried alive! Tue Jul 17 2012, 18:23

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Why?

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

4Buried alive! Empty Re: Buried alive! Tue Jul 17 2012, 18:53

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Natasha Whittam wrote:My biggest fear in all the world is being buried alive.
same here.

5Buried alive! Empty Re: Buried alive! Tue Jul 17 2012, 19:48

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

According to press reports they have only found one body in the car. It looks as if the driver may have got out but is still missing in the mud.

6Buried alive! Empty Re: Buried alive! Tue Jul 17 2012, 20:39

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Biggie wrote:Why?

Isn't it obvious? I can't even watch films about being buried alive. I started a book on holiday and the first scene was someoe getting buried alive. It went in the bin.

7Buried alive! Empty Re: Buried alive! Tue Jul 17 2012, 20:43

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:My biggest fear in all the world is being buried alive.

You would have had a beefer down that Chilean mine with all them swarthy south Americans. You could have had Chilli Dog on tap every night.

8Buried alive! Empty Re: Buried alive! Tue Jul 17 2012, 20:54

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Natasha Whittam wrote:

Isn't it obvious? I can't even watch films about being buried alive. I started a book on holiday and the first scene was someoe getting buried alive. It went in the bin.
What was the book? i did the same thing with one it was some guys stag night and his mates got a coffin and buried him on some waste ground for a laugh then went for a pint but they got killed in a car wreck. Was that the one?.

9Buried alive! Empty Re: Buried alive! Tue Jul 17 2012, 21:01

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Taphophobia.

Buried alive! PrematureBurialPoster

10Buried alive! Empty Re: Buried alive! Tue Jul 17 2012, 21:26

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Sluffy wrote:Taphophobia.

Buried alive! PrematureBurialPoster
Thats wierd i know someone who has a Tap phobia, he,s shit scared of coming across taps where they should not normally be. It started when he was a little kid his mother ( Dont ask) held him over a kitchen sink to pee they were looking at the house for purchase.He saw that there were three taps instead of two the middle one with a pipe going up through the ceiling.It was a few inches higher than the other two which scared him .The lady of the house shouted out dont use the middle tap its the tank tap. They bought the house and he would always skirt round it when going out the back door. one day when he was older he screwed up the guts to turn it on and it spat -banged and brown shit came out he ran like the wind.When he was in junior school he had to tidy up a dark windowless sports room when he moved some cricket pads there was a tap on its own with no sink. He became paralysed and could not talk they had to fetch his mother. To this day he is still scared and i once had to physically get him out of a pub toilet when he was stuck in there fucking frozen staring at a tap halfway up the wall.

11Buried alive! Empty Re: Buried alive! Tue Jul 17 2012, 21:29

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Natasha Whittam wrote:

Unfortunately this means you will not enjoy a great film called The Vanishing (the original 1988 version not the disappointing 1993 American remake) and you probably didn't enjoy Kill Bill Vol 2.

12Buried alive! Empty Re: Buried alive! Tue Jul 17 2012, 21:33

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

xmiles wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:

Unfortunately this means you will not enjoy a great film called The Vanishing (the original 1988 version not the disappointing 1993 American remake) and you probably didn't enjoy Kill Bill Vol 2.

I watched the Vanishing and thought it was a good film. Jeff Bridges played a right psycho. If memory serves me right Sandra Bullock made her big film debut as Kevin Bacon's missing girlfriend.

13Buried alive! Empty Re: Buried alive! Tue Jul 17 2012, 21:39

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I once worked somewhere, where the only tap available for water (for brew ups etc) was in the middle of an office wall - no sink or anything - just chairs tables cabinets, etc - and this tap stuck in the middle of a wall - about chest height too!

Just the one - for cold water.

I guess the tap must have been there first and the room changed into an office sometime afterwards - but I could never understand why there was no protection for the floor - if the tap was there first there must have been a drain or something for it to run into?

I once dropped the kettle trying to fill it up - with the water running as well - made a right mess of the carpet!

Butterfingers me!

14Buried alive! Empty Re: Buried alive! Tue Jul 17 2012, 21:40

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Reebok Trotter wrote:
I watched the Vanishing and thought it was a good film. Jeff Bridges played a right psycho. If memory serves me right Sandra Bullock made her big film debut as Kevin Bacon's missing girlfriend.

Unfortunately they changed the ending on the American version to make it more acceptable to American audiences. The original is far bleaker and I think much more powerful as a result. Interestingly they used the same director for the remake.

15Buried alive! Empty Re: Buried alive! Tue Jul 17 2012, 21:44

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It was well directed. Bridges only took an interest in Bacon when he gave up looking for Sandra and stopped putting up posters.

If he was my teacher I would have slashed his tyres.

16Buried alive! Empty Re: Buried alive! Tue Jul 17 2012, 23:06

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Being buried alive is something I wouldn't even wish on Gary Megson.

Somebody mentioned Kill Bill 2 - LOVE that film, despite the burial.

17Buried alive! Empty Re: Buried alive! Wed Jul 18 2012, 11:10

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Angry Dad wrote:What was the book? i did the same thing with one it was some guys stag night and his mates got a coffin and buried him on some waste ground for a laugh then went for a pint but they got killed in a car wreck. Was that the one?.

Yeah, that's the one. "Dead Simple" by Peter James. I binned it and moved onto his next one, "Looking Good Dead" which was excellent.

18Buried alive! Empty Re: Buried alive! Wed Jul 18 2012, 11:27

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Angry Dad wrote:What was the book? i did the same thing with one it was some guys stag night and his mates got a coffin and buried him on some waste ground for a laugh then went for a pint but they got killed in a car wreck. Was that the one?.

Yeah, that's the one. "Dead Simple" by Peter James. I binned it and moved onto his next one, "Looking Good Dead" which was excellent.
Thats the one i did the same i have all his books but that one. I might get my nerve up and buy it again its stupid to let your fear rule you.

19Buried alive! Empty Re: Buried alive! Wed Jul 18 2012, 11:31

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Angry Dad wrote:Thats the one i did the same i have all his books but that one. I might get my nerve up and buy it again its stupid to let your fear rule you.

Of course you're right, there is no reason to let this fear rule me. But if I read the book I'll start thinking about it a lot - and I won't sleep!

20Buried alive! Empty Re: Buried alive! Wed Jul 18 2012, 11:40

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Angry Dad wrote:Thats the one i did the same i have all his books but that one. I might get my nerve up and buy it again its stupid to let your fear rule you.

Of course you're right, there is no reason to let this fear rule me. But if I read the book I'll start thinking about it a lot - and I won't sleep!
maybe read it in the day with a couple of drinks he probably gets out anyway.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum