Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Mark Beevers lauds Wanderers support as "12th man"

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Mark Beevers was full of praise for Wanderers’ travelling fans as Phil Parkinson’s side beat Bury on Monday night.

Zach Clough’s brace saw the Whites clinch both a fifth successive win and clean sheet as Bolton ended their 87-year wait for a league win at Gigg Lane.

And with over 3,000 away supporters attending the local derby, Beevers heralded the Trotters’ support after the game.

“When the fans really get behind us, they are a real force,” the defender told bwfc.co.uk. “They are like a 12th man.”

“In a few away games, tonight especially, it has felt as if we were the home team.

“It is a pleasing one for us to get that win here for the fans. 87 years is a long time. I think we were convincing winners and did really well tonight.

“A message to the fans, if they can do that every week it gives us a real lift, both home and away.

“I think sometimes it can intimidate the opposition and hopefully it can spur us on to do what we need to do on the pitch. Thankfully that’s what happened tonight.”

Beevers continued: “People will look at us and know what we are all about. I think defensively we’ve been really solid in the last five games hence the reason we’ve got five clean sheets.

“From back to front we are really solid as a unit. We have really dangerous players within our team, so if we stay defensively strong we know we’ve got a chance of winning the game.

“There is confidence oozing out of the squad at the moment, but we are not going to get complacent.

“The manager said it before the game, go out there with a confidence but not an arrogance. We showed that we can play at times, but also showed that we are up for a fight as well.

“We’re second now and it’s an incentive for us to stay there. It’s exactly where we want to be and it’s up to us to make sure we stay there.”

Source

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i haven't been to an away game for ages, i'd forgotten how good our fans are, they never stopped singing all match and it was amazing atmosphere

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Norpig wrote:i haven't been to an away game for ages, i'd forgotten how good our fans are, they never stopped singing all match and it was amazing atmosphere
What baffles me is the volume and variety of songs away which all disappears at home apart from the odd we are the one and only wanderers which soon gets drowned out by the drummers with hand Tourette's

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Norpig wrote:i haven't been to an away game for ages, i'd forgotten how good our fans are, they never stopped singing all match and it was amazing atmosphere

The early goal and the fact we'd won 4/5 games on the bounce helped.

Absolutely unrecognisable atmosphere to that of the Rochdale match.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum