Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ken Anderson - update.

+31
BoltonTillIDie
wanderlust
Wanderers for 45
y2johnny
Growler
luckyPeterpiper
Bollotom2014
Ten Bobsworth
Cajunboy
bryan458
Leeds_Trotter
finlaymcdanger
Soul Kitchen
Chairmanda
Bwfc1958
MartinBWFC
Kane57
Boggersbelief
terenceanne
Norpig
observer
Sluffy
karlypants
gloswhite
whatsgoingon
Fabians Right Peg
Natasha Whittam
King Bill
Bread2.0
boltonbonce
rammywhite
35 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 29 ... 50  Next

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 50]

141Ken Anderson - update. - Page 8 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Thu May 11 2017, 15:08

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

In relation to the recent news about winding up petitions being issued against the Club and Burnden Leisure, I would like to be as open and transparent as possible. 

Firstly, for the record, the SCC winding up petition referred to in the media was paid and settled some time ago. SCC are paid up to date including the final game of the season. 

It is important to note that the dispute at the time wasn’t solely about money owed to them but their obligations under a capital contributions agreement.

We now have a good working relationship with SCC and recently signed off a £150,000 Pure Bar refurbishment programme with them commencing in June as well as other capital contributions for the business.

The Burnden Leisure winding up petition has also been dealt with. The club HMRC winding up petition is currently being dealt with and has been delayed because of the complications of the BluMarble action against Dean Holdsworth’s company Sports Shield BWFC. 

I am, as previously stated, optimistic on the outcome of both of these matters. 

I would also like to reiterate that when required to do so, l have personally financially funded the club in the past and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future as I did with last month’s salaries and other creditor payments.

I was disappointed to read the statement issued by the Supporters' Trust this morning. I received a text message from them at 10.48pm last night asking for my comments. Despite me attempting to contact them at 7:43am this morning, they went ahead and issued it before I had chance to speak with them.

I think it is unfair and without foundation to say that the club has 'lurched from one crisis to another.’ l would say that based on where we were on and off the pitch at the end of last season, when no one gave us a chance of surviving, let alone being automatically promoted at our first attempt, all in all it has been a successful year for the club, its players, staff and supporters. 

It is true to say that the Supporters Trust have made offers to assist financially but it has always been with various covenants and equity demands. 

As an example, we recently asked if they could assist us in funding some works the manager had requested on one of the pitches at the training ground to bring it up to the stadium standard at a cost of circa £140,000. 

They responded they would give it consideration in return for 10% equity in the club and board representation. This of course was politely declined. 

They did also say that they did not currently have the funds to assist in any case and would need to petition their members for the funds and approval

I have never said outside money is not required. Indeed, l have always made it absolutely clear that we would welcome new equity funding on the right terms and are currently holding discussions with potential investors along these lines.  

If the Trust believe they can assist in bringing new equity to the club on commercial terms then my door is always open for further discussions. 

I write these notes following confirmation that five players will officially leave the club when their contracts expire on June 30, with one other being given the opportunity to speak to interested parties.

The end of the season always comes with a tinge of sadness and difficult decisions have to be made in relation to releasing players, while it has been made even harder this year in the sense that they have helped us to achieve promotion.

You have to think with your head and not your heart however and I am sure you will all join me in wishing the players who will be leaving us, both first team and development-wise, the very best in their future endeavours. 

With them leaving, it will allow us to recruit new players in the summer and in the past few months, there has been a lot of hard work, long hours and travelling put in by our scouting department to ensure that we are competitive in the Sky Bet Championship next term.

We are also looking to negotiate with a number of out-of-contract players and their agents in the coming weeks to ensure that our first team and youth sides are as strong as they can possibly be come August.

While it was important that we savoured the success of our promotion, it is now time to move on and focus on next season and I am holding meetings with the management and recruitment teams looking ahead to the new campaign and what we will require to make sure that we are there or thereabouts come the end of 2017/18.

These meetings will continue throughout the summer as we continue to strengthen the squad. 

We must not underestimate the difficulty of the challenges which lie ahead of us and the Sky Bet Championship has certainly moved on in our year away from the division, particularly in regards to the relegated teams coming down from the Premier League alongside television monies and parachute payments.

With the capable and fully focused management team and supporter base we have here at the club however, I believe that we will be in a very strong position to compete next season.

Our recruitment meanwhile will be based on a sustainable financial model both on and off the pitch with a view to putting the recent financial problems well and truly behind us in the not to distant future.  

I am currently actively working on assisting in the refinancing of the Sports Shield BWFC/BluMarble loan and the refinancing of Whites Hotel. Alongside this, we are negotiating raising additional equity investment as well to ensure that we will have a competitive squad but at the same time, not repeating the mistakes of the past. 

As I have said previously, we must now grasp the opportunity to put the club in a sustainable financial position and this is the challenge for everyone involved with the club. 

Although it will not be easy, it is without doubt an achievable task, but in the short term it will require a great deal of prudence and hard work in targeting additional revenues through commercial and sponsorship opportunities and controlling and reducing the unnecessary and excessive expenditure commitments from the past alongside ensuring we continue to get our supporters through the turnstiles and behind the team as they did all last season. 

There is also a great deal of work going on behind-the-scenes at Macron Stadium and up at the training ground at the moment to ensure that our facilities remain at the high standards we have maintained during our year in Sky Bet League One.

We were delighted meanwhile to announce a pre-season fixture against Stoke City on July 29 earlier this week. We are very pleased to have been able to secure top-flight opposition and their quality will allow us to judge where we are ahead of our league campaign which will kick off just a week later.

We have already had a large number of supporters sign up for 2017/18 season tickets, while I am sure that we will be welcoming many more of you to Macron Stadium come August.

The club’s early purchase deadline is on June 10 and I hope you will all take advantage before this date to get the best possible price for following the team as we return to the second tier of English football and play your part in ensuring that we can recruit the highest calibre of players possible within our means.

Please visit Bolton Central in person, phone 0844 871 2932 or CLICK HERE to sign up and be a part of history with us once again.

Finally, I have been pleased to see many of you pre-ordering our promotion commemorating book ‘Wanderers Return’ and also submitting your logo designs for our 20th anniversary here at Macron Stadium.

I have always been a huge advocate of making you, the supporters, feel as though you are part of the fabric of the football club as, after all, without fans, there would be no Bolton Wanderers.

To pre-order the book and have your name printed on the Roll of Honour, please CLICK HERE and order before 5pm today while for more details on our logo competition, CLICK HERE.

Thank you once again for your continued backing.

Kind regards,

Ken

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

142Ken Anderson - update. - Page 8 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Thu May 11 2017, 16:02

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Hahaha the fucking ST is a joke! They have valued our club at £1.4m, god knows what they are smoking.

143Ken Anderson - update. - Page 8 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Thu May 11 2017, 23:27

Kane57

Kane57
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Leeds_Trotter wrote:Hahaha the fucking ST is a joke! They have valued our club at £1.4m, god knows what they are smoking.

Not strictly true - they've offered a low-ball amount to a bloke and a club who are struggling financially. It's not as straightforward as assuming they value the club at £1.4m whatever the maths might suggest.

144Ken Anderson - update. - Page 8 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Thu May 11 2017, 23:39

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Kane57 wrote:
Leeds_Trotter wrote:Hahaha the fucking ST is a joke! They have valued our club at £1.4m, god knows what they are smoking.

Not strictly true - they've offered a low-ball amount to a bloke and a club who are struggling financially. It's not as straightforward as assuming they value the club at £1.4m whatever the maths might suggest.
Well of course it is. Any business owner would see it that way. They want a 10% stake of the club for £140,000, that to me sounds like they are valuing to club at £1.4m Doesn't matter if the club is struggling financially. Our assets are worth more than £1.4m combined. We sold Clough for more than that.

145Ken Anderson - update. - Page 8 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Thu May 11 2017, 23:42

Kane57

Kane57
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

That's what I was saying. If you were buying something and you knew the owner was on the bones of his arse you'd be daft to offer full whack. Who knows what the new buyers have offered Ken, but the ST have made a huge error here.

146Ken Anderson - update. - Page 8 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Fri May 12 2017, 01:47

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Kane57 wrote:That's what I was saying. If you were buying something and you knew the owner was on the bones of his arse you'd be daft to offer full whack. Who knows what the new buyers have offered Ken, but the ST have made a huge error here.

You don't shaft the club when you are in existence to be the voice of the fans!!!!

What world are they on?

Do they truly believe that is what the fans want - to fuck over the club when it is on its arse simply to grab a part of it for themselves!?

They've lost all credibility and if they were honourable they should resign.

I won't be holding my breath though - I doubt anybody else will either!

147Ken Anderson - update. - Page 8 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Fri May 12 2017, 08:37

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Well I for one think Ken has done a fantastic job so far. Considering the mess he inherited, it hasn't been easy for him and there are still many hurdles to jump, but I believe he is working really hard to make us more sustainable in the long run.

148Ken Anderson - update. - Page 8 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Fri May 12 2017, 13:12

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Leeds_Trotter wrote:Well I for one think Ken has done a fantastic job so far. Considering the mess he inherited, it hasn't been easy for him and there are still many hurdles to jump, but I believe he is working really hard to make us more sustainable in the long run.
I agree but it's clear we're far from being out of the woods yet. That said, there's nothing to suggest that Ken isn't the guy to lead us out of our troubles. I just don't think that we should expect to spend a lot of money on the team in the short term.

149Ken Anderson - update. - Page 8 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Fri May 12 2017, 20:47

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

If I'd known that £140K would buy 10% of the club, I*'d have offered it myself. However, I think its a despicable move, and shows what a bunch of wankers the ST are.

150Ken Anderson - update. - Page 8 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Sat May 13 2017, 12:10

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Well what a surprise!

Sluffy wrote:
It's pretty clear Iles has little or no insider information from within the club and thus depends to a greater or lesser extent to what the ST and LoV feed him.

Once all the financial gubbins have finally been sorted out and as long as Anderson remains in charge thereafter, it would not surprise me one bit if Iles is distanced from the club in a similar manner as to how unwelcomed he was under Eddie Davies regime.

If so he's made his own rod for his back by being unable or unwilling to remain impartial from the 'ownership' desire of the ST board members and the 'click bait' revenue requirements of the LoV site.

The man is a fool to himself imo.

As you may have read in The Bolton News today, Phil Parkinson, Tim Breaker, Lee Anderson, Paul Aldridge and I all met in London yesterday to discuss next season's squad. 

I cannot tell you what a breath of fresh air it was to get back to football matters. 

Furthermore, we are all singing from the same hymn sheet in respect of budgets and where we want to be next season and the hard work of building a new squad is already underway, as you will see, as changes and additions to the squad are announced over the coming weeks. 

I am a great believer in the old adage that 'yesterday's news is tomorrow's fish and chip paper' that and that alone is why my notes on Thursday were changed/updated on Friday and we moved on. 

It had nothing to do with 'legal vetting' or any other sinister issues whatsoever. I had made my views absolutely clear and it was time to move on. 

Unfortunately, this has proved difficult as the latest comments from Marc Iles concerning Dean Holdsworth and BluMarble are once again wide of the mark and I don't understand why he doesn't contact me before publishing his stories for clarification.

Normally speaking, I wouldn't seek to justify myself but the fact is that the agreement between Dean and myself was completed and substantial monies changed hands. 

There was a second agreement in respect of some more of Dean's shares and it is this agreement that is currently being delayed due to the BluMarble matters, which l would again point out relate to Sports Shield BWFC and not the club. 

I agree with Marc that the club's statements 'need to be unimpeachable'. Hopefully, he will heed his own advice going forward, if his columns are to be regarded as a definitive source of information.

I fully endorse Marc's comments - 'opinion is fine, so long as Wanderers' fans view it as such. Columns are entertaining, so long as they do not replace the scrutiny of the press. Openness is a two way street.

Never has a truer word been spoken. Let's hope he practises what he preaches going forward and seeks out the facts before making statements that turn out to be wide of the mark

This week has seen a great deal of complimentary comments over social media and a number of heartfelt emails/letters have been sent into the club which l am truly grateful and appreciative of. 

They make all the hard work that the management, players, staff and support you, the fans, have given over the last year or so worthwhile. 

As I said at the beginning of these notes yesterday, our promotion winning game against Peterborough United was a breath of fresh air and l look forward to sharing many more days like it with all of you as we move forward and hopefully get this great club back to where it belongs.

Kind regards,

Ken

151Ken Anderson - update. - Page 8 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Sat May 13 2017, 20:08

:rofl: i know to some it might be a bit to much information we are now getting especially as we are used to sweet FA  in the past, but, Ken Anderson is great.  If someone is being a bellend like the trust or iles or lov or whoever, he just tells it like it is.  And in the past, due to the lack of communication, we would of likely taken what iles, lov or the trust where saying  (maybe not the trust) as what is actually going on. I think Ken has been as open as he can be.

152Ken Anderson - update. - Page 8 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Sun May 14 2017, 08:11

Kane57

Kane57
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I do laugh every time I read that 'click bait requirements' line

153Ken Anderson - update. - Page 8 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Sun May 14 2017, 09:39

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The important thing is that KA and Parky have apparently agreed a budget to work within the current finances. Unfortunately we won't be told what that is so there will be no frame of reference for all the wild speculation that inevitably goes on over the summer months.
In the short term, they'll have to renegotiate the contracts of the current players they want to keep so that in itself will be informative as the club's objective will be to secure those players at the lowest possible outlay in order to save money for new signing wages. Let's hope the likes of Wheater and Spearing don't hold us to ransom now that they are in a relatively strong negotiating position otherwise the team as a whole would be less likely to be able to bring in the quality we need in the positions we need to improve in and at a price we can afford.

154Ken Anderson - update. - Page 8 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Sun May 14 2017, 10:37

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Kane57 wrote:I do laugh every time I read that 'click bait requirements' line

And I laughed when you went rushing off to Marc Iles to grass me up to him on twitter.

Christ Chris how old are you?

Shouldn't you have left name calling and snitching to teacher behind when you left nursery school?

Seems though I was spot on about how Anderson would perceive him as subsequent events have now proved!

You've also had me laughing again with your claim over on ww that the 'top brass' at the ST have requested an urgent meeting with you today, presumably to discuss how their image and that of the ST is being viewed.

The ST seeking help and advise from the click bait master.

You couldn't make such stuff up!

I'm still chuckling now.

:biggrin:

155Ken Anderson - update. - Page 8 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Sun May 14 2017, 10:53

Sluffy wrote:
Kane57 wrote:I do laugh every time I read that 'click bait requirements' line

And I laughed when you went rushing off to Marc Iles to grass me up to him on twitter.

Christ Chris how old are you?

Shouldn't you have left name calling and snitching to teacher behind when you left nursery school?

Seems though I was spot on about how Anderson would perceive him as subsequent events have now proved!

You've also had me laughing again with your claim over on ww that the 'top brass' at the ST have requested an urgent meeting with you today, presumably to discuss how their image and that of the ST is being viewed.

The ST seeking help and advise from the click bait master.

You couldn't make such stuff up!

I'm still chuckling now.

:biggrin:

Must be struggling

156Ken Anderson - update. - Page 8 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Sun May 14 2017, 12:57

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Todays update -

Over the past couple of days I have written columns to clarify some inaccurate points that have been raised in relation to off the field matters.

For now, I want the focus to be on the football and over the course of this week and next, I hope to be making several important and positive announcements.

I believe now is the time to focus on the football and for us all to get behind Phil and his team as they look to build a squad to compete in the Sky Bet Championship this coming season.

We have already had a large number of supporters sign up for 2017/18 season tickets, and I can't wait to welcome you all to Macron Stadium come August.

The club’s early purchase deadline is on June 10 and I hope you will all take advantage before this date to get the best possible price for following the team as we return to the second tier of English football and play your part in ensuring that we can recruit the highest calibre of players possible within our means.

Please visit Bolton Central in person, phone 0844 871 2932 or CLICK HERE to sign up and be a part of history with us once again.

Kind regards,

Ken

157Ken Anderson - update. - Page 8 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Sun May 14 2017, 13:08

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Tweet from Iles -

KA's latest column. I asked for clarification on points he considered were "wide of the mark". Request was declined.

Sluffy wrote:
It's pretty clear Iles has little or no insider information from within the club and thus depends to a greater or lesser extent to what the ST and LoV feed him.

Once all the financial gubbins have finally been sorted out and as long as Anderson remains in charge thereafter, it would not surprise me one bit if Iles is distanced from the club in a similar manner as to how unwelcomed he was under Eddie Davies regime.

If so he's made his own rod for his back by being unable or unwilling to remain impartial from the 'ownership' desire of the ST board members and the 'click bait' revenue requirements of the LoV site.

The man is a fool to himself imo.

:whistle:

158Ken Anderson - update. - Page 8 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Sun May 14 2017, 18:13

Kane57

Kane57
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Happily share the messages from ST with you Sluffy if you want to get in touch.

159Ken Anderson - update. - Page 8 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Sun May 14 2017, 18:24

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Kane57 wrote:Happily share the messages from ST with you Sluffy if you want to get in touch.

Why?

Aren't they between you and them?

If you want to send anything to me then please feel free to personal message me them, although if the ST wanted me to know why can't they simply get in touch with me themselves?

Thank you anyway.

160Ken Anderson - update. - Page 8 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Sun May 14 2017, 19:35

Kane57

Kane57
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

To prove that the request was made. If you don't want to then that's fine.

No idea if they want to get in touch with you.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 29 ... 50  Next

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum