Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ken Anderson - update.

+31
BoltonTillIDie
wanderlust
Wanderers for 45
y2johnny
Growler
luckyPeterpiper
Bollotom2014
Ten Bobsworth
Cajunboy
bryan458
Leeds_Trotter
finlaymcdanger
Soul Kitchen
Chairmanda
Bwfc1958
MartinBWFC
Kane57
Boggersbelief
terenceanne
Norpig
observer
Sluffy
karlypants
gloswhite
whatsgoingon
Fabians Right Peg
Natasha Whittam
King Bill
Bread2.0
boltonbonce
rammywhite
35 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 25 ... 47, 48, 49, 50  Next

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Go down  Message [Page 48 of 50]

941Ken Anderson - update. - Page 48 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Thu Jun 07 2018, 10:01

y2johnny

y2johnny
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Sluffy wrote:Fair enough.

Are you still massively involved in playing Football Manager or have you finally grown up yet?
Nowt wrong with playing games sluffy. Most 80s and 90s kids who are now adults play them.  We grew up with them and now they cater more for adults than kids. 

I have a football manager app on my phone for when I'm bored.

942Ken Anderson - update. - Page 48 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Thu Jun 07 2018, 10:10

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

y2johnny wrote:

Are you still massively involved in playing Football Manager or have you finally grown up yet?
Nowt wrong with playing games sluffy. Most 80s and 90s kids who are now adults play them.  We grew up with them and now they cater more for adults than kids. 

There's a difference with playing it when you have some free time and then shunning spending time with his kids to play on it due to his addiction. Very Happy

943Ken Anderson - update. - Page 48 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Thu Jun 07 2018, 10:26

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

karlypants wrote:
y2johnny wrote:

There's a difference with playing it when you have some free time and then shunning spending time with his kids to play on it due to his addiction. Very Happy
As much as I don't get on with Mr Manning, saying he ignores his kids to play computer games is a bit too far KP. I doubt that's very much the case.

944Ken Anderson - update. - Page 48 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Thu Jun 07 2018, 10:27

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Sluffy is a top poster but occasionally lets himself down by having an unnecessary strop such as that at 18.32 yesterday.It is posts like that one which enabled him to claim the most annoying poster of the year award

Getting back to Ken, I would expect some sort of statement from Ken soon given that we have just released the central midfield.Season ticket holders probably want some reassurance that we'll be getting a new midfield.

945Ken Anderson - update. - Page 48 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Thu Jun 07 2018, 10:54

karlypants wrote:
y2johnny wrote:

You really are a nob, what sort of an accusation is that to make about someone you dont even know. An inane smiley face doesn’t excuse that.

946Ken Anderson - update. - Page 48 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Thu Jun 07 2018, 10:56

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Not many adults on here this morning. :whistle:

947Ken Anderson - update. - Page 48 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Thu Jun 07 2018, 10:57

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Getting back to old times this forum. Love it

948Ken Anderson - update. - Page 48 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Thu Jun 07 2018, 11:30

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:Getting back to old times this forum. Love it
lol!

949Ken Anderson - update. - Page 48 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Thu Jun 07 2018, 11:36

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Growler wrote:Sluffy is a top poster but occasionally lets himself down by having an unnecessary strop such as that at 18.32 yesterday.It is posts like that one which enabled him to claim the most annoying poster of the year award

Getting back to Ken, I would expect some sort of statement from Ken soon given that we have just released the central midfield.Season ticket holders probably want some reassurance that we'll be getting a new midfield.

Thank you for the somewhat backhanded compliment Growler but I still stand by what I said on my post you refer to.

Several of us run Nuts simply for a bit of amusement and a shared interest in following the Wanderers.

Non of us are compelled to give of our time (or money) to keep Nuts going and we ask nothing of those who view or post on here.

We have prided ourselves on having a very free and easy style and allow most things on here - even people abusing us.

At the end of the day it is all meaningless, just words on the internet written by anonymous strangers to each other.  Nuts like football is all about the 'here and now', the anticipation building towards or next match, the sharing of the game with each other at match time on Chatbox, and the joy of the win (or the dissection of the defeat) afterwards.

We all want to hear and see breaking news at the club and we all have opinions of what is right and wrong with things - clearly not all of us seeing things the same way all the time!

So to have someone who clearly doesn't give a fuck about anyone else on here, who doesn't share match streams even though he knows the rest of us only have Radio Nuts to follow the game on, and often reads articles from the Bolton News to comment about on here yet can't be arsed to link to it (and thus having some other mug like me having to go to the trouble of finding it so as to post it up so the rest of us can see it also) doesn't sit well with me.  The 'all in this togetherness' that being a fan of a club is all about to most of us - the comradery of sharing the highs and the lows our club goes through - is clearly absent from him.  He gives nothing to the rest of us.

However he is quite free to act in a way that he chooses.

And of course so am I.

As far as I'm concerned I gave a perfectly reasonable reply to him in what I said.

My question as to 'Why would we NOT have posted up an Anderson statement if there had been one?' and the 'Why would you not check on the clubs various official social media sites if you did think we had missed one?' were totally fair and reasonable comment I think most would agree with.

As for his obviously fake attempt to be 'pals' with me, I simply set him straight on how I view friendship.

If people (the usual suspects) want to make a big deal about that, then that's up to them.

I'm certainly not the ones pathetic enough to specially log into the forum to post against me in a meaningless popularity contest, nor am I the one who has been childish and stupid enough to have gone far to far on social media to have had solicitors letters sent to me.

It's only the internet remember, it isn't real life, and I'm not the selfish sod who doesn't share with his peers nor the manchild in his thirties who is still to mentally grow up.

950Ken Anderson - update. - Page 48 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Thu Jun 07 2018, 11:40

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bolton stayed up. World cups around the corner and sun's out. Fooking brilliant. Just need Scott, Magoo and bread back now

951Ken Anderson - update. - Page 48 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Thu Jun 07 2018, 12:09

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:Bolton stayed up. World cups around the corner and sun's out. Fooking brilliant. Just need Scott, Magoo and bread back now
 Boggers i agree with you entirely  Very Happy

952Ken Anderson - update. - Page 48 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Thu Jun 07 2018, 12:26

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote: Just need Scott, Magoo and bread back now
A new owner with proper money to invest would be nice.

953Ken Anderson - update. - Page 48 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Thu Jun 07 2018, 12:33

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote:Bolton stayed up. World cups around the corner and sun's out. Fooking brilliant. Just need Scott, Magoo and bread back now
Are we having a World Cup sweep?

And who are Scott,Magoo and Bread? Should I know them?

954Ken Anderson - update. - Page 48 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Thu Jun 07 2018, 12:33

y2johnny

y2johnny
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Norpig wrote:
That would be good, also AD hasnt posted for a bit :0)

Oi Norpig, you not seen the joke thread :whistle:

955Ken Anderson - update. - Page 48 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Thu Jun 07 2018, 12:40

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Don't think Breaders will come back after I set fire to his chip van. He was furious,especially when he tried to put the fire out himself,and found his hosepipe wasn't long enough.

956Ken Anderson - update. - Page 48 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Thu Jun 07 2018, 12:52

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

boltonbonce wrote:
Norpig wrote:
Are we having a World Cup sweep?

And who are Scott,Magoo and Bread? Should I know them?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

957Ken Anderson - update. - Page 48 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Thu Jun 07 2018, 13:11

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

y2johnny wrote:
Norpig wrote:

Just seen it you cheeky bugger  Very Happy

For the record if i did crack one off as often as people think, then i would need counselling i reckon.

958Ken Anderson - update. - Page 48 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Thu Jun 07 2018, 13:12

y2johnny

y2johnny
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Norpig wrote:
y2johnny wrote:
Norpig wrote:

Just seen it you cheeky bugger  Very Happy

For the record if i did crack one off as often as people think, then i would need counselling i reckon.
Ypu HANDsome bugger you :rofl:

959Ken Anderson - update. - Page 48 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Thu Jun 07 2018, 13:21

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

As my dispute with Paypal is still ongoing, count me out of the sweep.

960Ken Anderson - update. - Page 48 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Thu Jun 07 2018, 13:38

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

King Ken is back  Very Happy

There is a perception among many people that during the summer months football clubs shut up shop and everybody goes on holiday.

In all honesty, nothing could be further from the truth, especially here at Bolton Wanderers and Bolton Whites Hotel.

The ground works at our training ground in Lostock and at the stadium have been completed and I must thank the ground staff and all involved for their hard work. It’s important that the players in all our age groups have the best facilities possible at their disposal which will allow them to train and prepare for games.  We will always continue to invest in our facilities.

Behind the scenes, our scouting team have been working non-stop in their pursuit to identify possible recruits who will be the right fit for the club.

It’s not a simple case of identifying a player, ringing him and his agent and then signing the deal. We do a lot of due diligence on how he can improve the squad, what his character and personality is like and then work out a deal that will be in the best interests for the club.  

I’m of the view that we do all our business behind closed doors and then talk about it once it has been fully completed. While I understand that speculation creates a lot of excitement, especially during the summer, I don’t think that rumours are particularly helpful for all concerned.

Both the manager and I agree that the Sky Bet Championship this coming campaign will quite possibly be the toughest one on record. Considering the calibre of the teams that have come down from the Premier League and those who have been promoted from League One, the quality will be certainly dialled up by a few notches.  We only need to look at Wolves, Derby and Middlesbrough, to name but three, to see how much money was spent by the bigger clubs last campaign. I fully expect this pattern to continue into next season.

As you will have already read, we had to make some very tough decisions by not offering new deals to some of the players. These weren’t done lightly and we’ve got to ensure that the club progresses each year. As I have mentioned, this coming season will be even tougher than last year so we will be ensuring that our squad is strengthened accordingly. It is our overall plan to reduce the average age of our squad going forward but I want to make it clear that we will also consider recruiting experienced players if they still have the levels of fitness required.

I’d like to wish all those who have left us the very best for the future and to thank them for their contributions to the club.

We were really pleased that Ben Alnwick signed a new deal to keep him at the club for the next two years. I believe that Ben was one of the best goalkeepers in the division last season and he was our stand out performer. That we have secured his services for another two seasons, despite strong interest from other clubs, shows how much we have come on as a club over the past couple of years.

It is no secret that we are being approached all the time by parties looking to invest in the club and I have always made it clear that if anything does happen in this regard then it will only be done if it’s in the best long-term interests for Bolton Wanderers. We have held and are continuing to have talks with interested parties. Our supporters will be among the first to know should anything happen.

I am fortunate to be the custodian of this proud and historic football club and until such time that changes I will continue to work diligently to ensure that we continue to make progress on and off the pitch, but I will continue to be prudent and run the club on a commercial and financially sustainable basis, as we do not wish to encounter the same mistakes of the past and incur the same type of problems that Aston Villa now appear to find themselves in.

Some of our pre-season fixtures have been confirmed so please keep an eye out on the club’s website and social media as we will add to these as and when new fixtures are confirmed. CLICK HERE to view the latest, confirmed pre-season fixtures.

I’m a firm believer that clubs don’t always need to go overseas to get the right preparation. Training camps abroad can provide distractions and don’t always offer the ideal conditions for what clubs can expect over the course of the season. There is also a growing trend among a number of clubs to remain in the British Isles during the summer, although I fully understand the commercial logic of why Premier League clubs go overseas to increase their followings.

With that in mind, we’ll be travelling up to Scotland later in the summer for several competitive matches. Details of the fixtures have yet to be finalised and we shall publish them on our digital channels.

The early bird season ticket deadline is fast approaching and sales are going really well, so I’d like to thank all those of you who have renewed and those of you who have bought them. The cash flow benefits to the club at this time of the year are enormous.

The deadline to buy them at the best possible price is Saturday 16 June. Please CLICK HERE for more information.

The brand new home kit will be released shortly, so please keep an eye on the website for more details of how to buy them. I must say that the new home and away shirts look fantastic and I cannot wait to see the lads wear them in August!

Of course, we’ve got three major events taking place at Macron Stadium before a football is kicked and that is why this year we have decided not to have a home friendly fixture.

Concerts return to Bolton in the guise of Little Mix and The Killers, while we are absolutely privileged to be staging both Rugby League Challenge Cup semi-finals on Sunday 5 August in a double header – the first time that this has happened.

Events of this magnitude are putting us back on the map as a venue and I am looking forward to attending them all. Hopefully, I will see many of you at them too.

Ken

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 48 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 25 ... 47, 48, 49, 50  Next

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum