Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton prepare for a potentially busy transfer deadline day

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Business is far from done as Wanderers head into the final day of the transfer window, with Phil Parkinson hopeful of adding at least one new name to his squad.

Chris Long’s loan signing from Burnley was confirmed yesterday morning – effectively filling the 23-man quota laid down by the Football League’s transfer embargo.

If, however, Wanderers manage to move on players during the course of the day, Parkinson has lined-up a number of options in the hope a quick replacement can be sought.

At present, striker Jamie Proctor looks the most likely man to leave the Macron as Portsmouth head a queue of clubs looking so sign him on a permanent basis.

Talks between Wanderers and Oldham over a loan move for Chris Taylor have stalled as the clubs failed to come to a financial agreement.

Boundary Park boss John Sheridan has made no secret of his wish to sign the midfielder but hinted there would be obstacles.

“Chris is a player I have always liked so if he was available and there was a chance to get him I would take him all day long,” he said. “Those circumstances are not up to me. There are lots of players who could make us better.

“Chris knows Oldham and he knows me. I wouldn’t rule it out but I think it would be difficult to try and get him.”

Wanderers will also listen to offers for defenders Lewis Buxton and Dorian Dervite, reports in the Netherlands linking them with a move for former trialist Nick Kuipers.

The Dutchman, who is currently playing for MVV Maastricht, is out of contract at the end of the month and would not have to be signed before tonight’s midnight deadline.

Parkinson was happy to land his first official signing of the window yesterday in Long, who has spent the first half of this season on loan at Fleetwood.

“I’m really pleased we’ve been able to bring Chris in because there were a few clubs looking at him and he offers us something a bit different,” he told The Bolton News. “He’s a good young player, and he has that burst of pace which can be dangerous.”

A string of players remain linked with Wanderers including Newcastle United’s Sammy Ameobi, Cardiff’s Adam Le Fondre, Preston’s Eoin Doyle and Reading’s Dominic Samuel.

Parkinson is also reluctant to have more than five loan players at any one time, Long’s arrival taking the tally to four yesterday.

Asked whether he anticipates adding another player to his squad, Parkinson said: “I’ve said all along that we have to be in the position to do some business if the opportunity arises, but I’d hope we can make at least one more signing, yes.”

Source

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

It all sounds very optimistic, but I'm not hopeful that we'll see many changes.
The final transfer day often turns out to be a disappointment.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

rammywhite wrote:It all sounds very optimistic, but I'm not hopeful that we'll see many changes.
The final transfer day often turns out to be a disappointment.
The article said that the Chris Taylor move has hit the rocks and our only chance of getting a striker is if we can move someone else on.
One signing at the most I imagine - unless the players he wants out suddenly become hot properties or KA wins the lottery which is a tough call on a Tuesday morning.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum