Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Filipe Morais keen for Mour time with Phil Parkinson at Bolton

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

New boy Filipe Morais says he only had eyes for a reunion with his “special one” after becoming a free agent.

Released by Bradford City on deadline day, the winger had two 18-month offers on the table from other League One clubs before accepting the chance to re-join Phil Parkinson at the Macron Stadium.

Morais cut his teeth in professional football under Jose Mourinho at Chelsea but felt the opportunity to link-up with his former boss was too good to turn down.

“One door closes on one side of your life and another one opens pretty quickly,” he said. “It’s quite exciting for me and my family.

“I know the gaffer really well and that was a huge pull in me choosing to come here but it was nice to have a few options and feel wanted again after the last six months at Bradford.

“I started at Chelsea and it was a great experience being around top players. Obviously working under Mr Mourinho was a fantastic experience.

“I still use that now in my career and he helped me a lot as a young player.

“They are similar in some ways – especially in preparation, really thorough leading up to games.

“How they deal with players and get the best out of individuals too.”

Morais suffered a serious knee injury during pre-season in 2015 and spent nine months on the sidelines. He has featured 23 times for the Bantams this season but was not a regular starter under Stuart McCall.

He passed a rigorous physical examination earlier in the week to sign a six-month deal until the end of the season and could, it is understood, come straight in for his debut against MK Dons tomorrow provided the final paperwork is cleared by the Football League.

“It’s a big club, a big stadium and a great pitch – the infrastructure that is in place as I have been looking around is really impressive,” Morais told Wanderers’ YouTube channel. “I’m really excited, I can’t wait to get started.

“Hopefully all the paperwork gets sorted out now and I can be involved at MK Dons.

“Even though I was at Bradford I was looking at Bolton’s games because the gaffer had come here, and they’d been doing really well.

“Now I am here and part of it. Hopefully I can add to it and we can kick on a little bit more. There’s some great potential because there are some great players here and I think we can do even better.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum