Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Live for today

+15
Lard Lad
Fabians Right Peg
Boggersbelief
gloswhite
rammywhite
RustyNail
okocha
Chairmanda
Cajunboy
Norpig
wanderlust
Bread2.0
Bwfc1958
Sluffy
boltonbonce
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

21Live for today - Page 2 Empty Re: Live for today Fri Feb 17 2017, 11:50

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Bread2.0 wrote:Sorry to hear that about Mrs Rammy - Hope it all gets sorted quickly. (Obviously.)

Cheers Bread. Surgery on March 2nd then Wimbledon at home 2 days later. It'll be a win-win I hope

22Live for today - Page 2 Empty Re: Live for today Fri Feb 17 2017, 11:57

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Fingers crossed for you, Rammy but I'm sure everything will be fine.

And 58.....

There's fuck all I can say about what you had to go through as I cannot even begin to imagine what that was like for you, mate.

Jesus......

23Live for today - Page 2 Empty Re: Live for today Fri Feb 17 2017, 12:10

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I thought twice about starting this thread. I'm so glad I did.

The responses have been amazing,and deeply humbling.

It's all too easy to forget that,behind our silly avatars,there are real human beings.

24Live for today - Page 2 Empty Re: Live for today Fri Feb 17 2017, 12:19

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

hope all goes well with Mrs Rammy, your heart attack story made me laugh though with the fit doctor. It's true what they say about men thinking about sex every 7 seconds or whatever they came up with  Very Happy

58 - as a Father i can't imagine what you went through, not sure how i would cope with such a thing

25Live for today - Page 2 Empty Re: Live for today Fri Feb 17 2017, 13:12

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I find this thread really heartening, (no pun intended), when you can see what a diverse lot we are, but having said that, how we all seem to get on with life, no matter how hard. My respect to all of you.
I've still got a list of ailments, but the good thing is that I seem to be over the cancer, (touch wood), just diabetes, angina, blood pressure, etc to fix now Very Happy I'm now on 'maintenance', which involves a 2-monthly injection for 2 years. I've now joined a gym, and Slimming World, and though the progress is slow, I'm getting there. (Fortunately, I've kept my dashing good looks, along with my delusions).
As someone said earlier, maybe its supporting BWFC that's toughened us up  Very Happy

26Live for today - Page 2 Empty Re: Live for today Fri Feb 17 2017, 16:34

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:I thought twice about starting this thread. I'm so glad I did.

The responses have been amazing,and deeply humbling.

It's all too easy to forget that,behind our silly avatars,there are real human beings.
I thought and dithered for ages before my posting and afterwards really felt in two minds about it.

Today after reading all the other responses I'm glad I posted and glad other people did just the same.   Let's hope we  and our loved ones have a healthy year.

Now we know why there are so many armchair fans on this website!!  They are all too sick too leave home or they are  waiting for an ambulance to pick them up.

It's too bloody cold at The Macron anyway!!!!

27Live for today - Page 2 Empty Re: Live for today Fri Feb 17 2017, 16:44

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Bread2.0 wrote:Fingers crossed for you, Rammy but I'm sure everything will be fine.

And 58.....

There's fuck all I can say about what you had to go through as I cannot even begin to imagine what that was like for you, mate.

Jesus......
As Breaders said.

28Live for today - Page 2 Empty Re: Live for today Fri Feb 17 2017, 16:57

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

This may sound a bit naff now because, lest we forget, this is "only the internet" but....

.....I'm really grateful to Bonce for starting this thread and to everyone who's contributed.

Why?

I've been guilty of being a bit of a mopey soft-arse for the last couple of years but reading all the comments, it's given me back a bit of perspective.

Whatever shit's gone on over the last few years (and there's more that I've not posted), I've still got plenty to be thankful for so it's time to pull my head out of my arse, stop fretting over cock-all and get on with it.

Because we've all got a story and reading what others have said, mine's not that bad.

So cheers fellas (and Manda).

29Live for today - Page 2 Empty Re: Live for today Fri Feb 17 2017, 17:36

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Well said Breaders. Spot on mate. :like:

30Live for today - Page 2 Empty Re: Live for today Fri Feb 17 2017, 18:28

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hope you're all well

31Live for today - Page 2 Empty Re: Live for today Fri Feb 17 2017, 23:10

Fabians Right Peg

Fabians Right Peg
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Wow, just read all this and it made me stop and think how lucky I am. I have been extremely fortunate in my life to date and with the ones I love in comparison to most of my fellow nutters, however reading the stories above makes you realise how no one should take these things for granted, I will be holding the loved ones a little closer this weekend.

Thanks for sharing guys.

32Live for today - Page 2 Empty Re: Live for today Fri Feb 17 2017, 23:37

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

F*** me! What a train wreck we are!
But we're still here and I for one am determined to make the most of it. And despite the heart attack and despite being in my 60s I still enjoy kicking 20 year-olds off the five a side pitch Very Happy (my timings going a bit!) and scoring worldies. And if you make an effort to live, the world rewards you even if as in my case it's a bunch of kids stressing every time I get decked or slammed into a wall and then going for a pint afterwards. Stop and you're f****d.

The trick is to keep going and never get too cosy.

33Live for today - Page 2 Empty Re: Live for today Sat Feb 18 2017, 11:01

Lard Lad

Lard Lad
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

I think the trick is not to make any plans, have a whisky a day or two and just laugh at shit.

34Live for today - Page 2 Empty Re: Live for today Sat Feb 18 2017, 11:06

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Bloody hell everybody. 
What a thread, thanks for starting it and thanks for everybody who contributed.

It really made me sit up and think how everyone has their own list of problems and that despite me feeling like things are mounting up on me sometimes I am very lucky and not enduring the same as some people are.

Keep up the positivity guys and all the best!

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

35Live for today - Page 2 Empty Re: Live for today Sat Feb 18 2017, 13:44

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Some awe-inspiring resolve shown in the above posts despite terrible misfortune, you Nutters. Wow!

For further inspiration on overcoming adversity, look at the example of fellow Boltonian, Sir Philip Craven, who broke his back whilst climbing when he was 14-ish. A life in a wheelchair but still managed to become the President of the International Paralympics Committee. 

Perhaps Boltonians are special!!

36Live for today - Page 2 Empty Re: Live for today Sat Feb 18 2017, 16:15

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

okocha wrote:Some awe-inspiring resolve shown in the above posts despite terrible misfortune, you Nutters. Wow!

For further inspiration on overcoming adversity, look at the example of fellow Boltonian, Sir Philip Craven, who broke his back whilst climbing when he was 14-ish. A life in a wheelchair but still managed to become the President of the International Paralympics Committee. 

Perhaps Boltonians are special!!
Phil was 16 when he had his accident rock-climbing, his grandparents lived close to me so I knew of him through them. 

When I came to be in the same boat so to speak,  he came to see me.  I am 2 years older than him. He lived in Farnworth, his parents had a florists.  I remember going to his house to see what adaptions he had had done, listening to music and playing cribbage with him.

It's hard to believe that was 50 years ago, that's scary.

He always had terrific drive.

37Live for today - Page 2 Empty Re: Live for today Sat Feb 18 2017, 21:17

Chairmanda

Chairmanda
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

It's not yet the end of Feb, and I think we have the thread of the year. I know I'm a girl, and therefore try to show less emotion in case I get called girly, but I have been genuinely and profoundly moved by the inputs to this thread, thanks all.

38Live for today - Page 2 Empty Re: Live for today Sun Feb 19 2017, 10:58

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

How refreshing to read a thread totally devoid of abuse. I agree with all the sentiments echoed. None of us know what cards life is going to deal us. We are in essence, walking time bombs, and some of us will detonate earlier than others. We must take each day as it comes and find comfort in looking to the future rather than dwelling on what has happened before. 
By all means grieve, but leave a little space for yourself to take pleasure in things that make you happy.  If I had known I was going to live as long as I have, I would have taken better care of myself.

39Live for today - Page 2 Empty Re: Live for today Sun Feb 19 2017, 12:29

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Reebok Trotter wrote:If I had known I was going to live as long as I have, I would have taken better care of myself.
Yes, if only RT!
But would you have given sex and drugs and rock and roll up for a longer life? Very Happy

40Live for today - Page 2 Empty Re: Live for today Sun Feb 19 2017, 15:34

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Chairmanda wrote:It's not yet the end of Feb, and I think we have the thread of the year. I know I'm a girl, and therefore try to show less emotion in case I get called girly, but I have been genuinely and profoundly moved by the inputs to this thread, thanks all.
I much prefer girly to blokey, hence my avatar.

Lana Del Rey.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum