Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Dorian Dervite comeback is a bonus for Phil Parkinson

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Phil Parkinson gave forgotten man Dorian Dervite a pat on the back after his surprise first team recall at the weekend.

The French defender had not started a game for more than a year – pre-dating Parkinson’s arrival at the Macron – before his appearance against AFC Wimbledon.

Dervite looked destined to sign elsewhere last summer but a knee problem hampered his ability to train and he has only recently returned to full fitness.

Reports from the training ground have been very positive and though the 28-year-old was beaten by Tom Elliott for the Dons’ equaliser, Parkinson was generally pleased with Dervite’s performance.

“He’s waited patiently for his chance and I think he played well,” he said after the game.

“The goal is obviously disappointing but the way he coped physically with his first 90 minutes of the season was a credit to him, and that is a bonus for us.”

Parkinson also drew some encouragement from the partnership between Gary Madine and Adam Le Fondre up front.

Le Fondre lasted the full 90 minutes for the first time since he re-signed for the club on loan.

But Madine’s return after two games out through illness produced a ninth goal of the season, and a positive review from the manager.

“He looked a bit leggy going into the second half and we said to him he had to lift himself, and he did. I thought he and Alfie linked up well in that second period and showed some good signs for that combination,” Parkinson said. “It was another good header from him and a great corner from Filipe Morais. He went in bravely for the goal.”

Wanderers have just four home games remaining this season and face a potentially pivotal trip to Fleetwood Town this weekend.

Chairman Ken Anderson thanked fans yesterday for backing the club “to the hilt” but will continue to examine ways to create a more vibrant matchday atmosphere at the Macron.

“I have looked back and people have sent me stuff of the how the ground used to sound back in Sam Allardyce’s time here and at other times,” he said.

“To help us get over the line we need to get that feel around the club. There’s no doubt it does lift the players. I’m hoping I’ll hear that James Brown song several times going forward.”

Source

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Try being more positive at home Parky, then you might hear James Brown more often

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

According to Parky all our players are brilliant and should be applauded at every opportunity.

Fuck off. Perhaps a few home truths might get a response because this lauding of the shitbags is clearly not working.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Fuck off. Perhaps a few home truths might get a response because this lauding of the shitbags is clearly not working.

Nope, tried that, they just get angry and tell you to come to the training ground for a fight

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:Nope, tried that, they just get angry and tell you to come to the training ground for a fight

Did you turn up?

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote:Nope, tried that, they just get angry and tell you to come to the training ground for a fight

Did you turn up?
88 points

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:

Did you turn up?

Yeah, spearings season is over remember

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:Yeah, spearings season is over remember

You soft bastard, picking the little guy.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum