Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Did I overreact

+3
wanderlust
gloswhite
Lard Lad
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Did I overreact Empty Did I overreact Tue Mar 21 2017, 14:58

Lard Lad

Lard Lad
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

walking the dog on my own on Sunday out in a country park under flyovers minding our own business when this large dog came lunging at my springer who turned and bit the dog. The couple about twenty something stayed behind me when I stopped and sat on a bench by the lake they came up and asked if I always let my dog attack other dogs. I told them if you let your dog race and lunge at other dogs what do you expect. It's only a baby he said, big baby I answered and you should lead it then or it may get hurt as in this instance. The woman pulls out her phone and starts filming or taking photos of the dog and me so without a thought I got up snatched her phone and lobbed it in the lake she screamed and yelled at her bloke to do something I told him to go home to which he dragged her and her dog away.
Don't know where they went but I got to the jeep and sat there for ages wondering if that could have gone better or not.

2Did I overreact Empty Re: Did I overreact Tue Mar 21 2017, 15:16

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I may not have gone quite as far, but I'd have been bloody angry having somebody who didn't know me start filming me. I might even have called the coppers myself. I think they learned a lesson there  Very Happy

3Did I overreact Empty Re: Did I overreact Tue Mar 21 2017, 15:25

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Obviously it could have gone better, but for a non-participant it was highly amusing.

And it does sound as if she needed a lesson in life.

4Did I overreact Empty Re: Did I overreact Tue Mar 21 2017, 15:54

Lard Lad

Lard Lad
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

wanderlust wrote:Obviously it could have gone better, but for a non-participant it was highly amusing.

And it does sound as if she needed a lesson in life.
Yes I do feel both guilty and annoyed that's why I sat there thinking. You just made me feel better her face was a picture .

5Did I overreact Empty Re: Did I overreact Tue Mar 21 2017, 16:15

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

You played it right.

She introduced the weapon / phone and you neutralized the threat with the minimum of fuss.

Fair play.

6Did I overreact Empty Re: Did I overreact Tue Mar 21 2017, 16:20

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If your dog bites other dogs just because they show an interest in sniffing it's arse you should have a muzzle on it. It could be a child your dog bites next time.

7Did I overreact Empty Re: Did I overreact Tue Mar 21 2017, 16:54

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:If your dog bites other dogs just because they show an interest in sniffing it's arse you should have a muzzle on it. It could be a child your dog bites next time.
What kind of a child would go around looking for a dog's arse to sniff?

I never did anything like that as a boy.

8Did I overreact Empty Re: Did I overreact Tue Mar 21 2017, 16:59

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:What kind of a child would go around looking for a dog's arse to sniff?

I never did anything like that as a boy.

You let the dogs sniff yours?

9Did I overreact Empty Re: Did I overreact Tue Mar 21 2017, 17:05

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The doggies had a party, they came from near and far
Some came by motorcycle, and some by motor car
Each doggie passed the entrance, each doggie signed the book
and each dog took his arsehole and hung it on a hook

One dog was not invited, his countenance was dire
He ran into the party and loudly shouted "fire!"
In the ensuing confusion, without a second look
each doggie grabbed an arsehole from off the nearest hook

And that's the reason why, sir, when walking down the street
Yes that's the reason why sir, when doggies chance to meet
A dog will leave his master and even leave his bone
To sniff another's arsehole to see if it's his own

10Did I overreact Empty Re: Did I overreact Tue Mar 21 2017, 17:18

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

Lard Lad wrote:walking the dog on my own on Sunday out in a country park under flyovers minding our own business when this large dog came lunging at my springer who turned and bit the dog. The couple about twenty something stayed behind me when I stopped and sat on a bench by the lake they came up and asked if I always let my dog attack other dogs. I told them if you let your dog race and lunge at other dogs what do you expect. It's only a baby he said, big baby I answered and you should lead it then or it may get hurt as in this instance. The woman pulls out her phone and starts filming or taking photos of the dog and me so without a thought I got up snatched her phone and lobbed it in the lake she screamed and yelled at her bloke to do something I told him to go home to which he dragged her and her dog away.
Don't know where they went but I got to the jeep and sat there for ages wondering if that could have gone better or not.
Can't find fault in anything you did there. Handled perfectly fine imo. Good work.

11Did I overreact Empty Re: Did I overreact Tue Mar 21 2017, 22:42

Lard Lad

Lard Lad
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Thanks Bread and Bwfc 1958 it did look new and expensive , maybe it's a good learning curve for them as its pretty stupid to do that to someone in such a lonely area you just don't know who they are.

12Did I overreact Empty Re: Did I overreact Tue Mar 21 2017, 22:50

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

True AD. It could be you !  Very Happy

13Did I overreact Empty Re: Did I overreact Tue Mar 21 2017, 22:55

Lard Lad

Lard Lad
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

gloswhite wrote:True AD. It could be you !  Very Happy