Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

S-Wheat Caroline: David Wheater pleased with Neil Diamond homage

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

David Wheater doesn’t regret finishing his season on song!

The big defender scooped all the major individual awards as Phil Parkinson’s side romped to automatic promotion and then wowed the crowd with a rendition of Neil Diamond’s classic “Sweet Caroline” on Sunday night at the Macron.

One quick-witted fan managed to grab a video of Wheater and his centre-back partner Mark Beevers on stage and the footage went viral, with he help of ex-Wanderers favourite, now US TV pundit, Stu Holden.

And the catchy tune has since been adopted by fans, who sang along to its famous chorus several times as they congregated to celebrate with the players on Victoria Square on Tuesday evening.

Wheater was happy to oblige but feared he would be made to sing a follow-up on the Town Hall steps at the civic reception.

“It was great, wasn’t it? I don’t know where it came from really,” he told The Bolton News.

“I follow Stu Holden on Instagram and he’s spread it around a bit. It seemed to be everywhere on Monday.

“I’d heard it at the boxing and it just seemed like a good song to get a bit of atmosphere going. A good idea at the time.

“I’m surprised I didn’t have to do it on the Town Hall steps. When I was coming out I thought ‘I hope he doesn’t make me sing’.

“I wasn’t as drunk as I was when I sang it, but it’s a great tune.

“I think Wheevers could take off as a super-group. Two good looking lads, we’d do well.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum