Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Adam Le Fondre (He is officially a Wanderer)

+4
Natasha Whittam
karlypants
boltonbonce
BoltonTillIDie
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reading was a long time ago.

I just think this is a sentimental signing, I cannot see a Madine/Le Fondre partnership ending in anything but relegation.

Fabians Right Peg

Fabians Right Peg
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:Reading was a long time ago.

I just think this is a sentimental signing, I cannot see a Madine/Le Fondre partnership ending in anything but relegation.

seems it however his last season for them was only four years ago, I really believe that it was a case of his face not fitting at Cardiff and a series of poor loan deals where he struggled for match fitness, it was the same when he came to us for both loan spells he took time to get going and needed a run in the side before the goals came.

The strike partnership is not the be all and end all for next year, 8 sides scored more than Huddersfield who got promoted with only 56 goals and GD -2.

Alf and Madine are good enough to bag 25/ 30 goals next year which is half what we probably need to finish mid table.

What is important is the goal difference, every team with double digit negative goal difference in the championship finished 16th or lower, our defensive performance next year will be more key to where we finish than who we have playing upfront.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Fabians Right Peg wrote:What is important is the goal difference, every team with double digit negative goal difference in the championship finished 16th or lower, our defensive performance next year will be more key to where we finish than who we have playing upfront.

Sorry, I totally disagree. Attack is the key to where we finish next season. If the defence is similar to last season we won't ship goals like last time we were in the Championship. I also think you're dreaming if you think a Madine/Le Fondre will score 30 goals between them. I'd expect half that at best.

Fabians Right Peg

Fabians Right Peg
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Sorry, I totally disagree. Attack is the key to where we finish next season. If the defence is similar to last season we won't ship goals like last time we were in the Championship.
Sorry this does not make sense when you say attack is key then in your next sentence indicate that we shipped too many goals last time we where in the Championship.Yes the attack is important but not on its own, if you get 45 to 55 goals in the championship you should be okay but it's not guaranteed, take Forrest last year scored plenty of goals but had second worst defence and nearly paid the price for it.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Fabians Right Peg wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:
Sorry, I totally disagree. Attack is the key to where we finish next season. If the defence is similar to last season we won't ship goals like last time we were in the Championship.
Sorry this does not make sense when you say attack is key then in your next sentence indicate that we shipped too many goals last time we where in the Championship.Yes the attack is important but not on its own, if you get 45 to 55 goals in the championship you should be okay but it's not guaranteed, take Forrest last year scored plenty of goals but had second worst defence and nearly paid the price for it.
Tash is logically correct imo- providing wheater & beevers don't go in search of goals like they did in league 1 theoretically we should concede less than the last time. But whilst Alf and Madine did enough to supplement their tally at the lower level, the job in the championship is much more difficult and much more of the responsibility for scoring goals will rest with the forwards ergo we either need better strikers or a massive improvement on last seasons performance. Still if we haven't got the money....or scouting network....

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum