Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton winning race for Mark Milligan

+9
terenceanne
Bwfc1958
Bollotom2014
DEANO82
wanderlust
boltonbonce
Natasha Whittam
Norpig
BoltonTillIDie
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:
terenceanne wrote:What difference does it make if Aussie is 500th...what's that got to do with signing a player......more Fifa nonsense I'm afraid.
I don't understand why they have to set any criteria at all because freedom of movement for work is already regulated by the laws of each recipient country and the number of foreign players is also regulated by the respective associations. If team wants a player from American Samoa or Lesotho there should be no further barriers because providing he meets the immigration criteria the risk is all with the club.
Stupid regulation - as a result of which we may end up paying over the odds for a hit and miss Scouse mercenary who can't pass.

Go on I'll bite again.

He has FAILED the immigration criteria.

It's the one that says the country he represents has to be in the top 50 in the world (over a two year average).

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

terenceanne wrote:What difference does it make if Aussie is 500th...what's that got to do with signing a player......more Fifa nonsense I'm afraid.

Exactly. We signed Tim Ream from the USA and I doubt  they were in the top 50 at the time. What bloody difference does it make whether or not? scratch

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

BoltonTillIDie wrote:

He's no Daniel Braaten

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:
wanderlust wrote:
I don't understand why they have to set any criteria at all because freedom of movement for work is already regulated by the laws of each recipient country and the number of foreign players is also regulated by the respective associations. If team wants a player from American Samoa or Lesotho there should be no further barriers because providing he meets the immigration criteria the risk is all with the club.
Stupid regulation - as a result of which we may end up paying over the odds for a hit and miss Scouse mercenary who can't pass.

Go on I'll bite again.

It's the one that says the country he represents has to be in the top 50 in the world (over a two year average).

No he hasn't - that's FIFA rules not immigration criteria. You are confusing immigration criteria i.e. the right to live and work in Britain with the incredibly stupid FIFA criteria. FIFA cannot stop a person moving to Britain. They can stop that person playing for a football club. But as I've argued I can't see a sensible reason for having additional criteria. In fact I'd go as far as to suggest that FIFA rules are bordering on illegal.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:
Sluffy wrote:
wanderlust wrote:

Go on I'll bite again.

No he hasn't - that's FIFA rules not immigration criteria. You are confusing immigration criteria i.e. the right to live and work in Britain with the incredibly stupid FIFA criteria. FIFA cannot stop a person moving to Britain. They can stop that person playing for a football club. But as I've argued I can't see a sensible reason for having additional criteria. In fact I'd go as far as to suggest that FIFA rules are bordering on illegal.

I've not got interest or inclination to argue over nothing either one of us can do anything about except to say in sport the respective governing bodies lay down the rules and the law courts tend to let them get on with it - hence the reason for being of the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS).

Also (and stating the bleeding obvious) people of many nations are not allowed entry into this country without prior approval - an official visa issued by Her Majesty's Government - nor have the rights to work here - hence why we have the highly publicised issues with illegal migrants gaining entry into the UK for economic reasons!

But you of course know better than the football world's governing body, HM Government and all the other nations in the world.

Rolling Eyes

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

JSluffy wrote:
wanderlust wrote:
Sluffy wrote:
wanderlust wrote:

Go on I'll bite again.

I've not got interest or inclination to argue over nothing either one of us can do anything about except to say in sport the respective governing bodies lay down the rules and the law courts tend to let them get on with it - hence the reason for being of the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS).

Also (and stating the bleeding obvious) people of many nations are not allowed entry into this country without prior approval - an official visa issued by Her Majesty's Government - nor have the rights to work here - hence why we have the highly publicised issues with illegal migrants gaining entry into the UK for economic reasons!

But you of course know better than the football world's governing body, HM Government and all the other nations in the world.

Rolling Eyes

Stuffy, are you on a mission to piss off absolutely everyone on here?

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:
wanderlust wrote:
Sluffy wrote:
wanderlust wrote:

Go on I'll bite again.

Then why do you keep starting pedantic arguments? And then going to enormous lengths in a failed attempt to justify yourself?

Even now you haven't got the grace to admit that you were and are barking up the wrong tree. 

By suggesting that people from certain nations won't qualify for immigration into the UK (Australia? Really?) you are admitting that my point about immigration into the UK was correct - and that the statement that you highlighted in order to make your point has nothing to do with FIFA's rules. You are basically arguing against yourself and I'm not sure what you are trying to achieve by doing it.

As for continually suggesting that you think that I think I know better than others you are just being a dick and everyone knows it. Your patronising bollocks is a very tired act now so please stop and let us post opinions without you interpreting them as anything other than what they are - opinions.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:
Sluffy wrote:
wanderlust wrote:
Sluffy wrote:
wanderlust wrote:

Go on I'll bite again.

Then why do you keep starting pedantic arguments? And then going to enormous lengths in a failed attempt to justify yourself?

Even now you haven't got the grace to admit that you were and are barking up the wrong tree. 

By suggesting that people from certain nations won't qualify for immigration into the UK (Australia? Really?) you are admitting that my point about immigration into the UK was correct - and that the statement that you highlighted in order to make your point has nothing to do with FIFA's rules. You are basically arguing against yourself and I'm not sure what you are trying to achieve by doing it.

As for continually suggesting that you think that I think I know better than others you are just being a dick and everyone knows it. Your patronising bollocks is a very tired act now so please stop and let us post opinions without you interpreting them as anything other than what they are - opinions.

Funny how you've edited out half of my reply!!!

Anyway.

No-one can simply rock up to this country - they need to check first if HM Government will let them in and if so for what purpose.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

If they want to work here as a footballer they are required to meet the FA's requirement, which in turn is set by their governing international body UEFA.

So if the person (Australian or not) doesn't fulfil that criteria (played in 75% of games for their country during the last two years - and that country has to have averaged being in the top 50 country's during that time) then they can't come to this country to WORK as a player.

It's that simple and as I've said originally he hasn't meet the required immigration criteria to play football here!!!

wanderlust wrote:I don't understand why they have to set any criteria at all because freedom of movement for work is already regulated by the laws of each recipient country and the number of foreign players is also regulated by the respective associations. If team wants a player from American Samoa or Lesotho there should be no further barriers because providing he meets the immigration criteria the risk is all with the club.

So if the blokes ONLY REASON to come to this country is to WORK AS A FOOTBALLER he won't be allowed in.

Have you got it now?

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:
wanderlust wrote:
Sluffy wrote:
wanderlust wrote:
Sluffy wrote:
wanderlust wrote:

Go on I'll bite again.

Funny how you've edited out half of my reply!!!

Anyway.

No-one can simply rock up to this country - they need to check first if HM Government will let them in and if so for what purpose.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

If they want to work here as a footballer they are required to meet the FA's requirement, which in turn is set by their governing international body UEFA.

So if the person (Australian or not) doesn't fulfil that criteria (played in 75% of games for their country during the last two years - and that country has to have averaged being in the top 50 country's during that time) then they can't come to this country to WORK as a player.

It's that simple and as I've said originally he hasn't meet the required immigration criteria to play football here!!!

wanderlust wrote:I don't understand why they have to set any criteria at all because freedom of movement for work is already regulated by the laws of each recipient country and the number of foreign players is also regulated by the respective associations. If team wants a player from American Samoa or Lesotho there should be no further barriers because providing he meets the immigration criteria the risk is all with the club.

So if the blokes ONLY REASON to come to this country is to WORK AS A FOOTBALLER he won't be allowed in.

Have you got it now?
Yes I get it. I got it before my first post. Sadly you clearly don't get it at all.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum