Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Development Squad

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The Development Squad Empty The Development Squad Fri Aug 03 2012, 21:06

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

For the next season, the reserve team is now going to be know as the development squad...

Why? So the players are not known as reserves and are in the development squad?

2The Development Squad Empty Re: The Development Squad Fri Aug 03 2012, 21:13

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Doesn't fuss me to be honest.

It's similar to the NBA which has the "D-League" (Development League)

3The Development Squad Empty Re: The Development Squad Fri Aug 03 2012, 21:21

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

The term 'development squad' has been pretty common in other sports for years. Perhaps it's a reflection of the fact our 2nd XI is less populated by older fringe players and more populated by kids these days. Makes no difference what it's called.

4The Development Squad Empty Re: The Development Squad Fri Aug 03 2012, 21:22

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

largehat wrote:The term 'development squad' has been pretty common in other sports for years. Perhaps it's a reflection of the fact our 2nd XI is less populated by older fringe players and more populated by kids these days. Makes no difference what it's called.

I read somewhere that a lot of players refuse to play in the reserves, some even have it in their contract. Ponces.

5The Development Squad Empty Re: The Development Squad Fri Aug 03 2012, 21:27

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:

I read somewhere that a lot of players refuse to play in the reserves, some even have it in their contract. Ponces.

If that's true, I bet they can't refuse to play if they are rehabilitating from a major injury, that wouldn't be in their interest. I only see the reserves when we play Liverpool because it's shown free on Liverpool's TV channel on Sky, but looking at the match reports it seems less and less the case that unused first team subs have to play for the reserves in mid-week, so perhaps you're right.

I know if one of our first team got injured playing for the reserves, half the users on this forum would blame Coyle, so maybe it's for the best.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum