Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ennis Chickens Out Of 100m Hurdles

+4
Bernard Dennis Park
Hipster_Nebula
largehat
Natasha Whittam
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Ennis Chickens Out Of 100m Hurdles Empty Ennis Chickens Out Of 100m Hurdles Sun Aug 05 2012, 12:44

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Every credit to Jessica Ennis for winning the Heptathlon, but I'm taking back a big chunk of the credit because she has decided not to run in the 100m hurdles despite having a good chance of a medal.

Her excuse? Well she has two actually. The first is that she is "too tired". What a load of bollocks. She's a world class athlete and she can't run a 100m race in front of her home fans? Pathetic. I don't remember Michael Phelps saying he was too tired to win more medals after his first gold.

The second excuse is she wants to revel in the heptathlon win and spend time with her family. Laughable.

Shame on Jessica Ennis.

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Oh no, how can you type that, either seriously or joking? Sad

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

largehat wrote:Oh no, how can you type that, either seriously or joking? Sad

Because it's true. I appreciate what she did to win the Heptathlon, but I'm embarrassed that she won't run the 100m hurdles. Surely as a top athlete you should want to win as many medals as possible?

I bet Mo runs the 5000m.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Please, please stop trolling the olympics.

tiresome.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Please, please stop trolling the olympics.

tiresome.

Trolling? I'm asking a legitimate question. Do you think it's right she shouldn't run the 100m?

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You're not really asking a question by saying "shame on jessica ennis" the day after, most would describe as the greatest night for British athletics ever.

You've probably sat for 2 or 3 hours thinking "how can i say something negative about this... Got it!"

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:
largehat wrote:Oh no, how can you type that, either seriously or joking? Sad

Because it's true. I appreciate what she did to win the Heptathlon, but I'm embarrassed that she won't run the 100m hurdles. Surely as a top athlete you should want to win as many medals as possible?

I bet Mo runs the 5000m.

Jessica Ennis deserves better than your nonsense, Natasha. Go back to the Daily Mail website and pick a new target.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:You're not really asking a question by saying "shame on jessica ennis" the day after, most would describe as the greatest night for British athletics ever.

You've probably sat for 2 or 3 hours thinking "how can i say something negative about this... Got it!"

So if someone does good, you have to ignore anything bad they do? I quite liked "Rock & Roll" by Gary Glitter, but I wasn't a fan of his out of music activities.

She did great to win the gold, but she should be out there for her country again in the 100m hurdles. She is not giving 100% by pulling out.

i don't think she chickened out, who are we to say if she's too tired or not?

10Ennis Chickens Out Of 100m Hurdles Empty Re: Ennis Chickens Out Of 100m Hurdles Sun Aug 05 2012, 13:28

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

No, i didn't say anything of the sort.

I just don't think this is particularly up to much as a topic. Ennis isn't a hurdler (it's not her main event) i suspect it's something she might move into later in her career. For now It's great that she can focus solely on her main event, in which she demolished the competition.

11Ennis Chickens Out Of 100m Hurdles Empty Re: Ennis Chickens Out Of 100m Hurdles Sun Aug 05 2012, 13:35

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:No, i didn't say anything of the sort.

I just don't think this is particularly up to much as a topic. Ennis isn't a hurdler (it's not her main event) i suspect it's something she might move into later in her career. For now It's great that she can focus solely on her main event, in which she demolished the competition.

She was a banker for at least a bronze medal, what sort of professional athlete doesn't want to win another medal?

12Ennis Chickens Out Of 100m Hurdles Empty Re: Ennis Chickens Out Of 100m Hurdles Sun Aug 05 2012, 14:35

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Apparently the time she ran in the 100 metres hurdles during the heptathlon would've been enough to win gold at the last olympics. I'd go for it if I was her.

13Ennis Chickens Out Of 100m Hurdles Empty Re: Ennis Chickens Out Of 100m Hurdles Sun Aug 05 2012, 14:37

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Jessica ran 12.54 in the Heptathlon, which was her personal best and exactly the same time which won the gold in Beijing. She would have been a medal contender for sure, but after four years of preparation, I trust the athlete to make the decision about what their body can do. And not Natasha Whittam.

14Ennis Chickens Out Of 100m Hurdles Empty Re: Ennis Chickens Out Of 100m Hurdles Sun Aug 05 2012, 14:38

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

largehat wrote:Jessica ran 12.54 in the Heptathlon, which was her personal best and exactly the same time which won the gold in Beijing. She would have been a medal contender for sure, but after four years of preparation, I trust the athlete to make the decision about what their body can do. And not Natasha Whittam.

I just think it's sad that she didn't at least try.

15Ennis Chickens Out Of 100m Hurdles Empty Re: Ennis Chickens Out Of 100m Hurdles Sun Aug 05 2012, 14:40

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:
I just think it's sad that she didn't at least try.

Do you think you're justified in calling her "pathetic" though?

16Ennis Chickens Out Of 100m Hurdles Empty Re: Ennis Chickens Out Of 100m Hurdles Sun Aug 05 2012, 14:59

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Natasha Whittam wrote:Every credit to Jessica Ennis for winning the Heptathlon, but I'm taking back a big chunk of the credit because she has decided not to run in the 100m hurdles despite having a good chance of a medal.

Her excuse? Well she has two actually. The first is that she is "too tired". What a load of bollocks. She's a world class athlete and she can't run a 100m race in front of her home fans? Pathetic. I don't remember Michael Phelps saying he was too tired to win more medals after his first gold.

The second excuse is she wants to revel in the heptathlon win and spend time with her family. Laughable.

Shame on Jessica Ennis.

Totally agree. These athletes run and work out for hours and hours every day, and she can't run 100m over a few jumps? Either she really hates losing and it will take the shine off her glory or she is lazy.

17Ennis Chickens Out Of 100m Hurdles Empty Re: Ennis Chickens Out Of 100m Hurdles Sun Aug 05 2012, 15:01

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Michael Bolton wrote: Either she really hates losing and it will take the shine off her glory .

This is probably true. It's all about ego.

18Ennis Chickens Out Of 100m Hurdles Empty Re: Ennis Chickens Out Of 100m Hurdles Sun Aug 05 2012, 15:10

Lyric Todkill

Lyric Todkill
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

She probably wants a curry a few beers and a decent shag

Credit to her

19Ennis Chickens Out Of 100m Hurdles Empty Re: Ennis Chickens Out Of 100m Hurdles Sun Aug 05 2012, 15:13

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Michael Bolton wrote: Either she really hates losing and it will take the shine off her glory .

This is probably true. It's all about ego.

I bet she will regret this. She is in her ultimate prime, its a London olympics, she could set a new personal best yet again. What else is there to wait for? There is no major heptathlon now until the World athletics next summer.

20Ennis Chickens Out Of 100m Hurdles Empty Re: Ennis Chickens Out Of 100m Hurdles Sun Aug 05 2012, 15:13

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Lyric Todkill wrote:She probably wants a curry a few beers and a decent shag

Credit to her

The lucky so and so giving her one.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum