Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 0-3 Middlesbrough

+14
observer
Fabians Right Peg
boltonbonce
doffcocker
Chairmanda
Cajunboy
Kane57
wessy
MartinBWFC
karlypants
Norpig
Sluffy
wanderlust
Natasha Whittam
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

21Bolton 0-3 Middlesbrough - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-3 Middlesbrough Sat Sep 09 2017, 16:06

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

So here we are trailing at HT despite Parky switching to a more defensive system, but the real problem seems to be that we can't get forward or retain possession. But Boro are a top team so as long as we don't capitulate in the second half maybe, just maybe we'll have the basis of a team that can survive this season, providing we beat the likes of Burton and Brentford. Burke on. COYW!

22Bolton 0-3 Middlesbrough - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-3 Middlesbrough Sat Sep 09 2017, 16:31

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Oh dear.

23Bolton 0-3 Middlesbrough - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-3 Middlesbrough Sat Sep 09 2017, 16:34

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:Oh dear.
All our lads must have been day dreaming with that one! Shocked

24Bolton 0-3 Middlesbrough - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-3 Middlesbrough Sat Sep 09 2017, 17:28

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

karlypants wrote:We're better just sticking to league 1...
I don't think we have got another option.

25Bolton 0-3 Middlesbrough - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-3 Middlesbrough Sat Sep 09 2017, 17:45

Chairmanda

Chairmanda
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Cajunboy wrote:
karlypants wrote:We're better just sticking to league 1...
I don't think we have got another option.
League 2?

26Bolton 0-3 Middlesbrough - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-3 Middlesbrough Sat Sep 09 2017, 17:58

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Absolutely brilliant football on display today, some really impressive individual performances that were actually excellent to watch. It's just a shame they were all wearing red.

One team cost a bomb to build, the other just an amalgamation of freebies and loan signings and it wouldn't have taken a genius to work out which was which. I think Boro could have sent out their number 37 and maybe a few others alone and they'd have still beat our eleven.

Personally I'm starting to wonder if we'll win a game all season. I think we could maybe scrape a 1 nil against Burton in December, but must matches will just be damage limitation exercises.

27Bolton 0-3 Middlesbrough - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-3 Middlesbrough Sat Sep 09 2017, 18:08

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Traore was taking the piss. Made us look like a bunch of kids. 

A bunch of pissed up wankers in the WSU didn't improve my mood.

28Bolton 0-3 Middlesbrough - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-3 Middlesbrough Sat Sep 09 2017, 18:15

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Report: Bolton Wanderers 0-3 Middlesbrough

Wanderers suffered defeat against Middlesbrough in their latest Sky Bet Championship outing at Macron Stadium on Saturday afternoon.

The deadlock was broken inside 13 minutes, with Britt Assombalonga nodding home from six yards out, before the striker doubled his and Boro's tally with 20 minutes remaining when tapping the ball into the net from a yard out.

It was a third for the visitors meanwhile with 12 minutes to go, with debutant Marvin Johnson's shot from the edge of the box squirming beneath Ben Alnwick to put a generous gloss on the result for Garry Monk's men.

TEAM NEWS

There were seven changes for Wanderers from the side who started against Hull City last time out, with Ben Alnwick coming in between the sticks and a debut for new signing Craig Noone amongst the XI.

FIRST HALF

The game started brightly in the sunshine at Macron Stadium, with both the Whites and Boro enjoying possession in their opponents’ boxes.

And the first real chance of the game fell to Wanderers, with Gary Madine taking the ball down on his chest on the edge of the box before turning and unleashing a thunderous effort on goal, only for Darren Randolph to parry his stinging shot away from danger with seven minutes on the clock.

There was certainly a bite to the game too, with Jem Karacan being shown the first yellow of the encounter for a feisty challenge just outside the Middlesbrough penalty area.

The deadlock was broken in the 13th minute however as, following some dogged determination down the right flank, Adama Traore crossed the ball for Assombalonga to nod home from six yards out.

It was Boro’s first real opportunity of the game, Traore was proving instrumental for the visitors with a number of mazy runs into the box thereafter.

Wanderers were having to be on their guard, but they were still enjoying chances of their own from set-pieces, while Derik even attempted an audacious overhead kick when eight yards out from goal.

As the half wore on, Bolton were finding their feet a little more and were able to exert their own pressure on the visitors after being under the cosh for much of the opening quarter.

Middlesbrough were still looking a constant threat on the counter attack, with the combination of Traore and Assombalonga constantly a thorn in Bolton’s sides.

Despite their pressure however, Alnwick was rarely called upon to make any saves of note.

The tasty atmosphere continued too as the half drew to its conclusion, with Traore lucky to escape with a yellow card for a harsh challenge on Filipe Morais which left the winger requiring treatment.

Come the break however, Wanderers were still a goal down.

SECOND HALF

The start of the second period saw the home side make one change, with Reece Burke coming into the mix in place of Stephen Darby.

And it was Bolton who looked the brighter of the two sides inside the opening stages, with them enjoying all the pressure and in meaningful positions.

Against the run of play though, Alnwick was forced to palm Assombalonga's angled drive around the post with it seemingly destined for the bottom corner of the net.

Cyrus Christie also spurned a glorious chance from six yards, only to lift the ball high and wide under pressure from David Wheater.

For the most part however, Bolton were looking the more dangerous side and they almost had an equaliser on the hour mark when Morais' shot was parried by Randolph, with Noone unable to turn the ball home when losing his footing just six yards out.

It seemed to be just the tonic needed in Wanderers' search for a foothold in the game, with Wheater seeing his half-volley from a Madine knock-down blocked just inside the box shortly after.

On the counter attack however, the visitors doubled their advantage with Traore again teeing up Assombalonga who slid in at the far post to tap the ball home for his second of the game.

A bitter blow for the Whites who had looked like possibly levelling prior to Boro's second, they set about looking for a route back into the clash with Madine seeing a tame header collected by Randolph with 14 minutes remaining.

Again though, Middlesbrough countered and were rewarded with a third goal of the afternoon through debutant Marvin Johnson whose piledriver from the edge of the box squirmed beneath Alnwick in the Bolton goal.

There was still time for Madine to test Randolph's reflexes with a well-taken half volley eight yards out with two minutes left, while Assombalonga came within inches of completing his hat-trick with a close-range header that was always rising.

Come full time however, there had been no further goals as Wanderers fell to defeat.

FULL TIME

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

29Bolton 0-3 Middlesbrough - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-3 Middlesbrough Sat Sep 09 2017, 18:28

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Chorley won 2-0. Thank fook I'm a Chorley fan again.

30Bolton 0-3 Middlesbrough - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-3 Middlesbrough Sat Sep 09 2017, 18:41

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:Chorley won 2-0. Thank fook I'm a Chorley fan again.
I'm beginning to think it would be best joining you as this is absolutely dire!

31Bolton 0-3 Middlesbrough - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-3 Middlesbrough Sat Sep 09 2017, 19:10

Fabians Right Peg

Fabians Right Peg
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Traore destroyed us, midfield was none existent, had 4 boro fans sat behind me cackling away all the way through the game.

Garbage.

32Bolton 0-3 Middlesbrough - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-3 Middlesbrough Sat Sep 09 2017, 19:20

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Today was a very good advert for going watching another team.

Don't get me wrong, Boro probably won't look that good every week, and they might not go back up but the point is they've got money to spend. They've got players that can counter attack and are exciting to watch. When was the last time we had a player like that who wasn't inconsistent and/or a walking sick note? God knows when/if we'll be in a position again to invest in those kind of players.

For now it's a case of continuing to make do with the likes of Pratley, and it'd test the patience of a saint.

33Bolton 0-3 Middlesbrough - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-3 Middlesbrough Sat Sep 09 2017, 19:33

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:Today was a very good advert for going watching another team.

Don't get me wrong, Boro probably won't look that good every week, and they might not go back up but the point is they've got money to spend. They've got players that can counter attack and are exciting to watch. When was the last time we had a player like that who wasn't inconsistent and/or a walking sick note? God knows when/if we'll be in a position again to invest in those kind of players.

For now it's a case of continuing to make do with the likes of Pratley, and it'd test the patience of a saint.

I have no problem losing to Boro, they're a good team that have spent millions.

However, when we had millions, nine times out of 10 we struggled against the so-called poor teams mainly because they always put up a spirited fight. I just wish we could do that.

There's no spirit and no attempt to put the "big boys" off their game.

It's all too predictable.

34Bolton 0-3 Middlesbrough - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-3 Middlesbrough Sat Sep 09 2017, 19:38

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

We need a big Sam type to put a rocket up their lazy arses, Sheff Utd have made the transition because they've got a decent manager, only Parkinson knows why Pratley starts, because everyone I've spoken to say he's utter shit.

35Bolton 0-3 Middlesbrough - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-3 Middlesbrough Sat Sep 09 2017, 19:57

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
doffcocker wrote:Today was a very good advert for going watching another team.

I have no problem losing to Boro, they're a good team that have spent millions.

However, when we had millions, nine times out of 10 we struggled against the so-called poor teams

Agreed, but is that because the "poor teams", as you say, put up a spirited fight or is it because when we had millions, we spent it on utter shite?

36Bolton 0-3 Middlesbrough - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-3 Middlesbrough Sat Sep 09 2017, 20:23

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:
Agreed, but is that because the "poor teams", as you say, put up a spirited fight or is it because when we had millions, we spent it on utter shite?

Probably a bit of both.

But there's no doubt we have a soft centre right now.

The signing of Noone was ridiculous.

37Bolton 0-3 Middlesbrough - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-3 Middlesbrough Sat Sep 09 2017, 20:28

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Another depressing afternoon at the Macron , can't believe Parky stills picks Pratley, it's like playing with 10 men. He spends all his time either chasing shadows or trying to wrestle someone to the ground and giving away free kick after free kick,

I actually felt sorry for Madine today,he was excellent, won most of his headers and had a few good shots but everytime he brought it down or flicked on it went to Boro as we were far too deep as usual.

Boro are a good side and Traore is a beast but we didn't press them at all and at times it looked like a training game for Boro.

38Bolton 0-3 Middlesbrough - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-3 Middlesbrough Sat Sep 09 2017, 22:13

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

On track for a 15 point season... half of what we did two years ago. Relegation by Christmas if we can't buy a couple of wins in the next two weeks.

39Bolton 0-3 Middlesbrough - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-3 Middlesbrough Sat Sep 09 2017, 22:31

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

40Bolton 0-3 Middlesbrough - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-3 Middlesbrough Sat Sep 09 2017, 23:03

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

y2johnny wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum