Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Phillips Idowu: Tosser?

+3
Sluffy
Hipster_Nebula
Natasha Whittam
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Phillips Idowu: Tosser? Empty Phillips Idowu: Tosser? Tue Aug 07 2012, 13:19

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Firstly, I've always hated him because he can't just be plain old "Phillip", he has to add a pretentious 's' to the end.

Secondly, I really enjoyed him getting his just desserts in the qualifying rounds this morning, where he was dumped on his fat arse and eliminated. Good.

The guy is a grade A tosser. He's pulled out of the last four meetings without giving a genuine reason and then went walkabout, thinking he was too good to stay at the Olympic Village. He was probably a Premier League footballer in a previous life.

Phillip should have all his funding withdrawn right now, I was embarrassed this morning when the BBC presenter spoke for the whole of the UK in feeling sympathy for Phillip. Shut up, I laughed out loud.

2Phillips Idowu: Tosser? Empty Re: Phillips Idowu: Tosser? Tue Aug 07 2012, 13:32

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Yeah, but not as bad as Ennis. God she's terrible.

3Phillips Idowu: Tosser? Empty Re: Phillips Idowu: Tosser? Tue Aug 07 2012, 13:33

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Yeah, but not as bad as Ennis. God she's terrible.

I don't agree. Ennis was wrong but only acted like a big-time-charlie after she'd won a gold medal. Philip acted like he was the world champion, when in fact he would probably get outjumped by Ennis.

4Phillips Idowu: Tosser? Empty Re: Phillips Idowu: Tosser? Tue Aug 07 2012, 14:50

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I've thought it's been pathetic this spat between Idowu and the Dutch bloke in charge of the athletics squad - like two little girls throwing temper tantrums and sulking.

All the other athletes in all the various other sports have managed to work together with their various governing sports bodies with just a couple on minor exceptions (that judo sort of bloke for instance) so why could them two not find some compromise or other?

I get the impression that Idowu thinks he's some sort of Billy Big Boots - that's how he's come across to me anyway - so the higher he thinks he is, the more he has to fall - and fall he most certainly as done.

Last edited by Sluffy on Tue Aug 07 2012, 23:02; edited 1 time in total

5Phillips Idowu: Tosser? Empty Re: Phillips Idowu: Tosser? Tue Aug 07 2012, 19:02

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I have to agree with you Nat. I have always thought he had an inflated opinion of himself. Great to see him taken down a peg or two.

And I have to say, what the hell is the triple jump all about? The long jump is good, how far someone can jump. But a hop, skip and a jump? WTF?

A stupid sport for stupid bellends.

6Phillips Idowu: Tosser? Empty Re: Phillips Idowu: Tosser? Tue Aug 07 2012, 19:24

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Michael Bolton wrote:

lol!

7Phillips Idowu: Tosser? Empty Re: Phillips Idowu: Tosser? Tue Aug 07 2012, 19:49

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Michael Bolton wrote:

When did you take it up Michael?

8Phillips Idowu: Tosser? Empty Re: Phillips Idowu: Tosser? Tue Aug 07 2012, 19:50

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bernard Dennis Park wrote:

When did you take it up Michael?

What has his sexual preference got to do with this?

9Phillips Idowu: Tosser? Empty Re: Phillips Idowu: Tosser? Tue Aug 07 2012, 20:06

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I want GB to win as many medals as possible, so I was sorry to hear about Idowu failing to qualify for the final. That said, he does seem like a knob.

10Phillips Idowu: Tosser? Empty Re: Phillips Idowu: Tosser? Tue Aug 07 2012, 23:00

TheHateCamel

TheHateCamel
David Lee
David Lee

I'm not going to defend the guy for his attitude towards the rest of the athletics squad, but as an athlete he has continually brought back medals from athletics meetings and has brought himself up from nothing. His mum was too poor to pay the 2 quid entry fee to the track at crystal palace and he had to sneak in to practise. He receives no funding from UK Athletics or the lottery and funds himself from sponsorship. His income will no doubt take a hit from his under-performing but as a self employed, self funded sportsman he has the right to conduct his training, preparation and execution of his chosen sport as he sees fit. He does seem arrogant and egotistical and if it affects his sponsorship chances then he only has himself to blame.
I certainly wouldn't buy anything because he promoted it.
He seems a bit of a git when all's said and done.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum