Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ta Ra, playmates!

+10
scottjames30
Keegan
gloswhite
Bollotom2014
finlaymcdanger
Norpig
Sluffy
rammywhite
boltonbonce
Bread2.0
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21Ta Ra, playmates! - Page 2 Empty Re: Ta Ra, playmates! Thu Nov 16 2017, 13:08

Dunkels King

Dunkels King
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Bollotom2014 wrote:Banned for having a bash on Twitter with someone called "BarryBallbag" FFS that's a target if ever there was one. Trouble is with banning our pal, Breaders, is it has to look like it isn't censorship which would be like waving a red rag at a bull.
On another site I'm on which is military we have a points system and a scale of bans that lead to permanency. Any trolled. spammed, nasty posts are simply deleted, points awarded and off we go again. There's a sort of ideal that if you treat your fellow postees with respect then all is fine.
Sometimes on Nuts, as with all texted messages, it's hard to determine the persona of the poster who may look like being an awkward sod but is in effect having a laugh. By their very nature websites with fora are quite like Faceache. You do not know with what humour or nastiness the poster is projecting at that time.
I hope Breaders will reconsider, and Nat too seems to have dropped below the horizon which I also hope is a temporary glitch and as soon as she's finished her Cola and Twirls behind Bargain Booze.
Right. Back to the melee that is today's Air Force. Cheers.

Is todays Air Force more like having mobile phones and being on internet forums, because when I left in 1990 it had been all about getting absolutely hammered every night down the local Town, or down the Bop etc hoping that you didn't get a Taceval wake up at 4am on a Friday (which is what usually happened) Very Happy  Are you talking about e-goat with the points system ?

22Ta Ra, playmates! - Page 2 Empty Re: Ta Ra, playmates! Thu Nov 16 2017, 22:15

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Bloody hell Dunk, you sound as though you should be polishing the prop on your Sopwith  Very Happy

(have to admit, I also had the same pastimes as yourself when I was in the mob)(in Germany we had the Quicksilver callouts)

23Ta Ra, playmates! - Page 2 Empty Re: Ta Ra, playmates! Fri Nov 17 2017, 00:33

Bollotom2014

Bollotom2014
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Dunkels King wrote:
Bollotom2014 wrote:Banned for having a bash on Twitter with someone called "BarryBallbag" FFS that's a target if ever there was one. Trouble is with banning our pal, Breaders, is it has to look like it isn't censorship which would be like waving a red rag at a bull.
On another site I'm on which is military we have a points system and a scale of bans that lead to permanency. Any trolled. spammed, nasty posts are simply deleted, points awarded and off we go again. There's a sort of ideal that if you treat your fellow postees with respect then all is fine.
Sometimes on Nuts, as with all texted messages, it's hard to determine the persona of the poster who may look like being an awkward sod but is in effect having a laugh. By their very nature websites with fora are quite like Faceache. You do not know with what humour or nastiness the poster is projecting at that time.
I hope Breaders will reconsider, and Nat too seems to have dropped below the horizon which I also hope is a temporary glitch and as soon as she's finished her Cola and Twirls behind Bargain Booze.

Is todays Air Force more like having mobile phones and being on internet forums, because when I left in 1990 it had been all about getting absolutely hammered every night down the local Town, or down the Bop etc hoping that you didn't get a Taceval wake up at 4am on a Friday (which is what usually happened) Very Happy  Are you talking about e-goat with the points system ?

Not e-goat but ARRSE. e-goat is a bit too serious for me and Pprune too posh. Don't do Tacevals, I sometimes pass the order but I haven't seen one for ages. Manpower problems I think. Used to love sending the East Anglians, Lincs folk to Lossiemouth, and the Lossiemouth lot to Cornwall. Hammered not allowed now really, unless you have a few days off. Very strict on drink and drug random testing. Long weekend from tomorrow (Friday) so they can bugger off until Monday.

24Ta Ra, playmates! - Page 2 Empty Re: Ta Ra, playmates! Fri Nov 17 2017, 08:35

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i've read the last 3 posts a few times now and i'm still none the wiser  Very Happy

25Ta Ra, playmates! - Page 2 Empty Re: Ta Ra, playmates! Fri Nov 17 2017, 09:32

Dunkels King

Dunkels King
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Bollotom2014 wrote:
Dunkels King wrote:

Not e-goat but ARRSE. e-goat is a bit too serious for me and Pprune too posh. Don't do Tacevals, I sometimes pass the order but I haven't seen one for ages. Manpower problems I think. Used to love sending the East Anglians, Lincs folk to Lossiemouth, and the Lossiemouth lot to Cornwall. Hammered not allowed now really, unless you have a few days off. Very strict on drink and drug random testing. Long weekend from tomorrow (Friday) so they can bugger off until Monday.

I forgot about the ARRSE website as I always thought it was basically for the Army. I of course can respect the strictness nowadays regarding drink and drugs, what with Human Factors and Health and safety. I have to admit I got a little disappointed when I noticed Ramp Tramps starting to wear Hi-Viz tabards. I hope that they don't have to wear them if it kicks off anywhere. Also, as much as I hated Tacevals, mainly because I hadn't joined up to be running around with a rifle at 4am after 10 Wobblies and several Apfelkorn chasers, it would seem strange to not be having them at least once a month. Gloswhite: What's a Sopwith Laughing  I was on Tonkas back then when they where pretty new and shiny. Half my mates from training ended up on Victors at Marham. Poor sods. I got some half decent jollies in my time, and got out before the first Gulf War. I did get a letter from the MOD when it kicked off telling me I might have to go back to Marham as support but luckily it didn't happen. I would have rather have been in the Desert than back in Norfolk.

26Ta Ra, playmates! - Page 2 Empty Re: Ta Ra, playmates! Fri Nov 17 2017, 10:32

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:i've read the last 3 posts a few times now and i'm still none the wiser  Very Happy
I'm glad that I not the only one. Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum