Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

ALAN HOUGHTON'S FANS' VIEW: Brentford 2-0 Bolton Wanderers

+2
Natasha Whittam
karlypants
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Muster was at eight o’clock on a cold, still-dark morning on the Macron car park for the trip down to face the Bees of Griffin Park.

Not many of us were buzzing at that unearthly hour as we prepared to face a team unbeaten in their last 12 home matches who, after a poor start, have not looked back since we set them on their winning ways back in late September. A point would be a good result.

Brunch was a welcome full English breakfast at Cherwell Valley Services.

From where the coaches have to park, we had to walk over an old footbridge over the railway, bringing back memories of crossing Orlando footbridge to walk down the Manny Road to see the Burnden aces.

We still arrived in good time to sink a few pints of London Pride in the friendly Griffin, where both sets of fans happily mixed but, alas, there was not enough time to undertake the Brentford four-corners challenge.

Maybe next year, if we stay up as the locals were telling me their new ground will not be ready until December 2019.

We were sardined into the Brook Road stand where the lack of legroom was a problem, even for the vertically challenged like me.

We already had our heads on our knees before a ball was kicked.

Phil Parkinson threw Harry Charsley straight into the firing line and we started brightly in both halves, holding our own for the majority of the match.

But we lacked that cutting edge to create real chances and paid the price when we conceded soft goals late in each half.

It’s a long journey back when you lose a match that you could have got something out of.

Fortunately, we didn’t lose any ground on our relegation rivals as most of them lost as well.

It’s going to be tight; It’s going to go to the wire.

We’re going to need every point we can get and Saturday was a missed opportunity as there was a point to be had.

If only we could have been more creative and more of the players had played to their true form.

Source

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Fuck off.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Shocked

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It sounds like a bowls club outing for the over 70's.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:It sounds like a bowls club outing for the over 70's.
6 more years and then you can join then! Razz Razz Razz

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Does he write this drunk?

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:
And I'll probably still be buggering about on here. Mad

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:
karlypants wrote:
And I'll probably still be buggering about on here. Mad
Nothing wrong with that. At least it will keep you out of trouble somewhat. Very Happy

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

finlaymcdanger wrote:Does he write this drunk?

What if he does?

I've no idea why the Bolton News has commissioned a regular match article from a fan - I believe he is the chairman of the Bolton Wanderers Supporters Association (which is a social gathering as opposed to a self appointed, self interest, anti owner pressure group), so if he's going to the games for self pleasure - then how else could he write about.

Fair play to him for enjoying himself following the Wanderers - isn't that what it is all about anyway?

Whether anybody wants to read about it is quite a different thing altogether though.

He's reporting in his own way just as the young lad who does his vlogs does.

I can't say I'm a regular reader/viewer of either of them but they both seem to enjoy making them and they are causing nobody any harm - so why not do it the way they want?

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

He pays his money and passes his comments.
Not a lot to write about when the entertainment on the pitch is shite.
I tip my hat to him, at least he gets off his couch and goes!

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:Fuck off.
Perhaps Transformation Street is more your bag?

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:

I believe he is the chairman of the Bolton Wanderers Supporters Association (which is a social gathering as opposed to a self appointed, self interest, anti owner pressure group).
Couldn't resist it,could you? No one mentioned the ST. I myself am a member of the BWSA,a fine body of men and women,who obviously love the club.
But,like many other supporters,we enjoy taking the piss out of each other as often as possible,hence my rather gentle 'bowls club' jibe.
I really don't need a pompous lecture about it.
Anyway,here's a little titbit. Breadman is joining the LibDems!
I'm not sure I'll be able to contain myself,so I'm refraining from emailing him,in case he sets Humphrey on me.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

boltonbonce wrote:
Sluffy wrote:

I believe he is the chairman of the Bolton Wanderers Supporters Association (which is a social gathering as opposed to a self appointed, self interest, anti owner pressure group).
Couldn't resist it,could you? No one mentioned the ST. I myself am a member of the BWSA,a fine body of men and women,who obviously love the club.
But,like many other supporters,we enjoy taking the piss out of each other as often as possible,hence my rather gentle 'bowls club' jibe.
I really don't need a pompous lecture about it.
Anyway,here's a little titbit. Breadman is joining the LibDems!
I'm not sure I'll be able to contain myself,so I'm refraining from emailing him,in case he sets Humphrey on me.

I never mentioned the ST.

That was you!

But if you believe what I posted describes the ST then you are more than welcome to your opinion and thank you for sharing it with us.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We all know who you meant,Stuffy. I'm not so green as cabbage looking.

:nono:

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

boltonbonce wrote:We all know who you meant,Stuffy. I'm not so green as cabbage looking.

:nono:

Never said you were, Bounce.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Very Happy

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:Never said you were, Bounce.

I did Bonce, you massive cabbage.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

What's the difference between cabbage and snot?

Kids don't eat cabbage.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum